• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm really not a fan of the new content system...installing a new game makes the hard disk grind so much. I think one of my friends was talking about how it hurts other games to have a download running now, which used not to be the case for them.

DTKT

I'm really not a fan of the new content system...installing a new game makes the hard disk grind so much. I think one of my friends was talking about how it hurts other games to have a download running now, which used not to be the case for them.

That sounds more like a bug than a consequence of the new content system. It shouldn't impact performance. At least, I never noticed a Steam download impacting my performance.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'd seen this mentioned more than a few times and disabled automatic updating for Dota 2 to see it for myself, but when I updated the game about a month later, it didn't seem to do anything out of the ordinary, so I wonder if the problem is some sort of peculiar issue that affects only certain drives/types of drives (this is my current Steam drive).

Edit: I should also mention that I ran my little experiment before the particular Dota 2 patch that supposedly addressed the issue.

Blizzard

Banned
I'd seen this mentioned more than a few times and disabled automatic updating for Dota 2 to see it for myself, but when I updated the game about a month later, it didn't seem to do anything out of the ordinary, so I wonder if the problem is some sort of peculiar issue that affects only certain drives/types of drives (this is my current Steam drive).

Edit: I should also mention that I ran my little experiment before the particular Dota 2 patch that supposedly addressed the issue.
I'd seen a suggestion that a certain optional Windows 7 patch might fix it, but I think I held off doing that because I thought I read Steam was doing their own fix. Maybe I should hunt down the patch again. :p Or maybe I should get a new machine (this is the correct answer).

So apparently Everyday Genius: Square Logic rights have reverted to TrueThought.

So it may pop up again on Steam in the future.. but it looks like a case of it being removed as MumboJumbo's rights reverted to the developers, the developers contacted Steam to have it listed by them.. and then.. nothing.. :/

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2776324

Process seems.. broken?

A shame. Someone was telling me how I needed to play it and then it got taken down. Hopefully it'll be back up. At the very least greenlight will be there I guess. Sucks they have to go back to the bottom and work up though. Think it'd just be straight back on.

Whenever Steam became super unresponsive and everything else was going haywire I'd check if Dota 2 was being updated, and sure enough... I even tried the W7 patch that was suggested to no avail.

I should just uninstall it, I don't even play it anyhow.

Ledsen

Non-sequiteur: is there an active Steam ID's thread?
I love having tons of Steam friends for the purposes of recommendations, high scores, etc etc. For anyone who wants to add me, this is my Steam profile.

haikira

Does Half Minute hero on steam, have anything similar to the multiplayer on the PSP version? I had a fucking blast playing that with friends. It was a very unique experience and quite funny when you'd deliberately let the world end, if you weren't doing as good as your enemy.

Only thing that game needed, was more multiplayer maps.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Shadow complex
Rez HD
Scott Pilgrim
Radiant Silvergun
Ikaruga
Guardian Heroes
If this one came out on PC I'd buy it day one, GFWL or not. I sometimes wish I had a PS3, there's a nice number of games there I'd like to play. But I can't justify getting one this late on the gen.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Binary Domain for 7,99€ with voucher GMG20-27J4Z-8NXHO @ GMG

Even less if you still have a 25% off from the recent promotion. No idea what it is in USD, should be the same.

No excuses anymore.

The regular price is $9.98, $7.99 after using the voucher.

BTW, I find it really weird that GMG displays prices in USD for me. I'm in Sweden, so shouldn't I be getting Euro prices? Not that I'm complaining, as it seems like the USD prices are a bit lower, but still!

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
We just need a few more from XBLA and it will be fine.

FEZ - DUST - SINE MORA

Shadow complex
Rez HD
Scott Pilgrim
Radiant Silvergun
Ikaruga
Guardian Heroes
Fez is coming. Sine Mora should be coming according to this interview with Balazs Horvath, though I doubt they'll make his timeframe given the PSV version isn't even dated yet. The game itself was delayed a bunch so I'm unsurprised, plus some kind of company split happened after the XBLA release which can't help.

It is weird that we haven't seen Shadow Complex or Scott Pilgrim. Outland would be nice too.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Deadlight on Steam for Halloween. Good for me.

Man, are there any big XBLA games that aren't making it over to Steam? Even Fez and Joe Danger 2 are probably somewhere on the horizon.

EDIT - Looks like this was discussed above. Shadow Complex and Geometry Wars 2 are the big ones missing for me.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I don't know if PC could even save Shadow Complex's visuals. It looks awful on 360, but a lot of the issues stem from the actual assets and the way the earlier revision of UE3 was used. I'd like update to the latest revision with baked in GI to replace the old lighting, no motion blur, improved DOF, and improved assets where necessary.

Crub

Shadow complex
Rez HD
Scott Pilgrim
Radiant Silvergun
Ikaruga
Guardian Heroes

Adding:

Outland
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Perfect Dark
Alien Hominid HD
Beyond Good & Evil HD
Rayman 3 HD
Bloodrayne: Betrayal
Hard Cops Uprising
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
Mega Man 9
Mega Man 10
Moon Diver
Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury

SteveWD40

How is Deadlight for replay value? Is it once and done or are there other modes / NG+?

Edit: And the XBLA version of Doom2 needs to be on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom