• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tess3ract

Banned
Strangers Wrath Hd (5$ minimum)
X-Blades
Tropico 3 (5$ minimum)
Neo Scavenger
Kings Bounty The Legend

I want SW but I already have tropico 3 and KBL :(

MDSLKTR

Just in case there weren't enough deals already

LEGEND OF GRIMROCK 50% OFF - $7.49 through the Humble Store DRM Free + Steam Key
http://www.grimrock.net/store/

The Dungeon Editor was just released.

BUY THIS GODDAMN GAME.
22331kizdt.gif

I second this. Playing trough this now and it's amazing (and i'm a total noob to the genre).

Going by the directions, I don't know if they mean "main menu" as the one that comes up after logging in or the one where it asks you to log in. I've never tried playing it offline before.

I was actually going to reinstall it today and play it again so if you want I can try that method out and report back. It probably won't be until later tonight, though.
yes i would like that,just send me a pm.

MNC

MY MOTHERFUCKING BLOOD PRESSURE

FUCK YOU DEAD SPACE 2 ZEALOT DIFFICULTY FUCK YOU

WHERE DO THESE ENEMIES KEEP COMING FROM

FUCK YOU ISHIMURA. Why do you have fucking closet respawning enemies. I hate this. I'm raging hard. I had to close down because this is just cheapskate.

Salsa

FUCK YOU ISHIMURA. Why do you have fucking closet respawning enemies. I hate this. I'm raging hard. I had to close down because this is just cheapskate.

stop playing that god awful abortion of a game

Ledsen

On the way back from where you are, I had to stop playing for two weeks because you get nearly no ammo during that section and I was almost out in a small room where I had to kill all the enemies to proceed... in the end I had to look on Youtube for a cheese method that let me skip some enemies. Zealot is no fucking joke. Never was able to kill the final boss without lowering to Easy either.

edit: and yeah the game wasn't very good either, a tired rehash of the first IMO.

That level was the turning point in the Dead Space 2 experience. Up until then, the game had nice, varied levels that stood out aesthetically and in terms of gameplay. Who can forget the alarm clock in
the nursery or the deserted shopping district or the section outside the ship? The Ishimura is where it went downhill... you spend the first half walking through this creepy ship from the first game (which was a neat touch) and then the second half is one long, straight, never ending monster crunching corridor. That was the point where the game threw away any pretense at being a survival horror experience and turned into an out and out action game, unfortunately.

Ledsen

That level was the turning point in the Dead Space 2 experience. Up until then, the game had nice, varied levels that stood out aesthetically and in terms of gameplay. Who can forget the alarm clock in
the nursery or the deserted shopping district or the section outside the ship? The Ishimura is where it went downhil... you spend the first half walking through this creepy ship from the first game (which was a neat touch) and then the second half is one long, straight, never ending monster crunching corridor. That was the point where the game threw away any pretense at being a survival horror experience and turned into an out and out action game, unfortunately.

Indeed. It was like a shooting gallery for the rest of the game. And fast-paced, multi-enemy combat is NOT something DS excels at... so god damned tedious.

MNC

I like the gameplay when it's not fucking my tight piece of ballskin. And I bought it and I will finish it. It's still Dead Space and Dead Space is cool. And indeed, the nursery, shopping district and alot of things were really nice and varied. It had these little quirks (silly horror like the sun popping out in the nursery) and the zero gravity bits are fun-disorienting. Plus some huge locations look great. But goddamn
the ishimura.
. Just when I think I have a short safe zone, the enemies keep respawning. Seriously don't feel like going back for now.

I don't know yall, I played it on the hardest difficulty and had a rediculous blast doing so, especially once you get to that part, which is my favorite level in the game.

Literally everything would kill you and you never have any ammo, quick turns, strategy, and lucky stomps lol.

Of course I don't think I'll ever go back to that game.

Nabs

It looks like Steam updated the cloud save conflict dialog to include the exact time both saves were made. I remember reading some complaints around the TL2 launch.

Zomba13

What's up with Darksiders II being 64% already? Didn't that just recently come out?

Really can't say no to it for £12.49

Any of the DLC worth it? That Argul's tomb sounds kinda cool what with 2 additional dungeons.

VALIS

what's the "best short game to play and come back again and again" on Steam?

Games I usually have installed at any time and play once a month:

Bejeweled 3
Blur
Burnout Paradise
Defense Grid
Fairway Solitaire (delisted)
Geometry Wars
Orcs Must Die
Outrun 2006 (delisted)
Plants v. Zombies
Super Meat Boy

Came up empty handed for Skyrim for $10 at TRU. Glad I got home now and was able to purchase Skyrim from Steam for $35. Had exactly 30 mins left. If I had stopped for Thai food I would have missed out. Now to mod the shit out of this! Stuff like this is why I got a gaming PC. I am not the biggest fan of the combat in the game from my few hours from the PS3 version, but exploring the world is so relaxing I don't care. I can't even imagine how nice it will look when I get around to playing it later this weekend.

Grief.exe

I'm just posting this here since I can't make a thread, see the end of the post, and I'm just trying to let people know how they can get a free game before the offer expires.

Unfortunately I can't take advantage of this since my old Nexus broke and the pre paid card went with it, I called the number listed in the post and they are going to send me a check. But I won't be able to use that for 30-60 days. Enjoy your free game! I'm a super poor college student and really wanted FTL, I'll have to wait a little while until Google mails me a check

Just letting anyone who are interested know, if you got an Android phone recently and signed up for Google Wallet you got a free $10 dollars.

You have to use that $10 before October 17th or else it disappears. Just so happens that if you go to www.ftlgame.com/ they allow you to pay with Google Wallet and the game is $10. I was always trying to find a use for the free money.

This method works for any humble store game apparently so FTL, Legend of Grimrock (on sale for $7.50 right now), Awesomenauts, Trine 2, Bit.Trip, Botanacula, and a lot more.

They stopped giving out new cards as of September 17th, and if you updated the app after that date your card will disappear entirely. Unfortunately, I can't take advantage of this since my old Nexus broke and the pre-paid card is attached to the phone. If you are in a similar situation, or if you updated the app and the card disappeared, then call this number 8558960693 and they will send you a check.

Seems like a legitimate way to get a free game, I can't personally make a thread so if anyone wants to start one they should so we could get the word out. Don't know how many people this will affect but if you activated an Android phone anytime in the last year and a half you should have the $10.

PaulLFC

Games I usually have installed at any time and play once a month:

Bejeweled 3
Blur
Burnout Paradise
Defense Grid
Fairway Solitaire (delisted)
Geometry Wars
Orcs Must Die
Outrun 2006 (delisted)
Plants v. Zombies
Super Meat Boy
This was on Steam?! I love the iPad version, wish I'd known about it on Steam before it got taken down :(

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill

Binding of Isaac. It's the perfect mix of roguelike and dual joystick shooter with a bit of RPG elements. I've got 80+ hours in it, just from playing a game here or there. Even after unlocking most of the stuff, I still find myself turning it on every once in a while just to see how far I can get.

KarmaCow

What do you consider short? Binding of Isaac is a great game to come back to every so often but a session can last a while depending on how thorough you are in searching levels.

Blizzard

Banned
My answers might be weird, but I'd say Plants vs Zombies, Mirror's Edge, FTL (as long as you don't play any of them SO much that you get burned out).

Magic the Gathering.
I'm actually curious about this. I play M:TG for the first time in real life a week ago...can you have fun against other players with the Steam versions if you don't buy the expansion decks? I see there are already two different annual versions, but I just want to know if I can buy the latest 2013 version or whatever, ignore purchasing any DLC decks, and still have a chance of winning against internet people. And of course I'd also like to know if anyone PLAYS it or if the community is dead. :p

Dustforce for me.

image.php

I actually just started this guy up, really expecting to love it (seems like my style of game). But I'm actually having trouble getting into it just a few levels in. It looks and sounds great, but the controls just feel a bit unnatural. Like the distance needed to a wall / ceiling to wall run is a bit to wide and I keep sticking and unsticking from walls when I don't expect to. Might just take a bit more adjustment, but it's really not clicking for me yet.

ShaneB

Anyone from EU wanna buy Darksiders II for me and I'll PayPal you 20 space bucks?

I asked this earlier and no one replied :(

it's 24.99€ here

Wait, what?

What's up with Darksiders II being 64% already? Didn't that just recently come out?

Really can't say no to it for £12.49

Any of the DLC worth it? That Argul's tomb sounds kinda cool what with 2 additional dungeons.

Buh?? I'm so confused.

Whoever can buy it for 12.49 pounds I'll pay you! lol

Also, I can't connect to Steam. Yippee.

dani_dc

I asked this earlier and no one replied :(

Wait, what?

Buh?? I'm so confused.

Whoever can buy it for 12.49 pounds I'll pay you! lol

Also, I can't connect to Steam. Yippee.

The game is 12.49 pounds in the UK and €24.99 for the rest of Europe.

I'm surprised they're doing a 50% sale so soon, I guess THQ is just that desesperated, plus they had some unrealistic sales goals for the game.

New Be-Mine Bundle will be on within the next 24 hours.

Strangers Wrath Hd (5$ minimum)
X-Blades
Tropico 3 (5$ minimum)
Neo Scavenger
Kings Bounty The Legend

Oh Nice, haven't gotten any of their bundles yet but I tihnk I'll pick this one up, don't have any of those games and I'm interested in various (including a morbid curiosity to play X-blades).

Another game off my backlog: Wolfenstein 2009. Cool 90s style FPS, BJ Blazkowicz is the best spy ever.

"Explore the caves"

*proceeds to shoot holes into everything*

sad he left Epic

In the last month or so since getting my new PC I've played and finished:

Assassin's Creed
Bastion
Binary Domain
Home
Max Payne
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
RAGE
Wolfenstein