• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Bought MW3 on Steam and after spending hours downloading it says Error The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request. Error 55. What the hell does that mean? What do I do?
Restart Steam a few times. If that doesn't fix it, close Steam, delete clientregistry.blob, and restart Steam. If that doesn't fix it, change your download region and restart Steam.

For all I know, none of those things may have any effect, but it will make you feel like you're doing something, and maybe it will work by the time you finish trying them all. :p I am not a fan of the error that prevents one from launching single-player games, especially.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
To add my 2c, Sleeping Dogs is, thus far, the one and only game I've 100%'d. The game isn't perfect, but it's certainly a ton of fun nonetheless.

Derrick01

Banned
So for the people who said yesterday that Borderlands 2 was being weird when that steam server message comes up, how did you get it to go away? I tried to play it again today and it still wouldn't start. Should I verify the cache? Redownload the whole game? Wait for Gearbox to put a new patch??

Sleeping Dogs is pretty great. I've played too much of it and now I sort of dislike it but that's my own fault. Anyone who likes open world games should have a blast with it. It's just so solid in every aspect.

So for the people who said yesterday that Borderlands 2 was being weird when that steam server message comes up, how did you get it to go away? I tried to play it again today and it still wouldn't start. Should I verify the cache? Redownload the whole game? Wait for Gearbox to put a new patch??

What message was that? I haven't had any problems with Borderlands 2 outside of .net trying to re-install each time I start the game, which I was able to take care of by getting the dist from Microsoft directly. I'll be playing it again tonight so I can look for the issue for ya.

Toki767

We haven't had a giveaway in a while (like a day?) so uh. Quote for Wizorb, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles, and Jamestown. Please try to not have any of the games yet :)

Yes! The game I wanted (Skyrim) to go on sale is on sale for $35. So, how is the mod scene for it? I only played the PS3 version and want to really experience this game finally now that I have a nice PC.

Now I am crossing my fingers for a Witcher 2 sale.

NIN90

We haven't had a giveaway in a while (like a day?) so uh. Quote for Wizorb, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles, and Jamestown. Please try to not have any of the games yet :)

I'd take a Wizorb.

Yes! The game I wanted (Skyrim) to go on sale is on sale for $35. So, how is the mod scene for it? I only played the PS3 version and want to really experience this game finally now that I have a nice PC.

You can get Skyrim for $10 at TRU in the US. Activates on Steam.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494074

What's the cheapest price a game can sell for on steam (other than f2p/mods)? I'm assuming $1 but then you can't drop it down in the sales because of transaction fees and all that.

Derrick01

Banned
What message was that? I haven't had any problems with Borderlands 2 outside of .net trying to re-install each time I start the game, which I was able to take care of by getting the dist from Microsoft directly. I'll be playing it again tonight so I can look for the issue for ya.

After patches now steam does this completing installation thing the next time I start the game and normally there's no problem but yesterday after the BL2 patch it gave some message like the servers are too busy to handle the request and I can't play the game at all. I thought it was a Steam problem but people said that it's a common BL2 error.

After patches now steam does this completing installation thing the next time I start the game and normally there's no problem but yesterday after the BL2 patch it gave some message like the servers are too busy to handle the request and I can't play the game at all. I thought it was a Steam problem but people said that it's a common BL2 error.

hmm yeah I didn't get that after the patch. There seems to be a daily patch for the game though. Honestly I'd do the normal of verifying cache and what not.

It's really worth it , don't deny yourself one of the best games of 2012 :

iWpkspOBezPer.gif

Although I am Sleeping Dogs fanatic, but so is half of GAF, oh and Monkeythumbz was awesome for giving me this signed artist film poster of the game:

Scripted animations are a really convincing argument.

Sanjay

A good half of them I haven't even seen FUUUUUUUUUUUUU and I've beat the game, fucking a masterpiece of science and effort behind Sleeping Dogs.

zkylon

zkylewd
I really want Sleeping Dogs, but with Dishonored next week and then Amazon billing my Project Eternity pledge, I'm gonna be too damn broke...

Sober

I really want Sleeping Dogs, but with Dishonored next week and then Amazon billing my Project Eternity pledge, I'm gonna be too damn broke...
Yeah, trying to keep it cheap, December is on its way. Already gonna skip on X-COM and just pretty much getting Dishonored and waiting for Project Eternity to take my money.

But in light of that, I would definitely pay UFG/Squeenix for a Sleeping Dogs poster like RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

xJavonta

Banned
ok here's some proof

buy it for you and your loved ones

Played the demo, liked it. Although when I looked at the resolution settings, it didnt' have my native res (1440x900), but it went all the way up to 1650x1050. It didn't seem to change my monitors native res though, really odd.

Salsa

Played the demo, liked it. Although when I looked at the resolution settings, it didnt' have my native res (1440x900), but it went all the way up to 1650x1050. It didn't seem to change my monitors native res though, really odd.

weird. Specially considering im playing on a TV with a somewhat-weird res (1360x768, instead of the more common 1366x768) and it auto-detected it right away

no signs of working it out through some config file?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Posted in the Torchlight 2 OT but anyone looking for a copy of Torchlight 2 for $15? Friend has an extra copy from a four pack.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
the odd thing is that we're not playing Borderlands 2 you bastard
But making you wait and suffer is sooo much fun :)

Bloody hell! Why won't Amazon accept PayPal!? I signed up just for this. Oh well, maybe Steam's Winter Sale.
Use the cc directly? Amazon doesn't even do address verification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom