• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
WHAT? So the 4 remaining Bit.Trip games are actually going to come out on PC? Fuck yea!
...Did Gaijin say this anywhere? Or was it in the registry?

I mean I'd love for it to happen, but I'm really skeptical after so long. And right now they're focusing on Runner 2...

MRORANGE

If I had a long moustache, I'd twirl it diabolically.

OKHh3.png

Amazing Spider-Man is available for £24.99 in the UK, around $40.52 and roughly ten dollars' difference, unless I'm mistaken..

If anyone wants it from the UK, I'm happy to help with gifting.

Toki767

Anyone need a key for the HIB6 bonus games? Preferably to someone who doesn't own any of the games instead of someone who just needs one or two.

I mean I'd love for it to happen, but I'm really skeptical after so long. And right now they're focusing on Runner 2...

I remember reading that they were coming over a year ago on the Steam forums.

I asked Gajin a question on their Facebook about when we might see another installment of Commander Video's journey on Steam, and their reply was:

"CORE and all the other games will come to Steam. We had to push them back to do 2 other projects (something for the 3ds and something with a disk). My guess is you will see another game on Steam as soon as 2 months, but maybe as long as 5. I hope that helps!"

Maybe with Runner 2 almost done they will actually do that now.

Holy mother of god, fibre optic is amazing

2202127739.png
Doesn't fiber usually have parallel download and upload speeds? We have cable connections that are 120/10 over here. Fibre optic 100/100 in plenty of areas. For instance my parents only pay 45 euros for a 100/100 connection but they could get 500/500 connection for only 60 euros a month.

http://www.on.nl/internet.html

Good luck getting that from Steam though. Haha.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

I don't know, I first heard of it a while ago, when Nabs mentioned Core. And now that I've read his post again, I realized it was ironic :(

So there goes my dream of playing Flux in 1080p and 8xAA.

I remember reading that they were coming over a year ago on the Steam forums.
Maybe with Runner 2 almost done they will actually do that now.
So it's true after all? I know I can play them on my Wii, but it wouldn't hurt having them on PC. Specially because I'd rather sit on the computer, play for a while and check GAF when I get bored than turn on the TV and console, search through the Wii SD menu, wait for the game to load, play it and then turn everything off again. Yeah, I'm lazy :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Doesn't fiber usually have parallel download and upload speeds? We have cable connections that are 120/10 over here. Fibre optic 100/100 in plenty of areas. For instance my parents only pay 45 euros for a 100/100 connection but they could get 500/500 connection for only 60 euros a month.

http://www.on.nl/internet.html

The simple answer is that it depends on the network topology. Direct point-to-point connections would have no issues with symmetric speeds, but the cheaper option is to roll out a Passive Optical Network, which is asymmetric (given current hardware/standards, anyway).

Here in Australia, the fibre rollout is using GPON (although businesses can opt to pay for a point-to-point connection if they so desire), which offers 2.488Gbps downstream and 1.244Gbps upstream, and is shared between up to 32 homes. Currently, the highest speed tier available is 100Mbps/40Mbps, but that's to change in 2014 (which, incidentally, is when my old-arse town will be connected -- can't wait to ditch my all-but-useless ADSL connection), with additional tiers going all the way up to 1Gbps down and at least 400Mbps up.

So it's true after all? I know I can play them on my Wii, but it wouldn't hurt having them on PC. Specially because I'd rather sit on the computer, play for a while and check GAF when I get bored than turn on the TV and console, search through the Wii SD menu, wait for the game to load, play it and then turn everything off again. Yeah, I'm lazy :p

Hah, I'd rather have them all on PC also. I had the WiiWare games but got rid of the system in favor of Dolphin. Then I got the Collection for 3DS but there wasn't a left-handed option for Flux, and that's my favorite game of the series, so I got rid of it.

catabarez

So I'm playing Far Cry 2 with my 360 controller. Is there a way to make the controller prompts show up instead of keyboard? Also looking for a fix for this on Homefront.

If anyone bought McPixel during the pay what you want weekend (or any other time prior to today), you should have a Steam code waiting for you on your McPixel.net download page.

I love Civ V A.I.

I liberate a city-state, Milan, that the Huns had conquered 100's of turns/thousands of years ago. Milan instantly becomes my ally and declares war on Attila. Next turn there's a diplomatic interaction with Catherine the Great. "Hey you better leave Milan's protection to Russia, wouldn't want you stepping on anyone's toes."

MRORANGE

I find it really annoying that indie dev's do not put pre-order prices for games, Half Minute Hero & Castle Crashers come to mind.

Seriously I want to buy your games, there is not point in listing your game as "coming soon" without giving a price.

I just realized Castle Crashers has Cross-Platform Multiplayer :0 must be PSN ?

Dambrosi

Banned
Alright, anyone still without Wizorb, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles, and Jamestown in their backlog can claim my HIB6 bonus keys by quoting this post IN A REPLY. Lurkers be damned. I'll PM you with the key if you're first.

I find it really annoying that indie dev's do not put pre-order prices for games, Half Minute Hero & Castle Crashers come to mind.

Seriously I want to buy your games, there is not point in listing your game as "coming soon" without giving a price.

I just realized Castle Crashers has Cross-Platform Multiplayer :0 must be PSN ?

In both cases, I think it would be the same as their XBLA counterparts (i.e. $15 for Castle Crashers and $10 for Half Minute Hero). Also, I'd wager Cross-Platform Multiplayer means Windows vs Mac multiplayer, not PC vs console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom