• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
So, GamersGate also has an Elder Scrolls week, where at least Morrowind and Oblivion get real discounts.

I'm not sure what the prices are in $, but since the prices in € were very low even before the sale, Morrowind GOTY is 2.87€ and Oblivion GOTY is 4.89€. I had the IGN 15% discount so I just got both for 6.60€.

They decide currency by IP and store it in cookies in my experience. I don't even have an address stored there and pay by PayPal, so a proxy might work.

Where do you live? Here Morrowind is 8€ and Oblivion 10.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not sure how Hitman will turn out, but ACIII should be amazing. The AC ports actually aren't as bad as people say, though Brotherhood did have more stuttering when compared to ACII.

The buggered LOD system in AC2 knocks off more than a few points, as far as I'm concerned. It does run well, and on the rare occasion even manages to look nice, though.

zkylon

zkylewd
Not sure how Hitman will turn out, but ACIII should be amazing. The AC ports actually aren't as bad as people say, though Brotherhood did have more stuttering when compared to ACII.
I'm not too high on ACIII but I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised.

I still won't be touching Skyrim until it gets the full version.

Ahh interesting, didn't know Tetris had that copyright struggle. Hilariously enough, the Russian inventor of the game probably didn't get credit.

The Russian inventor is one of the co-founders of The Tetris Company. He only did not get credit when the game was distributed by the Soviet government.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For those interested in Skyrim and/or Dawnguard, GMG currently has a sale on both. Using the -25% code GMG25-EVFWS-4Z4ZN, the former can be brought down to $27 and the latter $11.25.

SamVimes

Do i need to change the Steam language to be able to play Portal 2 in Italian? I'd rather keep it in English but my sister wanted to try the game. In properties i only get English, German, Spanish, Russian and French.

EDIT: Nevermind, you just need to open the console and type cc_lang "italian"

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
How is the PC port of Alpha Protocol anyway?

It's the best version of the game, but it's a pretty barebones port. Visual customization options are basic and it doesn't look particularly good even on the highest settings. But it has native pad support, it should run at 60FPS on anything and it's an awesome game so go for it.

Nabs

I heard they tweaked the kb/m to make it more playable with a patch. Give both a shot, you can try it on the fly.

Now that a couple of posters are going to download Alpha Protocol I think I'll do it too as soon as I finish Mass Effect 2
Origin version *gasp*
I've been wanting to play it since I got it when it was only 2€, but there was always something else, no excuses now!

So, GamersGate also has an Elder Scrolls week, where at least Morrowind and Oblivion get real discounts.

I'm not sure what the prices are in $, but since the prices in € were very low even before the sale, Morrowind GOTY is 2.87€ and Oblivion GOTY is 4.89€. I had the IGN 15% discount so I just got both for 6.60€.

They decide currency by IP and store it in cookies in my experience. I don't even have an address stored there and pay by PayPal, so a proxy might work.

Daaamn. Where do you live? I'm from Spain and what I'm getting is that Morrowind is 7.98€ and Oblivion is 9.98€ :(

Now that a couple of posters are going to download Alpha Protocol I think I'll do it too as soon as I finish Mass Effect 2
Origin version *gasp*
I've been wanting to play it since I got it when it was only 2€, but there was always something else, no excuses now!

Daaamn. Where do you live? I'm from Spain and what I'm getting is that Morrowind is 7.98€ and Oblivion is 9.98€ :(

Germany. Huh, that is weird, I get this.
JdqpN.png

bigace33

Serviceable if you play with a controller.

Nah, I played just fine with a KB/M and I'm more of a controller for everything kind of guy. Actually, the keyboard makes the mini games almost too easy. I think KB/M is the best way to go for this game even if you have a 360 controller.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Nah, I played just fine with a KB/M and I'm more of a controller for everything kind of guy. Actually, the keyboard makes the mini games almost too easy. I think KB/M is the best way to go for this game even if you have a 360 controller.
There is zero benefit to using MKB in the game and one of the hacking games is pretty much broken with it.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Has anyone outside of the US gone for the deal on Sleeping Dogs and successfully activated the game on Steam? I remember buying Mafia 2 on Amazon, only for Steam to say the game wasn't available in my region...luckily that only cost me $5.

I'd be grateful for confirmation.

I'm sure at least one non-US GAFer has purchased Sleeping Dogs at the discounted price. Hopefully he/she confirms, before the code expires, whether or not the keys are region-locked.

I did, no problem activating the game at all :)

1-D_FTW

There is zero benefit to using MKB in the game and one of the hacking games is pretty much broken with it.

I need to get back to this game. I originally tried playing with the M/K and think I originally cracked the mystery of how to control the hacking, but maybe I didn't get far enough to see the really broken ones. Guess I'll use the 360 pad next time. I can't even imagine my reaction if they get even worse than the initial ones.

Is it just me or does Hitman have the least hype on GAF out of those 4 big releases (ACIII, Hitman, XCOM, Dishonored)?

I know GAF hype is no indicator but I hope it does well :/

Nabs

I wonder if Amazon will match the Darksiders 2 deal. You would probably be able to drop that 25% off code on top of it.

Is it just me or does Hitman have the least hype on GAF out of those 4 big releases (ACIII, Hitman, XCOM, Dishonored)?

Hitman is out in November, everything else is out in October (except PC ACII because lol ubisoft.)

DukeBobby

Well, Hitman is out a month later than the other games mentioned. I'm sure it will get plenty of GAF hype nearer its release date. Whether or not it does well is another thing entirely. In my opinion, releasing it in November is a huge mistake.

1-D_FTW

Yeah ouch, must not have sold well.

Anyone know if they fixed all those PC problems like no configurable settings and bad kb/m controls?

It didn't. Although it did sell better than Sleeping Dogs. Darksiders was #1 in the NPD last month (August) at 247,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom