• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBear

The missus is sick of trying to pick games for me and wants to give me a gift card or something for Steam games. Is this possible?

TheBear

Maybe it'll just be easier if she gives me the cash herself. I thought you could gift money to the wallet or something but I guess not?

bigace33

Bestbuy has steam cards? I thought they were exclusively sold at Gamestop.

Just saw them today. I was in Bestbuy trying to do the Toys r us matching sales trick. (Nearly had Diablo 3 digital version for $9.99 but the manager didn't approve it.) I saw Steam cards in $20, $50, and $100 iterations. I guess it's not in every city yet. This was in Maryland.

Blizzard

Banned
Remember how I said I wasn't sure why I hadn't picked up Blocks that Matter? I got home and found I already owned it, so much for that attempt at spending money.

bigace33

I wonder if you get an actual card or a code on a receipt like Gamestop.

Probably a receipt because my local Gamestop has the same cards on display in $20 and $50 dollar iterations, yet they give you the code on your receipt. I haven't been in a Bestbuy in so long that I didn't find it strange to see steam cards. I suspect it's only a matter of time before grocery stores and the local 7-11 starts carrying them.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Does Best Buy let you roll gift cards into other gift cards? Some stores have weird rules against that.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Anyone want an Airmech key?

KOGzD.jpg

jediyoshi

To anyone who has played it - how is AirMech? I already have a huge backlog but I'm tempted to get it 'cause I love mechs to death.

I wouldn't really classify it for a mech game but it's a nice strategic extension of typical dual joystick shooters, helps if you've got a gamepad. Interesting its going to be free to play, you can probably get enough enjoyment just playing against the cpu in a match or two on and off.

I wouldn't really classify it for a mech game but it's a nice strategic extension of typical dual joystick shooters, helps if you've got a gamepad. Interesting its going to be free to play, you can probably get enough enjoyment just playing against the cpu in a match or two on and off.

I'd recommend you try out the free version from the Carbon Games site before purchasing a steam key for $10.

https://www.carbongames.com/download.html

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom