• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can play X-COM just fine with a VPN but I can't play Dishonored because I have the Red Hot Chili Peppers version.

It unlocks on Friday at 7AM (local time). I'd prefer to be playing it now, but seeing as I'm still working my way through AssCreed 2, I don't particularly mind waiting.

:lol

short instructions on how to use spotflux to unlock either?

Fantomex

You guys with Dishonored have to tell me what the framerate is like. I was hoping this game wouldnt get me sick like other FPS.

Derrick01

Banned
You guys with Dishonored have to tell me what the framerate is like. I was hoping this game wouldnt get me sick like other FPS.

As with all games it's dependent on your PC. It's UE3 and incredibly easy to max out at 1080p/60fps though. I'm doing it with a mediocre GTX 470. You can bump up the FOV to 85 in the game's settings to help with the nausea and even higher if you want to fiddle with config files outside of the game.

Fantomex

As with all games it's dependent on your PC. It's UE3 and incredibly easy to max out at 1080p/60fps though. I'm doing it with a mediocre GTX 470. You can bump up the FOV to 85 in the game's settings to help with the nausea and even higher if you want to fiddle with config files outside of the game.

There's a performance thread where people talk about that. Specifically for Dishonored, I mean.

I have a 660 Ti so I'm sure it will help. Will def check out the thread thanks.

Lime

How's Risen 2? I remember people like Dennis hyping the shit out of it for some reason, but I never got why.

Blizzard

Banned
There's a sub in the registry with a bunch of titles. Serious Sam 3, Trine 2, CKII and a bunch more.
Awesome.

Also I'm really not sure why I never bought Blocks That Matter...maybe I tried a demo and wasn't impressed once upon a time, but it looks cute and polished in the Steam store video. I'll have to grab it today.

ArjanN

The still officially unannounced PC version of Viking: Battle for Asgard just got updated in the steam registry with an "early access" entry, so I'm guessing that will probably be out soon.

:)

Rufus

How's Risen 2? I remember people like Dennis hyping the shit out of it for some reason, but I never got why.
It's the spiritual successor to Gothic, a cult RPG series from Germany. It has its quirks, but it has 'charm'/the individual parts aren't as solid, but add up to something more, etc.
I'm too lazy to type it out in great detail, but: Open world, no level-scaling, action-oriented combat (maybe clunky but predictably so and, I find, quite rewarding), go anywhere (get yourself killed, go somewhere else), factions that you can join, joking tone, etc. A leaner, smaller scale third person Elder Scrolls with more involved combat. Something like that. Similar to Two Worlds and Divinity 2.

Oh, and this one's about pirates. The first Risen is not, so it automatically loses out. Still a neat game.

Kade

I hope it's just a glitch or something but there's no good reason for X-COM: Enemy Unknown placing 60 out of a 100 in the top sellers list.

Toki767

Aaron

The still officially unannounced PC version of Viking: Battle for Asgard just got updated in the steam registry with an "early access" entry, so I'm guessing that will probably be out soon.

:)
That's such a strange blast from the past. Great game though.

Wok

Not Steam related but did anyone saw The Humble eBook Bundle?

It was mentioned in the bundle thread.

ijmkG.jpg

Lime

It's the spiritual successor to Gothic, a cult RPG series from Germany. It has its quirks, but it has 'charm'/the individual parts aren't as solid, but add up to something more, etc.
I'm too lazy to type it out in great detail, but: Open world, no level-scaling, action-oriented combat (maybe clunky but predictably so and, I find, quite rewarding), go anywhere (get yourself killed, go somewhere else), factions that you can join, joking tone, etc. A leaner, smaller scale third person Elder Scrolls with more involved combat. Something like that. Similar to Two Worlds and Divinity 2.

Oh, and this one's about pirates. The first Risen is not, so it automatically loses out. Still a neat game.

Thanks for the information.

Fitz

Just snagged a beta key, will try it out later on tonight. How is the combat, is it at all similar to Mount and Blade?

Salsa

apparently GG decided to give me the two keys today instead of the european release date (as usual)

ibfiKu9B6qLrqC.PNG

hooray!

XCOM will still unlock on the 12th, but im playing dat Dishonored tonight

Not Steam related but did anyone saw The Humble eBook Bundle?

Includes:

- Pirate Cinema
- Pump Six
- Zoo City
- Stranger Things Happen
- Magic For Beginners
- Invasion: The Secret World Chronicles
- John Scalzi's Old Man's War (BTA)
- Neil Gaiman's Signal to Noise (BTA)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UiEcVIGlDYU

http://www.humblebundle.com/

This model really is applicable to so many forms of media, glad to see it expanded to benefit authors as well. Almost feels like a new age of the e-entrepreneur.

Firebrand

Speaking of Iron Brigade, there's apparantely a patch that has passed MS cert and is now waiting to "be signed". Hopefully that fixes the stutter bug, kinda crappy it has taken them this long to sort it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom