• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried ordering Mass Effect 2, it said "your order is processing, we'll let you know if it goes through" or something like that... next time I tried it said "invalid promo code"

Did you remove the cookies and visited the website again?
I know that you did that but I got nothing else to say, sorry.

Ricker

Wow,Viking: Battle for Asgard is coming for PC and available on Steam next week? took them long enough hehe,but the game was great,might try the PC version.

Ledsen

Did you remove the cookies and visited the website again?
I know that you did that but I got nothing else to say, sorry.

ME2 went through and I also managed to snag Mercenaries 2, so the tip was good :) Would've been cool to get MoH: Airborne and Shank 2 as well but hey, free games!

ME2 went through and I also managed to snag Mercenaries 2, so the tip was good :) Would've been cool to get MoH: Airborne and Shank 2 as well but hey, free games!

I've got all the new ones using this code and trying again and again.
g22m6.jpg

So try it if you got the time.

Wok

I've got all the new ones using this code and trying again and again.

The discussion would me more suited in this thread.

However, there is a possibility to discuss about Steam and Origin in this thread: which games are available with the discount but are not available on Steam? Shank 2 is available on both, and The Saboteur is only available on Origin. So, The Saboteur is a game which might be interesting to get for free with the discount.

The discussion would me more suited in this thread.

However, there is a possibility to discuss about Steam and Origin in this thread: which games are available with the discount but are not available on Steam? Shank 2 is available on both, and The Saboteur is only available on Origin. So, The Saboteur is a game which might be interesting to get for free with the discount.

Only Dragon Age 2 comes to my mind. And nobody is getting it even when it's free.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
GAF, I think I have a problem.

VxZIm.png

These are all the unfinished games in my list.

Which games take a short time to finish so I can take action and lessen this list a bit? White games are obviously installed and am already playing them.
Bit.Trip Runner. Frustrating, but short and sweet. NightSky is another short game (2 to 3 hours to 100% it). Keep on playing the Max Paynes. Also, the F.E.A.R. games are great, and Psychonauts too.

Salsa

wonder if it'd be worth it to put the Steam client on the OS SSD but leave all the games on the 1.5tb HDD..

im also guessing it would be a pretty tiresome process

Any of you have any recommendations for Steam sites that focus on say, smaller scale downloadable titles for Steam? Not just indie style necessarily, but that kind of thing. XBLA and PSN style games, but on the Steam side. Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Any of you have any recommendations for Steam sites that focus on say, smaller scale downloadable titles for Steam? Not just indie style necessarily, but that kind of thing. XBLA and PSN style games, but on the Steam side. Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

The best place on the web for any PC coverage is RockPaperShotgun. They cover independent games on and off Steam as well as retail games.

Beyond that, I'd recommend GAF.

I realize these answers sort of suck because they don't actually answer your question, but that's honestly how I get my PC indie fill.

Salsa

Rocketbirds: hard boiled chicken, hotline miami, mark of the ninja

all so soon, and retro city rampage just came out

these last couple months have been brutal

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I just played Civ 5 for 12 hours straight.

That's it, setting it to windowed mode so I don't get sucked into Civ universe with no hint of the outside world again.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's one of the Seven Seals. Gabe is going to unleash the apocalypse in an attempt to further protract the development of Half-Life 3.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Jasec, it's a serious dick move that you ever reference HL3. I don't actively think about the game, but I can't forget about it when you bring it up every other post. Thanks for ruining multiple days for me.

Forkball

vCQRC.jpg

this just looks weird

Gabe looks like he just woke up and threw on what he wore yesterday, Chuan seems like he's desperately trying to understand what Gabe is saying, and the rest of IG are thinking, "Ugh why do we have to hold up these stupid flags for our sponsors..."

Salsa

he's giving the Aegis of Champions to dota players

what's funny is that it actually looks like he was taking the trophy away from them

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Buying games and not playing them always makes me feel better.

Edit: Somebody should remind Bethesda that Doom 3: BFG Edition is a Steamworks game and therefore ought to have a Steam Store page.

Caerith

wonder if it'd be worth it to put the Steam client on the OS SSD but leave all the games on the 1.5tb HDD..

im also guessing it would be a pretty tiresome process
I have my Steam on the same SSD as the OS, and just Steam Mover stuff from the HDD to the SSD when I want to play it. I imagine it would only be tiresome if you were moving lots of games all at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom