• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I find it really annoying that indie dev's do not put pre-order prices for games, Half Minute Hero & Castle Crashers come to mind.

Seriously I want to buy your games, there is not point in listing your game as "coming soon" without giving a price.
Pretty sure the issue is Valve, not the devs. HMH is already listed on Playism at $9.99, so it's not like they're trying to hide the price information. Seems like Steam only allows pre-orders for bigger names, and they either can't or won't display a price for items you can't pay for.

Tomodachi

Thank God I checked before claiming the bonus games. I was sure I missed Gratuitous Space Battle but it looks like I already bought it... someday... sometime... no idea when really, lol.

So I hid the code in this post, enjoy!

Quoted for new page. Not sure if somebody already took it, could you try (if you want the games) and tell me if you got it or if it's already (stealth) redeemed?

The whole PM thing of giving keys is way better than the email code thing, I just want to make sure somebody used the code, wouldn't hurt to say "I took it!" :/

The_End

thanks.

Considering that you have to agree to the agreement before you can enter the key in the first place, the answer is obvious.

Well its been a while since I entered a key into steam, so I couldn't remember. I was just trying to figure out if I had already agreed to the newest user agreement. I think I entered a key a few days after the new agreement, so it looks like I've already agreed to it.

Nabs

It looks like Bit.Trip.Core is coming to Steam along with Soundtrack.

So the next batch of Greenlight titles will be announced on the 15th? I have a feeling they will try to release a few of those close to that date.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Ick, there's gotta be an easier way to give away codes that that. Too much work to try to figure out if any of those codes are still working.

He thought that bots were taking some when he posted a text list, so he went to the image list. I managed to snag one from the image list.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So GAF, what do you think about me buying Jet Set Radio for $7.5? Bear in mind that I never played it before, and neither JSRF.

chixdiggit

I find it really annoying that indie dev's do not put pre-order prices for games, Half Minute Hero & Castle Crashers come to mind.

Seriously I want to buy your games, there is not point in listing your game as "coming soon" without giving a price.

I just realized Castle Crashers has Cross-Platform Multiplayer :0 must be PSN ?

Is there any reason to get Castle Crashers on Steam if you already played the beejesus out of the Xbox version? Does it have anything new?

kennah

It being in your Steam library would be pretty new.

Also it would be compatible with Big Picture Mode!

Comfy couch. Something something.

Mairu

Ick, there's gotta be an easier way to give away codes that that. Too much work to try to figure out if any of those codes are still working.

Some developers have given out keys on reddit using a bot that auto replies to PMs, and obviously stops replying after all the keys are gone. It's kind of inconvenient to have to randomly try codes, but I guess it's free so it's your choice if you decide to spend the time entering codes before your account gets locked out.

Piano

Banned
So what is with the weird bowel noise Steam has started making now and then? Ever since the big picture mode update.

Blizzard

Banned
So GAF, what do you think about me buying Jet Set Radio for $7.5? Bear in mind that I never played it before, and neither JSRF.
I'd never played it before either, and I think it's cool. It's not super easy, but it's a decent port (make sure you reboot after installing it), and works well if you have a controller (e.g. 360 controller). Keyboard controls for graffiti might not work as wel.

Also, I picked up the $1.69 daily deal, Heroes of World War II, for myself and two friends. I figured since it was rated 77/100, didn't seem to have obnoxious DRM, and has co-op AI stomp mode, how bad could it be! :p (assuming that co-op works online, that is...)

DTKT

I'd never played it before either, and I think it's cool. It's not super easy, but it's a decent port (make sure you reboot after installing it), and works well if you have a controller (e.g. 360 controller). Keyboard controls for graffiti might not work as wel.

Also, I picked up the $1.69 daily deal, Heroes of World War II, for myself and two friends. I figured since it was rated 77/100, didn't seem to have obnoxious DRM, and has co-op AI stomp mode, how bad could it be! :p (assuming that co-op works online, that is...)

That game is really weird. It looks like a 10 years old version of Men of War. I was about to buy it but since I already own MoW, I was able to talk myself out of it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, I plan on playing it with my 360 pad, so that's no problem. Do you think there's a possibility that the game will be cheaper than that on the Steam winter sale?
Oh whatever, I may pick it up now before my 25%-off voucher from GMG expires, though I won't be getting my paycheck till friday (doesn't matter, I don't care about being hungry as long as I can have new games!).

Nabs

Yup, I plan on playing it with my 360 pad, so that's no problem. Do you think there's a possibility that the game will be cheaper than that on the Steam winter sale?
Oh whatever, I may pick it up now before my 25%-off voucher from GMG expires, though I won't be getting my paycheck till friday (doesn't matter, I don't care about being hungry as long as I can have new games!).

Just get it, it's awesome.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
JSR is mine!

Where's JSR available for $7.50?
Green Man Gaming, with the 25%-off code they gave a couple of days ago with some free game.

I don't know if it's reusable (and I just used it to get the game), but here's mine:
UMPN1-L2CLX-G4SLZ

Fireblend

Banned
Well, I just finished Alan Wake: American Nightmare and it sure was shorter than I expected (not necessarily a bad thing); gotta say the gameplay and the battle mechanics in particular were a huge improvement over the original game, and while the dialogue was a bit cheesy, I guess it might as well have been intended, taking into consideration that the whole game is supposed to be a Night Springs episode (the franchise's version of The Twilight Zone).

Also tried Rochard; played for about 30 mins and I'm hooked! It's some sort of crazy Metroid+Trine mix, and I'm a sucker for space games, this game's got style!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I love Civ V A.I.

I liberate a city-state, Milan, that the Huns had conquered 100's of turns/thousands of years ago. Milan instantly becomes my ally and declares war on Attila. Next turn there's a diplomatic interaction with Catherine the Great. "Hey you better leave Milan's protection to Russia, wouldn't want you stepping on anyone's toes."

Yeah it really is stupid. Although thankfully if you're going for diplomatic, any civ or city state you rescued are automatically going to vote for you

Salsa

Think I can only justify getting Castle Crashers OR Hell Yeah! for now

leaning towards CC since i'll have my buddy around for co-op.

Then again we dont know how much Castle Crashers is gonna be. Could end up being cheaper since its such an old game by this point

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Hope those include the XBLA versions since I'd definitely apply for Costume Quest and Limbo since I beat the games on there already but haven't played the Steam versions.

They've clarified the requirements once again for the Stacking/Psychonauts Raptr giveaway, only the PC versions of Limbo, Costume Quest, and Iron Brigade count.

Free Steam code for Stacking/Psychonauts

REQUIREMENTS:
  • Hardcore or above in a selected Indie title
  • Facebook account connected
  • Resident in eligible country

Indie Titles include:
    • Costume Quest (PC)
    • Iron Brigade (PC)
    • LIMBO (PC)

Giveaway starts on the 27th, probably around 9 AM PDT. And like I said if you don't actually have the games,
you can use the website to manually add them and the game time. The only drawback to it is you can only add up to 6 hours at a time and you'll have to wait 6 hours after adding them before you can add another 6. Most games don't require a lot of hours for the low ranks though.

Bluth54

Maybe this will fix the horrendously slow load times on the store and community pages.

You can fix that right now if you use Windows. Open Internet Explorer, go to tools (or the gear icon) and go to Internet options. Click on connections, then lan settings. Uncheck automatically detect settings and click okay.

You will be amazed how much faster the Steam store and community load.

Nelo Ice

Banned
They've clarified the requirements once again for the Stacking/Psychonauts Raptr giveaway, only the PC versions of Limbo, Costume Quest, and Iron Brigade count.

Giveaway starts on the 27th, probably around 9 AM PDT. And like I said if you don't actually have the games,
you can use the website to manually add them and the game time. The only drawback to it is you can only add up to 6 hours at a time and you'll have to wait 6 hours after adding them before you can add another 6. Most games don't require a lot of hours for the low ranks though.

Well guess I have to add some more game time manually and or leave the game running for a few hours lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom