• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Nothing that interests me to buy it day one. My games for Q4 have already been decided!

Pretty sure there's also going to be a lot of smaller stuff that only pops up closer to release.

Deadlight, Sine Mora, Sonic Adventure 2, Nights, the new Giana Sisters, Hotline Miami, Retro City Rampage, etc.

1-D_FTW

I really to get some better airflow in my case..

Even so, you're simply transferring the heat out into the room. So if you're in a warm climate, extra case fans don't really make any difference on that part.

That's the reason I've never used an old Nvidia card for a dedicated physics card. My old GTX 460 would have been an 160 watt physics card. 160 watts of extra exhaust heat for that? PASS.

Of all the big releases that are still coming this year the only ones I'm mildly interested in are Far Cry 3 and Dishonored. And so far, not "Day 1" intersted. Reviews and impressions for Dishonored on sunday will be interesting.

More money for the Winter Sale I guess.

allansm

Of all the big releases that are still coming this year the only ones I'm mildly interested in are Far Cry 3 and Dishonored. And so far, not "Day 1" intersted. Reviews and impressions for Dishonored on sunday will be interesting.

More money for the Winter Sale I guess.

I'm thinking on buying Dishonored, but after reading about the lenght of the game on the OT, I'll wait for reviews from reliable sources. A few indie games I will probably buy on release, I'm intending to buy Mark of the Ninja and Deadlight as soon as they are released on steam. Sine Mora looks interesting, so if I don't end up buying a lot of games during sales until its release, I'll get it too.

K' Dash

I bought Darksiders 2 yesterday with that Amazon sale, but does anyone know why when I try to apply SSAA from the CCC everything just dissapears?

I'm using a 7850, any tips would be appreciated.

Why can't I select multiple games to add to categories? This takes forever especially since it jumps to the top every time and I have to scroll back down for each game. Fuck you Gabe. This is amateur stuff.

Why can't I select multiple games to add to categories? This takes forever especially since it jumps to the top every time and I have to scroll back down for each game. Fuck you Gabe. This is amateur stuff.

I just stopped using categories because they're so cumbersome to set up and maintain. They should really improve on that. Something like a folder system with drag & drop, stored in the cloud.

The way it is now I just use the "Installed" setting and hide everything else.

Smash88

Banned
Well shit son. Since people are paying hard.

I got this Dirt Showdown worth 50$, Xblades. 20$, Torchlight 15$. Dirt 3, 20$, Humble Indie bundle games, like 300$ worth. And all that can be yours for your just your one sixty dollar game.

/End Dirt 3 Prison Economy rant.

If you want it, I got an extra copy of Torchlight still. Its one, but its free. /shrug

I'll give you $3.50 for Showdown.

derFeef

Sleeping Dogs done. Excellente!
Now I need some story DLC as I don't really care about collecting everything, even if I love the city.

3 missions left in Hitman: Blood Money. This game is so fucking good.

Love how it encourages trial and error approaches, at least if you want to have a decent rating. That's why I've ended up with waaaay too much cash. I'm basically just upgrading the Silverballers and other equipment. No need for any other weapons.

If I hadn't pre-ordered Dishonored and XCOM, Absolution would have been mine.

szaromir

Banned
Why is Dawn of War 1 Gold Edition (the game with 1 add-on) €3,74 and DOW1 Platinum Edition (the game with both add-ons) €2,49?

Blizzard

Banned
Why is Dawn of War 1 Gold Edition (the game with 1 add-on) €3,74 and DOW1 Platinum Edition (the game with both add-ons) €2,49?
World in Conflict: Soviet Assault is $20 USD, and the pack that includes both the original and the expansion is $10 USD. Don't ask me why.

Weird pricing in Europe. 2,49€ is really cheap for the Platinum Edition, but when buying it in Germany it's only in German. WTF.

EDIT: Thanks to Polk for helping me out.

Megasoum

Banned
Wait...ok I think I'll rephrase that lol (sorry for my poor english)... I meant that we all know how good GMG is and yet we still see people asking if it's a scam or not. So it's not true that even if I have to ask for the other website that it is automatically a scam. Clearer like that?

Believe me, I LOVE GMG. I bought BL2 + Season Pass, plus BF3 Premium, Pre-ordered Sim City, bought Darksiders 2, Alan Wake, etc etc... I've been mostly buying all my pc games from them for over a year now.

Wait...ok I think I'll rephrase that lol (sorry for my poor english)... I meant that we all know how good GMG is and yet we still see people asking if it's a scam or not. So it's not true that even if I have to ask for the other website that it is automatically a scam. Clearer like that?

Believe me, I LOVE GMG. I bought BL2 + Season Pass, plus BF3 Premium, Pre-ordered Sim City, bought Darksiders 2, Alan Wake, etc etc... I've been mostly buying all my pc games from them for over a year now.
If you find a key selling site that has everything for 50% cheaper than anyone else you should ask yourself why that is. It also says directly on the product pages that they sell RU keys.

Sleeping Dogs done. Excellente!
Now I need some story DLC as I don't really care about collecting everything, even if I love the city.

Just finished it also, great game! I was trying to collect everything then I stopped some weeks ago. Today I resolved just to play the story missions. I will absolutely buy the Story DLC.

Derrick01

Banned
So all of a sudden malwarebytes picked up some stuff in steam. Problem being is even after I take care of it and uninstall/reinstall steam they keep getting picked up. Anyone know what these files in steam do?

\Steam\avutil-51.dll (Trojan.Fakesig)

\Steam\bin\avutil-51.dll (Trojan.Fakesig)

I had the same kind of virus get picked up in my Old Republic client but that hasn't come up again after I removed ToR. It was only the 100mb client I had for when the game goes F2P.

So all of a sudden malwarebytes picked up some stuff in steam. Problem being is even after I take care of it and uninstall/reinstall steam they keep getting picked up. Anyone know what these files in steam do?

\Steam\avutil-51.dll (Trojan.Fakesig)

\Steam\bin\avutil-51.dll (Trojan.Fakesig)

I had the same kind of virus get picked up in my Old Republic client but that hasn't come up again after I removed ToR. It was only the 100mb client I had for when the game goes F2P.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=33025716
Lots of people are reporting this. Looks like a false positive, but there's no official confirmation so far.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I have those files and get the same result today even though I scanned again very recently and didn't get that. One of the files seem to have been altered on the 4th of this month for me, what about you? The other one, in bin, seemingly hasn't though.

I guess it's the latest definitions causing it. Weird as I rarely if ever get false positives with this one.

I don't have real time protection so I have to do a full scan every time I want this lol, I do it semi often since the program's great.

Edit: maybe I spoke too soon, the scan wasn't done, I just assumed the 2 detections were those files, but now it's gone up to 4 detected objects, I don't imagine all of those will be in Steam. Maybe the latest definitions cause more false positives, or I'm infected with something nasty for real. Or both, of course, I occasionally catch some light stuff, or it could be bad cookies etc.

I hope so because it keeps coming back since every time I restart my computer Steam updates, I'm guessing because it needs those files, but that makes MB pick it up again.

Yeah you can't delete them, Steam will just redownload. I really doubt they are malicious, so you can just add en exception for the Steam folder to MB for now.

AlexBasch

Ugh, I can't find the Save Manager for PC games app anymore, their site is down for me. :/ Anyone knows where else could it be hosted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom