• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJavonta

Banned
FTL!

Can you give us any clues as to what sort of games you enjoy though? Otherwise we're all just going to tell you games that we like, not knowing what small games you own or what genres you like. :)

FTL.

edit: damn, too slow!
Been eyeing this game for a little while, so I'll probably pick it up based on GAF recommendations and curiosity.

As for the type of games I like, I pretty much enjoy all types of games. However I've been on an RPG kick lately (both Western and Japanese).

Space Pirates and Zombies

The biggest indie gem you will find.
I actually have this, I just haven't started it up for whatever reason. I'll give it a shot!

Thanks everyone!

MRORANGE

GYtN5.jpg

booyah

damn.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Still can't believe you did it XD

That happens in Uruguay too? Fuck, I thought you guys were much better than us.
Well, generally we are better off in tech stuff, but not in pc hardware, weirdly enough. I remember cell phones and TVs being notably more expensive in Argentina, yet pc parts cost a lot less there.
There is one thing that is pretty cool now, is that a new decree allows imports of stuff just a bit under $200, so some things will be easier and cheaper to get, like SSDs

Salsa

There is one thing that is pretty cool now, is that a new decree allows imports of stuff just a bit under $200, so some things will be easier and cheaper to get, like SSDs

I still dont trust that shit. Heard bad stories

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I still dont trust that shit. Heard bad stories
I ordered NINE PS3 games in one package, worth about 150 (and said so on the box). Got home with no issues :)
A workmate got a SSD the same way, no issues either.

Obviously, as long as you use a private courier...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Well, generally we are better off in tech stuff, but not in pc hardware, weirdly enough. I remember cell phones and TVs being notably more expensive in Argentina, yet pc parts cost a lot less there.
I don't know about PC parts, it's been 3 years since I last bought anything, except a 2 TB WD Caviar Green that I got for $184 a couple of months ago, so I'm pretty much outdated with pricing. But everything else is a steal, many stores are still charging $450 or more for a 160 GB PS3.

That decree is for importing without paying taxes? Here I think the limit is $300, but I wouldn't trust that at all. Knew about a guy who bought a Kindle (100 bucks) and was asked at customs to pay a 200% tax, just because. He complained, so the guy lowered it to 150%, but he told him he wasn't going to give money to a scammer, and left without the Kindle. Sadly those stories are not uncommon here, and now the government has put a 15% tax on purchases in foreign currency when using credit cards. That, coupled with the ever increasing amount of importing restrictions, is making the prices go higher and higher.

Tess3ract

Banned
Playing through The Witcher 2.

It is perfect.

Challenging combat with depth in augmentation and attack speed and range without circle strafing!? From Software is weeping at what they could have made.
Uhm.

King's Bounty once made it's debut on the third island in the region of Tropico.

Echoplx

For anyone else with Chronicles of Riddick, does steam still say you're in game even after you exit it? It's not in task manager or anything although I have noticed the the 'in game overlay' exe keeps closing and opening for no reason.

Decado

Playing through The Witcher 2.

It is perfect.

Challenging combat with depth in augmentation and attack speed and range without circle strafing!? From Software is weeping at what they could have made.

Did they ever implement skin/model damage in TW2? That was one of my favourite things about the first game. Was so nice not to use health bars and whatnot...you could tell how close an enemy was to death by how fucked up they looked. lol

vidcons

Banned
Did they ever implement skin/model damage in TW2? That was one of my favourite things about the first game. Was so nice not to use health bars and whatnot...you could tell how close an enemy was to death by how fucked up they looked. lol

No idea, I'm rarely looking at any enemy specifically.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm having an issue where none of my games are updating. It just stays in updating and no progress is made to download anything.

celebi23

With the THQ weekend sale, I was thinking about buying:
Homefront + Prima Guide pack - $17.99
Homefront - The Rock Map Pack - $2.49
Homefront - Express 870 Shotgun DLC - $0.49
Homefront Fire Sale Map Pack - $1.49
All of that is only $21.96. My question is this: is Homefront any fun? The premise always seemed interesting to me. Turns out it runs pretty decently in Wine as well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

About damn time. What are you going to do with your 560Ti? I relegated my 570 to PhysX until I can be bothered to flog it off on eBay and purchase another 670. I know the usefulness of having a dedicated card varies game to game, with performance improvements being largely miniscule, but since I had it laying around, I figured, "Why not?"

With the THQ weekend sale, I was thinking about buying:
Homefront + Prima Guide pack - $17.99
Homefront - The Rock Map Pack - $2.49
Homefront - Express 870 Shotgun DLC - $0.49
Homefront Fire Sale Map Pack - $1.49
All of that is only $21.96. My question is this: is Homefront any fun? The premise always seemed interesting to me. Turns out it runs pretty decently in Wine as well.

No. Just no.

Salsa

About damn time. What are you going to do with your 560Ti? I relegated my 570 to PhysX until I can be bothered to flog it off on eBay and purchase another 670. I know the usefulness of having a dedicated card varies game to game, with performance improvements being largely miniscule, but since I had it laying around, I figured, "Why not?"

selling it, fan broken and I dont feel like fixing it. Physx aint worth the hassle

My question is this: is Homefront any fun? The premise always seemed interesting to me. Turns out it runs pretty decently in Wine as well.

Nope, not worth it. It's only 3 hours long and at the end you'll wonder why they shipped only one third of a campaign. If you must have it, wait for a 5$ sale on the base game and forget about the DLC altogether.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
also that shit would get hot and loud. Im way too touchy about that stuff

cant believe you're dealing with the ref 670's loudness :p

I also bought a couple of 120mm fans for the side of my case to combat the heat -- under full load, the 670, which I've overclocked (+106MHz on the core clocks and +100MHz (200MHz effective) on the memory), doesn't even hit 60 degrees. And the noise doesn't bother me as I prefer headphones to speakers (and it isn't annoyingly high, anyway).

Salsa

I also bought a couple of 120mm fans for the side of my case to combat the heat -- under full load, the 670 doesn't even hit 60 degrees. And the noise doesn't bother me as I prefer headphones to speakers (and the noise level isn't annoyingly high, anyway).

I really to get some better airflow in my case..

GTX 670 is like $600 here in Chile.

Expensive as fuck, but It's probably the cheapest price in the region.

Edit: Actually, I just found out you can get it for $562.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom