• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did they fix the PC version of Darksiders 2? Add more options and the like...

crazy-laughter.jpg

Answer is no btw :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
crazy-laughter.jpg

Answer is no btw :p

Well, it's better than it was. The game no longer crashes when navigating away from menus and some additional graphics options, such as AF and Vsync, were unmasked.

Edit: The game itself is still fairly buggy, though; for instance, this bastard of a bug has yet to be patched and, seeing as Vigil has known of it since August, probably never will be.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh hey, Nethergate Resurrection is on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/218020/

The graphics are incredibly dated, and the systems aren't too polished, but its an innovative little thing. It takes place in Roman occupied Britannia and features two completely different "games", as both the Roman and Celtic sides

Its not...great, but at five bucks its definitly interesting.

Firehead

Valve are looking for playtesters for unreleased games and their "hardware prototypes"
Steambox? :eek:
:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/announcement.php?f=1189 said:
We're looking for folks to come to Valve and playtest both released and unreleased versions of our games as well as play around with some of our hardware prototypes. If you have interest in stopping by (most sessions last around an hour), please fill out the survey below. We're looking for people local to the Seattle/Bellevue area, but you're welcome to fill out the survey no matter where you live as we may have plans for remote playtests in the future.

Thanks for your interest in helping us make better products!

Click here to take the Playtester survey

UPDATE:

We are looking to add international support in the future. For now though, playtesting will be US only.
http://www.valvesoftware.com/gamersurvey.php?action=survey

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Playtesting: The only way it'll be possible to play Half-Life 3 within our lifetime.

DTKT

Valve are looking for playtesters for unreleased games and their "hardware prototypes"
Steambox? :eek:
:

http://www.valvesoftware.com/gamersurvey.php?action=survey

I wonder how they are going to deal with NDAs. I mean, with the caliber of a studio like Valve and the types of things that might be playtested, a playtester is bound to leak something. It doesn't matter if you have the most legally-bounding NDA, it's just too exciting to keep a secret.

Exuro

Is the verification email suppose to be instant? Been about 2 minutes and I haven't recieved anything.

EDIT: Nevermind just got it.

Croc

Banned
So I guess no one saw in an earlier post I was giving away tropico 3 and king's bounty huh

Hahahah I actually noticed that post earlier but had no idea what you meant by it. Anyways, I already have King's Bounty but tried the Tropico key but it looks like someone already has that. So it looks like at least one person saw it!

Fantomex

Hey guys! I just got a PC this weekend. So I'm starting to build my gaming library having played consoles so long. I got borderlands 2 for free with tr MSI card I purchased but its not really my thing. Anyone willing to trade some steam games for it? Not really into Indy games but am definitely into RPGs like torchlight, witcher 2. If interested pm me. Don't mind sending my code first since I'm new :)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hey guys! I just got a PC this weekend. So I'm starting to build my gaming library having played consoles so long. I got borderlands 2 for free with tr MSI card I purchased but its not really my thing. Anyone willing to trade some steam games for it? Not really into Indy games but am definitely into RPGs like torchlight, witcher 2. If interested pm me. Don't mind sending my code first since I'm new :)

Are you looking to trade Borderlands 2 for just Torchlight 2? Because I'll make that trade.

Otherwise, you should consider looking into Borderlands 2 a little bit. It is kind of a similar game to Torchlight in a lot of ways, just in first person.

Fantomex

Are you looking to trade Borderlands 2 for just Torchlight 2? Because I'll make that trade.

Otherwise, you should consider looking into Borderlands 2 a little bit. It is kind of a similar game to Torchlight in a lot of ways, just in first person.

I guess I'm trying to see what I can get :) especially if people got that loot from all those Steam sales.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I guess I'm trying to see what I can get :) especially if people got that loot from all those Steam sales.

Yeah, you should totally wait to see if you can get a better offer. Borderlands 2 is hot right now.

If no one comes through though, I'll trade you Torchlight 2. I'll throw in Section 8 Prejudice and Day of Defeat: Source, too. But those are also FPS games, so I'm not sure if you'd be interested in those.

Fantomex

Yeah, you should totally wait to see if you can get a better offer. Borderlands 2 is hot right now.

If no one comes through though, I'll trade you Torchlight 2. I'll throw in Section 8 Prejudice and Day of Defeat: Source, too. But those are also FPS games, so I'm not sure if you'd be interested in those.

I will definitely hit you up if nothing comes through. The problem with me is that aside from halo, fps games make be a bit nauseous.
That's the main reason I'm looking for other genres :)

graywolf323

I have the following

Breath of Death VII
Cthulhu Saves the World
Darksiders
Jade Empire
Nuclear Dawn
Serious Sam Classic: First Encounter
Serious Sam Classic: Second Encounter
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Torchlight
Trine

I have the following

Breath of Death VII
Cthulhu Saves the World
Darksiders
Jade Empire
Nuclear Dawn
Torchlight
Trine

Damn I would love to get Jade Empire again. Loved it back on the Xbox.

I've only got Plants vs Zombies GOTY extra though.

Fantomex

I have the following

Breath of Death VII
Cthulhu Saves the World
Darksiders
Jade Empire
Nuclear Dawn
Torchlight
Trine

I got most those sides Serious Sam :(

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Well shit son. Since people are paying hard.

I got this Dirt Showdown worth 50$, Xblades. 20$, Torchlight 15$. Dirt 3, 20$, Humble Indie bundle games, like 300$ worth. And all that can be yours for your just your one sixty dollar game.

/End Dirt 3 Prison Economy rant.

If you want it, I got an extra copy of Torchlight still. Its one, but its free. /shrug

Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed, Retro City Rampage, Epic Mickey 2 (MAYBE), Far Cry 3, Nights into Dreams and everything Chanser said.

Quick question guys as I'm having trouble finding a relevant answer to this on the net:

I moved all my Steam games and account information from my laptop to an external hard drive. However, I also want to put the Steam games that are installed on my desktop PC that weren't on the laptop on the hard drive too. I use the same account for the laptop and PC. Is it as simple as copying the relevant files in the steamapps folder?

EDIT:
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom