• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

There's an option to turn off screenshots on the community feed?

there is, but I also like to comment and see random screenshots so it's a bummer.

was just talking to Nelo Ice on steam chat and he suggested the idea of having the possibility to "block" screenshots for certain games of your choosing until after you finish them. That would be pretty cool.

Flunkie

Banned
fuckin everyone on GAF is posting huge spoiler screenshots of the walking dead on the community fee

hate you guys

guess it's time I turn off screenshots there but man what the fuck, not even sure what they're trying to accomplish

play ur games THEN look at screens cmon pab

Salsa

play ur games THEN look at screens cmon pab

I have fuckin 800 games on steam HOW WOULD I KNOW

First+World+Problems+Lady.jpg

8 or 38 or 68 minutes until Dishonored and XCOM unlock for the rest of the world? Shit like this needs a countdown NO WAIT IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN RELEASED SIMULTANEOUSLY WITH THE US VERSIONS

ArjanN

I have fuckin 800 games on steam HOW WOULD I KNOW

I learned afer the first episode I should just make the Walking Dead episodes a priority and play them immediately when they come out. They're like 2-3 hours long so you can beat them in 1 or 2 sittings easily.

It also helps to avoid spoilers, and allows you to participate in the discussion about them.

You ever spend a bunch of time thinking about whether you should buy a particular game and then when you finally think "OK, I'll buy it" and click on the store page . . . you find out that you already own it. Makes one feel stupid.

There should be a Steam Meme thing:

Buy hundreds of Steam games

<Steam face>

Spend all your time playing TF2, L4D, and Dota

You ever spend a bunch of time thinking about whether you should buy a particular game and then when you finally think "OK, I'll buy it" and click on the store page . . . you find out that you already own it. Makes one feel stupid.

There should be a Steam Meme thing:

Buy hundreds of Steam games

<Steam face>

Spend all your time playing TF2, L4D, and Dota

Have you been spying on me?

His point is that, like most good Zombie fiction, it's ultimately about people, their interaction, human nature, "man is the real monster" etc, and not really about the zombies.

I would say more it has very little to do with farming in rural America. It is there, but not a big part of the series. Still GOTY.

Moving on, XCOM is kind of awesome. Possibly also GOTY.

fallout

His point is that, like most good Zombie fiction, it's ultimately about people, their interaction, human nature, "man is the real monster" etc, and not really about the zombies.
Right, the zombies are there and certainly play an important role in the setting, but that's about it. It didn't have to be zombies and the material would hold up if you swapped out zombies for something else. It's kind of like how the movie Moon has very little to actually do with the Moon, despite it being set there.

I probably could have phrased that better, though.

Right, the zombies are there and certainly play an important role in the setting, but that's about it. It didn't have to be zombies and the material would hold up if you swapped out zombies for something else. It's kind of like how the movie Moon has very little to actually do with the Moon, despite it being set there.

I probably could have phrased that better, though.

I beg to differ and (non-specific Walking dead game spoiler)
So does the latest episode of the game ;)

But yeah I get what you are saying. It certainly isn't your typical zombie game/franchise.

If anyone is interested, I found this about revoking Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY (haven't tried it yet).

I know this is a little old, but I just want to add that the last version (downloaded today) of the Securom diagnostics tool has allowed me to revoke the licence of Arkham Asylum Goty.

The download is here:

https://support.securom.com/diaghelp/download1.html

After install it, I searched for applications with securom in the drive where I have steam installed, some of them appeared. Then I selected Arkham Asylum and went to the menu "application" and hit "revoke", a little window appeared telling me that the application has been installed with the serial "..." (insert there the serial of you installation, i checked mine and was the same shown by steam), and offering the possibility of doing and online revoke or a manual revoke, i clicked on "online revoke" and after 2-3 seconds, a message appeared telling the licence had been erased.

I have used the diagnostic tool in the past and I don't remember it having the option to "revoke", so I thought that I should tell my experience, maybe it can help somebody.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=29317665&postcount=47

Anyone have thoughts on the Sherlock Holmes games? Any of them worthwhile?

Newest game is especially fantastic and a looker as well. Completely revamped how you control Sherlock/Watson; three modes. Point and click, first person, and a really awesome third person. Jack the Ripper is also amazing.

Croc

Banned
Really Big Sky is the new game over at IndieGameStand.

BTA ($1.08) to get the dev's previous two games (Lunneye Devitsy and Wake) as well as:

Part of the Tormishire Soundtrack
Wake Original Soundtrack
Lunnye Devitsy Original Soundtrack
Manuals for Wake and Lunnye Devitsy

eyeless

pid is going to be released on october 31st for 10 dollars. it is made by former grin people from the bionic commando: rearmed team. i think it looks swell. check out this giant bomb quick look of it, perhaps you too will find it looks swell. as far as i can tell it has gotten almost no attention. if you like what you see and are not a lowly junior like myself, consider making a thread about it. thank you.

Giard

Really Big Sky is the new game over at IndieGameStand.

BTA ($1.08) to get the dev's previous two games (Lunneye Devitsy and Wake) as well as:

Part of the Tormishire Soundtrack
Wake Original Soundtrack
Lunnye Devitsy Original Soundtrack
Manuals for Wake and Lunnye Devitsy

Are these any good? I've only read negative reviews for Really Big Sky so far.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Are these any good? I've only read negative reviews for Really Big Sky so far.

I loved the idea behind Really Big Sky and some of my friends have had success, but the game is so shittily coded that it ran in the single digit frames for me. I don't think it was ever fixed, either.

pid is going to be released on october 31st for 10 dollars. it is made by former grin people from the bionic commando: rearmed team. i think it looks swell. check out this giant bomb quick look of it, perhaps you too will find it looks swell. as far as i can tell it has gotten almost no attention. if you like what you see and are not a lowly junior like myself, consider making a thread about it. thank you.

Looks kinda cool, skimmed the video and the areas seemed quite diverse. Also seems to be the kind of game where I will rage quit 4-5 times a hour.

Wok

The mechanic looks like the one from OIO, but with reverse-gravity rays instead of bamboo seeds.

wazoo

Anyone have thoughts on the Sherlock Holmes games? Any of them worthwhile?

THey are all made by the same company using the same pattern and got all almost the same kind of reviews. They started to overhaul their engine for the last one I think (ripper) and of course for the new one, which is just out now. From a gameplay perspective, they are all good.

If you are a sherlock holmes addict, check also the 90's games from EA.

wilflare

i only just realised that xelios made the OT.
i'm such a laggard.

I thought Really Big Sky was some other game with cutesy graphics.
i was totally wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom