• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orayn

jIMQN.jpg

Not going to make this into its own thread, but this is a recent shot of Gaben at a childrens' charity. Dude's lost some weight.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
October 10th...

Making a thread for the RTTP btw, I think Valve deserve it.

(I hope rttp means return to the past)

The "P" generally stands for "Party". ;) But I suppose the distinction isn't important when you're "returning" -- the intent is clear.

(I hope rttp means return to the past)

It means Return To The Party, but I don't think anyone will complain about your definition (although you're basing it on the fifth anniversary of the Orange Box, so I wouldn't be too surprised if there's some Portal retrospective included in the thread).

Yeah, I should really get on that next time they're on sale. On the plus side, I shouldn't have to wait long between Episode 2 and 3.

I remember more parts from EP 1 than 2 and I played it years earlier than 2, strange. 2 felt better overall though.

I've really been itching to replay the entire Half Life 2 lately, I might do it!

Are there any mods that improve the single player game? I finished it years ago but can only find my discs for the first expansion pack. I'm tempted to buy it again on steam if it automates the awful patching process and there are good mods to be had...

I know there are mods out there but I've never used any, in all honesty. Maybe someone else can chime in with some recommendations.

I remember more parts from EP 1 than 2 and I played it years earlier than 2, strange. 2 felt better overall though.

I've really been itching to replay the entire Half Life 2 lately, I might do it!

I think i've done a run through of the half life series every year for the past four years...its almost that time again. I've never played HL2 +eps on PC

I think i've done a run through of the half life series every year for the past four years...its almost that time again. I've never played HL2 +eps on PC

Do it, your in for a treat. It feels better with your head 6 inches from the screen. Screw what your parents said, you won't go blind!

1-D_FTW

All I'ma say is Episode 1 > 2

No stupid 10 minute antlion fight

Also, I just liked a shorter, tighter retreading of City 17.

Right there with you. Episode 2 is my least favorite of all the mainline Half-Life releases. It's still great, but IMO doesn't have the usual pacing that makes HL great.

MRORANGE

Not going to make this into its own thread, but this is a recent shot of Gaben at a childrens' charity. Dude's lost some weight.

If you zoom into Gabe's hand and increase the contrast you can see the number 3 in his hand:

yBgRu.png

Clearly HL3 will be announced next week.

derFeef

Also if you flip it around it's an E, and there are three thumbs, so E3.
And it's 1 thumb but 3 hands, so 13. E3 13 clearly.

Why Gaben gotta be so sexy?

Gabe was at his heaviest during HL2 crunch, now we go so many years with no half-life and gabe is all slim and whatnot.

So the question here is:

Do you want more half-life? or sexy Gabe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom