• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
October has been pretty deadly. Just gonna hide under the backlog blanket until the December sales...

We still haven't got Cherry Tree High Comedy Club. #sad
Good grief, I assumed that one went up with the eXceed games but never bothered to check. Ridiculous.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Still no opinions on R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War? Looks decent enough from the trailer but it's a tough sell right now with Borderlands 2 in heavy rotation and Torchlight 2 soon to be.

KNT-Zero

Just announced:

@nyumedia 10:58 AM
Combo-crazy doujin beat 'em up, Fairy Bloom Freesia, will release on Steam, Desura & direct sales on Oct 17th! fairybloomfreesia.com

oKi4d.jpg

Dayum! Looks really good... I will be getting it as soon as my Wall of Shame gets reduced... :$

Salsa

so, reminder:

I bought a new western digital caviar blue HDD and im gonna put windows in that shiz cause it's better than my aging current OS drive

now; I have steam and every single game installed on a secondary 1.5tb drive

so

after I do a W7 install from scratch in this new drive, steam should just work fine consdiering it's in the other one, right? at most I guess it would tell me to download a couple things? (but please not entire games)

camerooni

Neo Member
so, reminder:

I bought a new western digital caviar blue HDD and im gonna put windows in that shiz cause it's better than my aging current OS drive

now; I have steam and every single game installed on a secondary 1.5tb drive

so

after I do a W7 install from scratch in this new drive, steam should just work fine consdiering it's in the other one, right? at most I guess it would tell me to download a couple things? (but please not entire games)

You should be fine just running steam.exe.. it'll download a few things and you'll be set.. it might look like it's frozen for a long time while it goes through and sorts everything out tho.. but it usually works..

I have a version of Steam that I run off a portable drive for multiplayer games when I"m over at a friends place.. no muss no fuss.. works everytime on multiple computers and doesn't hose any original installs on other parts of the computer.

Salsa

You should be fine just running steam.exe.. it'll download a few things and you'll be set.. it might look like it's frozen for a long time while it goes through and sorts everything out tho.. but it usually works..

I have a version of Steam that I run off a portable drive for multiplayer games when I"m over at a friends place.. no muss no fuss.. works everytime on multiple computers and doesn't hose any original installs on other parts of the computer.

so basically the same process that happens when you move the steamapps folder + steam.exe to another drive?

yeah.. that makes a lot of sense, hah

Still no opinions on R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War? Looks decent enough from the trailer but it's a tough sell right now with Borderlands 2 in heavy rotation and Torchlight 2 soon to be.

I played the XBLA demo, it offers pretty much nothing to separate itself from other better games. Except a weird system where if you die and don't have any of a certain item left you have to play the level over again.

One good thing was it seemed able to handle a LOT of enemies on screen at once. Though it only did this at the end of the demo in a 'swarm you with an unwinnable amount of respawning enemies' moment to get you to run away.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Get Games is having a sci-fi sale. The following are Steam-friendly:

- Aliens vs. Predator (67% off; $4.94)
- Binary Domain (67% off; $13.19)
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (75% off; $7.49)
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition (75% off; $9.99)
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link (75% off; $1.99)
- F.E.A.R. 3 (75% off; $9.99)
- Metro 2033 (75% off; $4.99)
- Shoot Many Robots (50% off; $4.99)
- Warhammer 40k: Space Marine (75% off; $7.49)

(F.E.A.R. 2 Complete is also on sale and is listed, on the Steam Support website, as a Steam-friendly game, however I don't think this applies to digital copies as I recall purchasing it from GamersGate and receiving an incompatible key.)

For those interested in Human Revolution, I'd advise instead to wait a little while and purchase this bundle from Amazon, which will be $9.99 come Sunday (US time).

In other news:

NBN Co said:
Fibre | Work commenced - work commenced in your area on Sep 2012.

Looks like I'll be on fibre just in time for Half-Life 3's pre-load. ;) But more to the point, in about 12 months, I can finally wave goodbye to my useless ADSL connection.

Mrbob

Might be old news, but I was struggling to find a use for my 20 dollar best buy gift card tonight. I went to look at the pc section on a whim and low and behold I saw some Steam Wallet cards sitting on the shelf in front of a Steam Wallet display. They had 20, 50, and 100 dollar cards. The Steam Wallet cards at Best Buy are true scratch cards unlike the ones at Gamestop which print the code on a receipt. So if you are looking to find Steam Wallet cards at a new place it looks like you can get them at Best Buy now!

xJavonta

Banned
Metro at $5, worth it?

Might be old news, but I was struggling to find a use for my 20 dollar best buy gift card tonight. I went to look at the pc section on a whim and low and behold I saw some Steam Wallet cards sitting on the shelf in front of a Steam Wallet display. They had 20, 50, and 100 dollar cards. The Steam Wallet cards at Best Buy are true scratch cards unlike the ones at Gamestop which print the code on a receipt. So if you are looking to find Steam Wallet cards at a new place it looks like you can get them at Best Buy now!
Nice, thanks for the info.

Good to see another confirmation. Good for turning consoles games into Steam credit. Bestbuy now has a 50% bonus on any game you trade in, but recently they had a 100% bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom