• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
You guys are kind of making me want to redownload MP3 and give it another shot even though I hated it. This is the kind of dumb things extreme boredom does.

Salsa

You guys are kind of making me want to redownload MP3 and give it another shot even though I hated it. This is the kind of dumb things extreme boredom does.

do it

crank that godly soundtrack and DX11 graphics and play on the hardest difficulty, aim at the head

Alright so basically whatever MS put that tracks that stuff is awful and can't track correctly for shit. I have SR3 and AC as well and I don't get it for those and I have a worse PC than Xeno. Every time it comes up I hit the bottom option which is don't change anything and stop bothering me but it doesn't even listen to that so...whatever I guess :lol.

Yeah I just turned off the Aero and haven't had it since. Never noticed any problems with my PC when the message did pop up though.

Rufus

Shake your fist at the countless cutscenes only film students could love. Curse Max Payne as he mopes about what a failure he is, while you, wearing his skin, pull off one death defying, superhero, balls the size of watermelons stunt after another.

Also, Max Payne 3 is noire in the sense that it's a piece of shit.

Derrick01

Banned
do it

crank that godly soundtrack and DX11 graphics and play on the hardest difficulty, aim at the head

I don't think I'll play on the hardest I already don't like the gameplay much, making it so I have to stay in cover and shoot the whole game will only make me hate it more. It does look amazing though I'll give the game that much. I wasn't even using DX11 stuff since it's such a resource drain.

Guys, should I play Football Manager 2012 or wait for the new version?

Currently playing as a manager in FIFA 13 and I realise I generally spend my time managing and simulating the games rather than playing them.

Also how addictive can tHe game be? Civilisation-esque?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Currently playing as a manager in FIFA 13 and I realise I generally spend my time managing and simulating the games rather than playing them.

Football Manager 2012 is the most addictive thing I have ever played. I loaded it up once and played for almost 30+ hours straight without loading another game.

And I can't even explain why.

As for iterations, someone else might have to cover for that. FM2013 seems to have some new stuff that might be worth waiting for and diving into. It's about a $10 difference so its up to you.

PaulLFC

You can get a preorder of FM13 (with beta access) for 25% off at GreenManGaming using their voucher code, so I would say go for that, partly because they always improve incrementally with each version, but mainly because of the introduction of two separate modes - "normal" with all the depth expected of a Football Manager game, and casual mode which allows you to progress much faster and just concentrate on picking the team and the most important of decisions without having to worry much about training regimes and so on. So if you've never played an FM game, you could start with the casual mode until you get a feel for the game and then if you want more of a challenge move into the "full" game.

As for how addictive it is, it's probably the most addictive game series I've ever played. Hundreds of hours played every year, and it's the same for most people once it hooks you. There's a "Football Manager Stole My Life" book, which should tell you everything you need to know about its addictiveness. So worth it though. Fantastic series.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Yeah my GPU is a gtx 470 with about 1.2gb VRAM so I think it's more that then normal RAM (I have 6gb there). The game runs fine even on high settings and some AA, but I guess something in Windows 7 goes off when I'm playing a really large map and have 70%+ of the tiles uncovered. It doesn't seem to have a negative affect on my PC, like it doesn't run any slower after I quit the game so I guess I'll just ignore it.

It doesn't happen to me (Not with Civ5, at least), and we have the same amount of vRAM (even if I have GTX570).
Anyway, I've find out that Windows Aero uses between 50 and 80 mb of vRAM, so on heavier game its better to turn it off.

You can get a preorder of FM13 (with beta access) for 25% off at GreenManGaming using their voucher code, so I would say go for that, partly because they always improve incrementally with each version, but mainly because of the introduction of two separate modes - "normal" with all the depth expected of a Football Manager game, and casual mode which allows you to progress much faster and just concentrate on picking the team and the most important of decisions without having to worry much about training regimes and so on. So if you've never played an FM game, you could start with the casual mode until you get a feel for the game and then if you want more of a challenge move into the "full" game.

As for how addictive it is, it's probably the most addictive game series I've ever played. Hundreds of hours played every year, and it's the same for most people once it hooks you. There's a "Football Manager Stole My Life" book, which should tell you everything you need to know about its addictiveness. So worth it though. Fantastic series.

Football Manager 2012 is the most addictive thing I have ever played. I loaded it up once and played for almost 30+ hours straight without loading another game.

And I can't even explain why.

As for iterations, someone else might have to cover for that. FM2013 seems to have some new stuff that might be worth waiting for and diving into. It's about a $10 difference so its up to you.

...holy hell the game sounds terrifying.

PaulLFC

...holy hell the game sounds terrifying.
It isn't really, it just has the "one more go / one more match" factor in massive quantities. There's a sort-of tutorial which pops up when you first play the game which explains the way around the various options (can be turned off though), and the "classic" mode sounds like it'll be an easier introduction. I'd say it's one of the easier games to play once you spend a few minutes to get familiar with the interface and options - it's certainly not confusing on the level that EU III or something is (or at least was for me).

Tomodachi

Giant Bomb complained that in MP3 you're essentially forced to sometimes to do the standard TPS "stay in cover, pop out to shoot" thing instead of just running as fast as you can through each stage, constantly throwing yourself to the ground while popping fools in slo-mo and generally not giving a fuck. Is that not true?
And where would the issue be, according to Giant Bomb? Yes, there is a cover system which turns the original "throw yourself on the ground every 2 seconds to kill all the enemies in the room" system with a more realistic one where you have to actually hide from bullets. It's not in any way a Gears of War where you spend 90% of the time under cover. It's actually more various than the prequels.

The only real problem in MP3 is Max's unnerving logorrhea. God that guy sure likes the sound of his own voice.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I played Football Manager for 20 minutes before quitting in a confused state of boredom.

Granted I don't like soccer so the game probably isn't for me!

daxy

One gripe with Hell Yeah! so far: Its button mapping for gamepad (that can't be changed). It's not possible to jump and shoot at the same time unless you claw your hand to use right analogue, while holding right trigger and pressing A. Would've been nice if there was an option to start shooting as soon as you hold the analogue stick in a direction, or you could just map jump to one of the shoulder buttons. Mouse and keyboard don't have this problem, of course.

At least the gameplay is fun. Don't know what people aren't liking about it. I guess it's more a matter of taste than quality?

That Midweek Madness deal is really tempting and the nearest TRU is over an hour away...

For those who don't know, Elder Scrolls series is half-off. All games and DLC on Steam included in the offer.

I don't have any of them right now :x

I gifted Football Managed 2012 to a friend and fellow gaffer for his birthday. 4 days later I got curious and checked his profile.

37h played

garath

I played Football Manager for 20 minutes before quitting in a confused state of boredom.

Granted I don't like soccer so the game probably isn't for me!

It's the only reason I don't dive in. I don't really like soccer.

Now if it was American Football manager.... my life would be over.

zkylon

zkylewd
The last few posts about Max Payne 3 basically confirm, again, my fears about the game. Oh well.

Sadly,even though I like it a lot, Alan Wake is no replacement for Max Payne. :/
In case, there was a sliver of doubt in your mind, I too attest that MP3 is pretty devoid of the things that made the first two great, and I can only recommend it for bargain bin price, since the cutscenes pretty much kill all possibility of replayability.

Alan Wake, for all its shortcomings (and there are plenty), is the MP3 that never was.

JordanKZ

Not one bit? I like it one bit. The bit where I'm not dying and respawning with 10% health. 27 times in a row.

The underwater multiple choice boss pushed me over the edge. Why the fuck aren't there more checkpoints? It's like half of the games design choices are just for the sake of being different.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Is it possible to download a Windows version of a game on a Mac? The internet at my school is super fast and I only have my Macbook with me, so it would be great to download it here and transfers it to my desktop at home.

MRORANGE

Is it possible to download a Windows version of a game on a Mac? The internet at my school is super fast and I only have my Macbook with me, so it would be great to download it here and transfers it to my desktop at home.

No.

Use bootcamp or if you're crazy: Virtualbox.

Smash88

Banned
silent_protagonist_by_omny87-d5grwn5.jpg

Why Gordon never talks...

theytookourjobz

Bought MW3 on Steam and after spending hours downloading it says Error The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request. Error 55. What the hell does that mean? What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom