• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
120gb SSD wut

wonder what i'll move first, any recommendations?

non-steam related but im definetly putting Battlefield 3 in there. Maps take a fucking long time to load

Total War: Shogun
Max Payne 3

Nothing else, because it'll be full.

JaseC

Tell me if it runs there. For some odd reason the game is bugged in my machine.

I've love to, but unfortunately it's been a long time since I've had the free space to install impulse purchases, haha. I'm sure somebody else who frequents this thread can offer a sitrep on the game, though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I've love to, but unfortunately it's been a long time since I've had the free space to install impulse purchases, haha. I'm sure somebody else who frequents this thread can offer a sitrep on the game, though.

Hopefully.

Whenever I run the game somehow it has problems :/

Salsa

That probably won't help much with loading BF3 maps.

I actually tried BF3 on an SSD and it was noticeable better. Granted it was an intel drive wich are supposed to be much faster, but still

I hardly see how early adopters jumping aboard a technology incapable of meeting the needs of today's games is a serious problem.

im using it as an OS drive. Just gonna throw a couple games I play the most

JaseC

Hopefully.

Whenever I run the game somehow it has problems :/

I deleted a handful of games to clear the necessary six'ish gig, although I'm not sure when the download will complete due to my inconsistent connection. When I do get around to playing the game, what issues should I be looking for? (Hopefully the game will be ready by the time I ready your reply.)

So after trying out both Dead Space 2 and NFS: Hot Pursuit, I saw that they only utilize one CPU core. It's not terrible for me since that one core is only going up to 50C max when playing them, but I find it to be very concerning.

Is there a way to get them to even themselves using each of my four cores?

I saw WinAFC was recommended in a steam forum thread, but having just recently built this PC, I'm hesitant to try it out.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I deleted a handful of games to clear the necessary six'ish gig, although I'm not sure when the download will complete due to my inconsistent connection. When I do get around to playing the game, what issues should I be looking for? (Hopefully the game will be ready by the time I ready your reply.)

You can't change graphical settings. Also you'll get stuck in the main menu.

Compare to Cities XL 2011 which is actually running fine.

MNC

GAF, I think I have a problem.

VxZIm.png

These are all the unfinished games in my list.

Which games take a short time to finish so I can take action and lessen this list a bit? White games are obviously installed and am already playing them.

kami_sama

Which games take a short time to finish so I can take action and lessen this list a bit? White games are obviously installed and am already playing them.

Start with Sword and Sworcery, short and awesome!

MNC

Out of the ones you already have installed, Sonic CD. You can finish that quickly.

Oops, that one shouldn't be there. I finished that yesterday :V The game is so short, but I left it in my UNFINISHED category because I want to finish it with all timestones first.

Wok

ARES, Bastion, Gemini Rue, Lugaru HD, Nightsky, Samorost 2, Shank, Superbrothers.

Salsa

VxZIm.png

play Lone Survivor now

VxZIm.png

You put Tales of Monkey Island twice on that list. You are disqualified.
Also play Just Cause 2.

VxZIm.png

holy shit, i thought mine was bad. i am sure most Steam users are in the same situation lol.

BosSin

VxZIm.png

play Psychonauts, thank me later

You know with the Origin madness going on I guess it finally proved something to myself. I always thought even if I could get free games outta it, I had no interest in ever using it, and I guess that actually is the case. Drew my line in the sand and I'm stickin' to it, because I don't want to live in a future where I have to have a bunch of things idling on my taskbar just to access my games.

jediyoshi

You know with the Origin madness going on I guess it finally proved something to myself. I always thought even if I could get free games outta it, I had no interest in ever using it, and I guess that actually is the case. Drew my line in the sand and I'm stickin' to it, because I don't want to live in a future where I have to have a bunch of things idling on my taskbar just to access my games.

A lot of the games didn't require Origin past installation :p

You know for the next Winter Sale, if I didn't manage to cut my credit card in half I might just opt to buy the games in gift forms.

That way I would actually commit to finishing a game/trade it away later.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I took the plunge. I guess I care more about gaming than my taskbar.

Well darn, tried the Origin code.

Forgot that it was only applicable in the United States.

Shame, I would have loved to try out Medal of Honor.... didn't I just grumble about having a huge backlog a few posts back?

1-D_FTW

I tried to get Kingdom of Amular and Gatling Gears for free. When I found out KoA was excluded, I put Sabateur in the cart with GG. When I realized I was too late and could only get one free game, I removed GG. Then I said, "Eh." If it's not KoA, it's not worth the effort." Closed the tab:)

And I already have an Origin account from BF3 :lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom