• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

Have 2 of those community betas, first 2 to quote get them. PM me the email address you use for steam after you secure the quote, not your steam id.

xJavonta

Banned
Soo when I restarted Steam this popped up.
R5gko.png
I didn't pre-purchase the game. I've had beta access for a while though.

Nabs

Soo when I restarted Steam this popped up.

I didn't pre-purchase the game. I've had beta access for a while though.

I got it too. I think it's because they switched the steam id for the game to match the beta for some reason.

AlexBasch

Is there any site where you people get your Steam skins? I know there's deviantart, but can you recommend another one?

There's a Steam forum thread with a bunch on it. I haven't really searched though since PixelVision looks great and is apparently updated frequently.
I use Pixelvision as well but I was looking for a change for a bit, will look there, thanks. :)

xJavonta

Banned
I got it too. I think it's because they switched the steam id for the game to match the beta for some reason.
Makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up

Is there any site where you people get your Steam skins? I know there's deviantart, but can you recommend another one?
There's a Steam forum thread with a bunch on it. I haven't really searched though since PixelVision looks great and is apparently updated frequently.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
If he ends up not being a robot I'm working on the assumption that it is because there's some other completely batshit crazy plot twist instead.
Quoting myself because I've made it to Chapter 6 of Binary Domain and
the verdict is: batshit crazy plot twist

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So decided to use the invite...

Yup, I fucking hate it. Game pages are now just large amounts of obnoxious pictures and loading pictures.

Complete with the leading ones being tits or ass if the game has them, followed up with questions like Rosche or Ivo.

My friend's activity too... same deal.

The crashes during the Holiday season are going be fantastic.

And it doesn't seem like the store pages for the games were updated, what I thought was going to be updated. >_>

bigace33

Hey, the only way to get in the CS:GO beta is to pre-purchase the game? Also, how do I change my steam layout to pixelvision? B^(

XeroSauce

Hey, the only way to get in the CS:GO beta is to pre-purchase the game? Also, how do I change my steam layout to pixelvision? B^(

Have you downloaded the files? Read the install instructions, you have to put them in Program Files/Steam/skins, put the whole folder in there.

Then go to Settings in Steam, the Interface tab, and choose the Pixelvision skin. Restart Steam.

bigace33

Have you downloaded the files? Read the install instructions, you have to put them in Program Files/Steam/skins, put the whole folder in there.

Then go to Settings in Steam, the Interface tab, and choose the Pixelvision skin. Restart Steam.

Thanks. Gonna download now.

Derrick01

Banned
So just to make sure, if you set your content (like screenshots) to friends only they won't show up on the game hubs right?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Yep. No more invites will be sent out (the game itself is out in less than a week, anyway).

Sarcasm

So I guess I must have the steam client to see this badge people are talking about. Can someone tell me what it is and such?

dot

So I guess I must have the steam client to see this badge people are talking about. Can someone tell me what it is and such?

-Join a group
-Comment on a friend's profile
-Post a screenshot
-Add a game to your wishlist
-Set an avatar on your Community profile
-Play a game
-Rate an item on the Workshop
-Link your Steam and Facebook accounts
-Recommend a game
-Post a video
-Comment on a friend's screenshot
-Set your real name on your Community profile
-Add a friend to your friends list

Do all these tasks and you'll get the Pillar of Community badge.

EDIT - Actually, upon checking your steam profile you seem to already have the badge! lol Previously the badge had no use up until now, however now the first 50,000 people who got this particular badge gets the beta invite for the new Community thing. That's it.

Teknoman

Man...the entire Alan Wake franchise for $9.99 is an amazing deal! Going to sell my 360 version asap to switch out. These daily deals...wow.

Levyne

Banned
Hmm, just checked out of the blue on canyourunit and Alan Wake is the first game where it's my cpu that doesn't meet the recommended instead of the gpu. Not really interested in the game, though.

How easy is it to set up 360 controller support for Macs? Last time I tried with Super Meat Boy and only like 2 buttons were working...

Salsa

How easy is it to set up 360 controller support for Macs? Last time I tried with Super Meat Boy and only like 2 buttons were working...

Super Meat Boy controller support for mac is completely borked and it aint gonna be fixed

such is the way of life, sadly

you could check for alternative software I guess

Super Meat Boy controller support for mac is completely borked and it aint gonna be fixed

such is the way of life, sadly

you could check for alternative software I guess

Ah, figured it was Steam games in particular. Anybody know if Bastion's Mac version work well with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom