• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this post contains One Metric Crap Ton of Steam codes for Humble bundles. Post if you take them or one doesn't work. I will destroy you if you do not post.

If you want to send me vouchers for stuff as thanks, I'm swthompson08 on Steam.

edit: deleted the ones people said they took, no idea if the remaining ones work still

garath

Is something going on with Steam. It's stuck on "Connecting to Steam".

Edit. Connected. sorry :p

I was disappointed in Steam last night. Connection issues kept me from playing co-op Borderlands2. On the bright side I got to play a lot of XCOM instead. So I can forgive. This is the second time Steam has kept me from playing co-op Borderlands2 right in prime time though. It's a little disappointing.

microtubule

In this post contains One Metric Crap Ton of Steam codes for Humble bundles. Post if you take them or one doesn't work. I will destroy you if you do not post.

If you want to send me vouchers for stuff as thanks, I'm swthompson08 on Steam.

Thanks for this! Got Cortex Command and also added you on Steam.

sk3tch

Where's the best deal on Dishonored on Steam? A buddy and I wanna buy it. Looks like $60, eh?

In this post: a free Civ V key for your pleasure. Simply for reading. Please let me know if you nabbed it. Thanks.

EDIT: key has been nabbed but no one has owned up to it! For shame.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Where's the best deal on Dishonored on Steam? A buddy and I wanna buy it. Looks like $60, eh?

If you're willing to buy it outside of Steam (it's Steamworks, so you'll receive a key which you can activate on Steam), the game can be had for $45 from GMG using the code GMG25-EVFWS-4Z4ZN.

Croc

Banned

In this post: a free Civ V key for your pleasure. Simply for reading. Please let me know if you nabbed it. Thanks.

FYI someone already nabbed that code.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Thanks. Edited my post. Damn stealth bums! I did the email trick and everything!
There are plenty of shady people who have GAF accounts. At least 90% of hidden codes get ripped with no thank you.

bigace33

I nabbed the Civ 5 key. Thanks a bunch my friend.

bigace33

Thanks. Edited my post. Damn stealth bums! I did the email trick and everything!

Just another fyi, I thanked you for the code 3 minutes after activating it.

Calm+down+everybody+shes+not+forever+alone.....Lots+of+guys+would+_ccc4440d35dede5ed685ba70fb3dec44.jpg

Everybody calm down.

Raptomex

Can someone tell me what the pre-order bonus for Hotline Miami is on Steam? I pre-ordered it last night but I have no idea what this bonus is.

Sysgen

No, it's pretty terrible and wasn't developed by Piranha Bytes. Just look at the GoG reviews; from a community who gave the original Two Worlds four stars...

hmm, might have to bite

From unplayable game to decent one

The original release of the game was a total disaster, which I believe explains the numerous 1/5 notes from GOG members. However the Enhanced Edition (EE) has been completely rewritten by people issued from the Community. They re-introduced a little bit of Gothic spirit, solved all the bugs (a feat in itself) and enhanced the graphics.
However, don't expect the result to be a completely Gothic-like game because of course they could not change the story line. But it is now a decent game. If you have not played Gothic I, II or III, play them first. Otherwise, give Forsaken God a try.
I found it a little bit over priced, though: $5.00 would be more appropriate.
Was this helpful?(14 of 15 people found this helpful)
Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced is a total reworked version!

The original version of this game was shit, right. But this is a total reworked version of the game.
So it was given to the guys that did already the Enhanced Edition community patch for Gothic 3 and here they even did a better job. The game is now well balanced and playable and offers some entertaining Gothic gameplay hours in a great world.
Give this a chance!

PaulLFC

Kinda interested in Risen 2 but still not buying yet. Waiting for 75%+ off because of their decision to charge £39.99 regular price here. Ridiculous price, the only other standard game I can think of that has cost that much is CoD, others are £34.99 at most and the majority are reduced to £29.99 or less from preorders onwards. £40 is a joke. I realise it isn't that price now but I still don't feel I should support Deep Silver to be honest, until they learn to price their games properly for the territory they're being sold in.

Nabs

The Toy Soldiers 1.1 update just went live. It's the Steamworks update!

Toy Soldiers Product Update
Product Update - Valve 17:15
What’s new in the 1.1 update for Toy Soldiers on PC:

Steamworks!

Steamworks features have now been integrated into Toy Soldiers! Steam achievements, Leaderboards, and saving games to the Steam Cloud are now a part of Toy Soldiers for PC.
Toy Soldiers for PC no longer requires Games For Windows LIVE to play! Players who are still working on their Games for Windows LIVE gamerscore need not worry though. After the patch is applied and you launch the game through Steam, you will see a dialog box that will give you the choice to play the new Steamworks version, or the Games For Windows LIVE version of the game. Each version will have its own save file, so progress you make in one version will not be visible by the other.

Added Resolution Support

Full 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080) has been added! We have also disabled the check to see what resolutions your display card supports, as this was causing some valid resolutions to be thrown out in some cases. If you happen to choose a resolution that your display card does not support, the game will return to the previous resolution after a few seconds.

Performance improvements

This patch includes improvements to the audio engine that fix performance problems with the game’s framerate, particularly for users running Windows XP. Optimizations to particle effect rendering have also been made.

We have introduced more options for players to tweak the performance of Toy Soldiers for their specific hardware needs. The following options are now available in the “Video Settings” menu under “Help & Options”:

“Screen Filters” - Setting this to “Off” will turn off screen overlay rendering (this improves performance on lower-spec machines). This setting is “On” by default.
“Particle Intensity” - Setting this to “Low” or “Off” reduces or removes the number of particles on the majority of particle effects. This is set to “High” by default.

Other issues that have been addressed

Many users were reporting crashes to desktop upon starting the game. In many cases, this is because the computer did not meet the minimum specifications for the game. In other cases, however, this was caused by Games for Windows LIVE not being updated. Users now have the choice to play the Steamworks version, which will avoid this issue. We have also addressed many crashes found by the community

Dingotech

So is the Walking Dead episode 4 up yet?

Seems a few posts this morning indicate it was, but I had Steam running for an hour before work and it didn't download.

So is the Walking Dead episode 4 up yet?

Seems a few posts this morning indicate it was, but I had Steam running for an hour before work and it didn't download.
It came out very early this morning(I want to say around 3 AM EST?), and yeah, it didn't download for me, either. Just start up the game and it should work its' magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom