• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exuro

OMG. Finally you can install games to whatever drive you want. It took their time but hell yeah.
It's been a while and it's only for games using the new content system. A lot of promised features won't be released until they've migrated everything over, such as bandwidth throttling and scheduling.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Cross-post from another thread. There are still some beta keys left. I have activated one today. The trick is the hidden keys are to be activated on the website and then you get a Steam key. This lets you try already-used keys without blocking you for fifteen minutes.

How do I get one of these keys? I'm unclear...

Castle Crashers 4-pack is up. Anyone want in?

PM me! $11.25 Paypal gift each.

Edit: 2 spots left. I already purchased the pack so I'll send the game as soon as payment is received.

1-D_FTW

I love playing a game that turns out to be hot trash, looking at your friends list, and seeing almost everyone who's played quit before the two hour mark. Makes you feel better about getting such gratification from hitting the delete button.

MRORANGE

Wait.... what the hell, castle crashers is £2 cheaper from when I bought it 5 hours ago for £11.99 now it's £9.99 ?! (single)

Seriously this is bullshit, this further proves my point that all indie dev's need to get pricing listed when the put their game up for pre-order.

Wait.... what the hell, castle crashers is £2 cheaper from when I bought it 5 hours ago for £11.99 now it's £9.99 ?! (single)

Seriously this is bullshit, this further proves my point that all indie dev's need to get pricing listed when the put their game up for pre-order.

Contact Steam for a refund so you can rebuy the game, it's the only way. I agree that prices should be listed with the pre-order page, cause otherwise there's no point to having it.

Also, I would've totally bought Castle Crashers if it were $10, but since the Behemoth wants to charge $15 for a game that should've come out on Steam two years ago and not even include all the dlc fuck em.

dani_dc

The game also went from 13.99 euros to 11.99 here, the US price seems to have stayed the same so I assume it was an issue with the conversion. Pretty bad mistake of whoever made it, and would had been entirely avoidable if they had done what you suggested.

Either way at least it's fixed now.

If you didn't play yet I would try to do what QuantumBro suggested, otherwise I'd Tweet something to the developer to see if they throw some free DLC or something your way.

MRORANGE

Contact Steam for a refund so you can rebuy the game, it's the only way. I agree that prices should be listed with the pre-order page, cause otherwise there's no point to having it.

Also, I would've totally bought Castle Crashers if it were $10, but since the Behemoth wants to charge $15 for a game that should've come out on Steam two years ago and not even include all the dlc fuck em.

The game also went from 13.99 euros to 11.99 here, the US price seems to have stayed the same so I assume it was an issue with the conversion. Pretty bad mistake of whoever made it, and would had been entirely avoidable if they had done what you suggested.

Either way at least it's fixed now.

If you didn't play yet I would try to do what QuantumBro suggested, otherwise I'd Tweet something to the developer to see if they throw some free DLC or something your way.

Think I'm just going to tweet the dev's, I've played a bit of the game and I actually like it, but the price miss match is silly, I could have easily got all the DLC with the money I could have saved in the first place.

$14.99 for a 4 year old game with no DLC? This has to be a joke? Right?
laugh1v6b1.gif

Man I don't know if it has already been mentioned but only just discovered Lucius is hitting Steam in October, currently has 15% off pre-order price.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/218640/

Tricycle around knocking your adoptive mum over a balcony.
lucius-videogame.jpg

When Lucius was born on the June 6th, 1966, nobody expected him to be anything other than a normal little boy but everything changed on Lucius’ 6th Birthday, when his true calling was revealed to him.
Equipped with supernatural powers, take control of Lucius as he begins his blood filled tour of horror through his own house, using Hell’s powers of telekinesis and mind control to orchestrate deadly accidents that will minimize the population of the Dante Manor one by one by one.

I have high hopes for this.

Carm

Weird, Steam just crashed on me for the first time ever. Was on the main menu for WoW and it alt tabbed with a Steam has stopped working. I wasn't even using a shortcut through Steam.

Weird, Steam just crashed on me for the first time ever. Was on the main menu for WoW and it alt tabbed with a Steam has stopped working. I wasn't even using a shortcut through Steam.

It just crashed for me too! And it was right after it logged on again after losing the connection.

dorkimoe

i wish they would re-do the community page/store page/ well pretty much the interface loads like complete ass (except the library)

Derrick01

Banned
Man I don't know if it has already been mentioned but only just discovered Lucius is hitting Steam in October, currently has 15% off pre-order price.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/218640/

Tricycle around knocking your adoptive mum over a balcony.
lucius-videogame.jpg

I have high hopes for this.

This actually sounds pretty cool. Besides looking like the shining, the concept reminds me of that one Genesis game where you possessed random shit around the house trying to scare the people away. Only this time you kill them...even better!

Gvaz

Banned
This actually sounds pretty cool. Besides looking like the shining, the concept reminds me of that one Genesis game where you possessed random shit around the house trying to scare the people away. Only this time you kill them...even better!
Are you thinking of Ghost Master? Because you do that too.

Derrick01

Banned
Are you thinking of Ghost Master? Because you do that too.

I don't remember the name. You were some kind of green ghost dude but it was typical early 90s cheese. He was dressed in some corny "cool" outfit and the game was more kid friendly because you'd just scare the people not hurt them. The only shitty party was that the scare parts were timed and then when you ran out of juice you had to do awful dungeon crawling parts to refill it.

EDIT: I found it! Haunting...Starring Polterguy (lolz). Probably the best game EA made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haunting_(video_game)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Playism has it for $10 on their site, will also be providing a 10% discount until Oct. 5th.
Steam redemption, select songs from the soundtrack, and a entry to win a themed watch.

http://playism-games.com/games/halfminutehero/

Ah, cheers. I'll buy it from there if the discount goes live before the Steam version itself does. (It has to be before because I'll be on auto-pilot when the Steam Store updates. :p)

Blizzard

Banned
The Syberia games have really cool art/architectural style -- prerendered backgrounds and such.

So tonight's story: Javaman, Botolf, Joe Molotov, and myself tried Soldiers: Heroes of World War II in 4-player co-op. It turns out that on easy, the game is still super difficult. Control is very arcane and particular...there is a bit of RTS control, but with 4 players everyone is typically a single soldier and if you die, you're out (unless someone managed to save a revive kit).

Inventory is confusing, like something out of ARMA II...to revive someone we figured out you had to inventory screen, double click the revive kit, then click on someone. I'm not sure I ever figured out how to pick up a new gun. Sometimes I would start with my gun unloaded or unactivated and had to figure out the screen or keyboard shortcut for that. Your guy would tend to stand up and get shot unexpectedly, so we had to move while prone and then switch to direct control to actually try to aim. Botolf was the best at actually figuring out how to arc grenades and properly blow things up. One cool thing is that everything is supposed to be destructible, so you can knock down walls and buildings, but the downside is that in the maps we tried, the odds are stacked against you (like 50 vs 4) and artillery will occasionally shell your position and kill half of you.

The game itself was oddly comforting in an old-PC-game way with lots of controls, volume options, etc. -- and direct IP LAN play still worked (Gamespy Arcade apparently doesn't even support the game anymore). Not sure if lag was an issue or not...control was very janky. Also one stupid decision was not letting you view/edit controls or options while ingame, so we had to keep a webpage open (only like one webpage on the internet seemed to have controls, and not even all of them).

Overall it feels like a game that has some interesting ideas, like the direct and RTS control, and looting corpses with inventory screens (items take up space), and equipping weapons/clips/helmets, but the janky control and very high difficulty/learning curve make it tough to pick up, at least for a single co-op vs AI round. In campaign it sounds like you can keep soldiers and items from the previous round to help your odds (plus saving and reloading, maybe).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom