• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Very odd that Curve is able to get Stealth Bastard on Steam and not Explodemon. I mean, I think Explodemon had some pretty serious issues with it, and I understand why they said no, but if Valve was willing to open a business relationship with Curve directly and without using Greenlight, it's surprising that it wouldn't include both.

Sober

I remember really loving this years ago. I'm not sure how it's held up but it was fun as turn based strategy/action game. Incase you're not aware you control the whole squad and move then in and out of cover or into position to provide suppressing fire while you flank the bad guys.
You know if it plays relatively okay with Windows 7?

Decado

Yeah, it really is. I've started a new playthrough this past week and I think I'm going to pre-order the sequel soon.

Are there any mods that improve the single player game? I finished it years ago but can only find my discs for the first expansion pack. I'm tempted to buy it again on steam if it automates the awful patching process and there are good mods to be had...

Salsa

Finished it yesterday, I was blown away. Never played anything like it before, it will definitely be in my top 10 GOTY.

Thinking the same. It had some problems in the execution of what it tried to do, but that alone was so fucking refreshing and actually interesting and engaging for once that it's a game I won't forget for a long time. Yager is on my radar now.

Edit: Also holy shit at 2k forcing multiplayer into it. Talk about ironic. Kinda missing the whole point there.

man I hope Amazon or Steam match the price for Spec Ops. It's been on my radar for a long time but I spent too much on games this year, nearing 500€ for games + 1100€ for my new PC...

Binabik15

So, I want to buy Darksiders 2.

I'm in Germany and it's 25€, but earlier in the thread somebody said it's 12,5 quid in the UK? Someone want to buy it for me and get paypal money? Otherwise I'll just get it.

Buy the sason pass yes/no?

PS: I fucking hate THQ, my free copy of Red Faction that came with Metro 2033 back when that launched didn't work and my DoW2 Gold pack key didn't work, either, and Steam didn't care since I imported it from England. Now I had to buy it again today. So I spend 15! € on TWO awesome games. Outrageous.

Finished spec ops in two sittings. That was pretty darn good

I thought the cover mechanics were a bit borked in that it wouldn't always do what I wanted it to, and I wish I could go around a corner without having to leave the cover first. On FUBAR difficulty that usually means getting your head shot off. Also would have liked the team mates to be a bit more autonomous as they were pretty useless unless you were directing them. Other than that, yeah, it was quite an experience.

raphier

Banned
Well well, new Steam Subscriber Agreement.

SECTION 12 CONTAINS A BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. IT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. PLEASE READ IT. IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, SOME OR ALL OF SECTION 12 MIGHT NOT APPLY TO YOU.

wats new?

Moobabe

Finished it yesterday, I was blown away. Never played anything like it before, it will definitely be in my top 10 GOTY.

I've been championing it on GAF for a while, people are put off by the generic look of it I think, but you're right; it's absolutely astounding.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well well, new Steam Subscriber Agreement.

SECTION 12 CONTAINS A BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. IT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. PLEASE READ IT. IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, SOME OR ALL OF SECTION 12 MIGHT NOT APPLY TO YOU.

wats new?

Not that. :p

Edit: The bigger issue, which gained traction because of the SSA update, is that declining an updated SSA revokes account access -- which, especially considering that Valve can now quickly and easily impose particular restrictions upon accounts, is utterly unacceptable. But there's a thread for that, too.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Uh yeah, the game originally interested me by looking beautiful. It doesn't seem generic at all. Now the name... that's a different matter. They should have given it a title that seems like more of a story.

It seems fairly short, though, so I'd try to pick it up for under $10. I don't have a problem with short games, but they often aren't made to replay well. Similarly, PoP Forgotten Sands was beautiful and short, and it's a fond memory but I'm glad I didn't spend a lot on it.
Someone got it for me, actually.

legacyzero

Banned
I posted this in the Amazon thread, but figure I'll bring it here too:

I bought the Batman Arkham pack. I already own AA. And I was wondering if anybody purchased that EA pack that had an extra code for Mercs 2 or Saboteur that would like to trade??

Otherwise, I'll just give it away for Free :p

Guiberu

I posted this in the Amazon thread, but figure I'll bring it here too:

I bought the Batman Arkham pack. I already own AA. And I was wondering if anybody purchased that EA pack that had an extra code for Mercs 2 or Saboteur that would like to trade??

Otherwise, I'll just give it away for Free :p

May I call dibs should you not find what you're after? :)

AIRic

I have a F.3.A.R Steam code to give. I bought it a few days ago and bought the amazon.com F.E.A.R bundle today for the first two games for the same price as the third alone :p

EDIT : Gone. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom