• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Lae

I actually kind of want Farming Simulator.

I'm also sort of scared that I'll like it. I bought Railworks as a joke back when it first came on sale and have spent far too much time with it.

I'm also curious about the farming one as I spent a decade working in the agriculture industry, which is weird as I'll be able to judge the legitimacy of a lot of its sim elements. I'm just not sure if that may be a bad thing.

la_briola

I'm also sort of scared that I'll like it. I bought Railworks as a joke back when it first came on sale and have spent far too much time with it.

I'm also curious about the farming one as I spent a decade working in the agriculture industry, which is weird as I'll be able to judge the legitimacy of a lot of its sim elements. I'm just not sure if that may be a bad thing.

its around 6eur/usd/gbp, even if you won't like it... its not that much.

Mrbob

Let's get Farm Simulator 2013 into the top 20 GAF!

I'm seriously contemplating buying it just for the heck of it see what this game is like.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.

Yeah I'm in the same boat.

I've worked for an agricultural firm for nearly 10 years too and the first thing I noticed was the lack of New Holland considering the fact that they have Case-IH (They are owned by the same company, CNH, so licensing one should gain access to the other), especially as the only other major company they have represented is SDF.

I've probably said too much already! *runs*

HoosTrax

I can't see that game now without thinking about the ridiculous Youtube vid with Skrillex playing in the background and montages of farm tractors doing wheelies.

PaulLFC

I know it's obviously a mistake selling a preorder for 75%, but I bet they'd actually make more money overall than selling it at full price.

Gav47

Anyone ever run into this problem?

yxKnL.jpg

I opted into the beta cilent to see if it would fix a problem I had but now half of my games want to update. The updates aren't huge, the range from 0 btye to 300MB. Could it have something to do with that tool that deletes the redistributables installers?

Nabs

I opted into the beta cilent to see if it would fix a problem I had but now half of my games want to update. The updates aren't huge, the range from 0 btye to 300MB. Could it have something to do with that tool that deletes the redistributables installers?

They probably need to be converted to the new content system.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda asking due to that upcoming Amazon bundle, but this thread is a bit more active with PC game knowledge, so I figured that I would ask here.

1. Is Blood Money the best of the Hitman games? I doubt I'd have time to play more than one (I've never played any of them), so I'm wondering if this is the best of the bunch to play in 2012 for someone who's just going to play one of them.
I think it is, at least according to general consensus. I played it a couple of years ago and really loved it, though I only tried the easiest difficulty. Some weeks ago I started playing the first game and it's really outdated, doesn't control well and isn't an enjoyable experience, at least for me. I ended up watching a Let's Play, as a fellow GAFfer suggested me to do. Now I'm playing Hitman 2, and I'm on the 4th mission I think. It's a lot better, but I haven't spent enough time with it to be able to compare it to Blood Money.

So yeah, if you're gonna play only one of them, make sure it's BM. It's totally worth it.

Yea it's probably the redist files and/or the games shifting to the new content system. They should all go through pretty quickly.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Thanks to 7extonly and JoeMo for alerting me to the Farming Simulator '13 (mis)price. Gonna tend to my heifers now.

I hope Viking: Battle of Asgard making it over to PC means that we'll get other SEGA ports.

*crosses fingers for Vanquish/Bayonetta/Virtua Fighter 5*

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
ffffff, xcom and dishonored back to tommorow unlock date, come ooon, it keeps going back and forth, which is it, damn valve time!

edit: and now it says 11th again!

edit: ok, so 3 hours, so actually 12th for me, but still, it better not delay more!

Mrbob

I know it's obviously a mistake selling a preorder for 75%, but I bet they'd actually make more money overall than selling it at full price.

Yup, should have kept it on sale. Could have rode a wave of momentum. Now the game is going to fall off a cliff in terms of sales.

A friend of mine got two Farming Simulators 2013 cause he knew I would want one :D We have a friend who always plays these games so we are going to co-op it and see what the fuss is about :lol

Salsa

fuckin everyone on GAF is posting huge spoiler screenshots of the walking dead on the community fee

hate you guys

guess it's time I turn off screenshots there but man what the fuck, not even sure what they're trying to accomplish

Joe Molotov

fuckin everyone on GAF is posting huge spoiler screenshots of the walking dead on the community fee

hate you guys

guess it's time I turn off screenshots there but man what the fuck, not even sure what they're trying to accomplish

I think some people take screenshots without realizing that screenshots are beamed out to everyone now. I try to remember to set them to private if they're super-spoiley, but still sometimes you don't think about it.

Blizzard

Banned

hate you guys

There's an option to turn off screenshots on the community feed? That's the main reason I avoid community/game pages like the plague. Used to you could jump directly to the store page, but now you have to jump to the community page first (big ending screenshot spoilers) and then click the jump to store page button.

hate you guys

It's also really annoying that there is no spoiler thread. The unmarked spoiler thread has become the defacto thread.. I got spoiled so bad because of the staggered release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom