• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like DirtNet has been shutdown, at least for Dirt 2. It hasn't been working for a few days. I just found this online:

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning DiRT 2.

Unfortunately due to the age of the game, DirtNet is no longer available for Dirt 2. You will, however, still be able to play the game online using the Xbox Live service.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused

Kind regards

Rob

Codemasters Customer Services

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/t/347667.aspx

I don't know if this affects any other games. Dirt 2 rocks btw.

Im_Special

Guys I just noticed, is this bad, am I going to die, should I feed it pizza?

ZvSaw.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
BTW, I just used steam's remote download the other day... and I was amazed. I had bought dishonored, and started to download... but had to pause it since it was sucking up bandwidth. I left the house forgetting to unpause it. Was able to log onto the website on my phone while at the theaters, and tell my computer to unpause. Freaking awesome.

I actually got two beta keys for Chivalry from curse.com for some reason, so if you want it, quote this and post something medieval and I'll PM it to you.
EDIT: kami_sama got it.

What's DirtNet exactly?

It was Codemasters online community service. It tracked everyone's progress and had some nice features like weekly tournaments. No extra account required at least for Dirt 2 and 3.

Their newer games use Racenet. It tracks your progress across all platforms (Steam, XBL and PSN) and requires an extra account. It's optional so you don't have to use it if you don't want to.

Sanic

I would love to get Xcom, seeing as i'm in a strategy kind of mood, but can't really bring myself to buy it since i've purchased 4-5 games across various platforms over the past few weeks and have yet to really dig into any of them.

So, my solution is to install Europa Universalis III. Wish me luck!

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
PixelJunk Eden + OST up for grabs. First person to quote gets it.

jediyoshi

Are betas on Steam generally not removed when the beta is over? I still have Awesomenauts beta in my library which is totally useless and that makes me hesistant to try Chivalry.

They retain the beta entry in the library to allow you to uninstall it manually, Steam won't do it itself, that's why it'd still be there. Obviously if a beta is over there's no reason to hold onto the old data.

They retain the beta entry in the library to allow you to uninstall it manually, Steam won't do it itself, that's why it'd still be there. Obviously if a beta is over there's no reason to hold onto the old data.

Once I uninstall it the entry should disappear though right? Well, I guess Awesomenauts just did it differently.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
PixelJunk Eden + OST up for grabs. First person to quote gets it.
You just made me remember I have to give that game another chance. Last time I played I couldn't get into it, but then a GAFfer explained the mechanics to me (which I already forgot).

J-Tier

Double Fine was giving away free codes on twitter. A shame it's one of those giveaways that have a ? replacing one of the letters/numbers as steam locks out a certain amount of tries for trying to get codes.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Valve really needs to better inform the Steam community when they're going down. I'm getting kinda tired of cancelled Dota games because of maintenance I knew nothing about.

A status update link on the front store page would be sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom