• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

microtubule

@Sidewinder, can't find any recent patch notes but plenty of complaints about the patching system for this game on Steam. However, my father-in-law has a standalone copy and every few years when he gets a new computer I am reminded how PITA it is to patch the game.

Oreoleo

It's also a bad game, but I'll admit that my perception of it is coloured by the loathsome Portal 2 ARG levels.

Ah, I didn't have the (mis?)fortune of playing those. I don't know if I'd call it bad (though it certainly isn't GOOD) I just thought your post was interesting since the game can be 'beaten' in about a half hour.

Santiako

I have codes for Just Cause, Quantum Conundrum, Supreme Commander 2 and Hitman: Blood Money to trade for anything decent I don't have.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah, I didn't have the (mis?)fortune of playing those. I don't know if I'd call it bad (though it certainly isn't GOOD) I just thought your post was interesting since the game can be 'beaten' in about a half hour.

Maybe I'll persevere one day. Maybe.

That stupid icon and game name will be on top of your alphabetically arranged list of games FOREVER!

Or this, as the more likely alternative. :p

There isn't a Halloween sale is there? I keep having these memories of the little steam mascots dressed in costumes but I can't remember if they have a Halloween sale or not.

I just played Civ 5 for 12 hours straight.

That's it, setting it to windowed mode so I don't get sucked into Civ universe with no hint of the outside world again.

Civ V Nights, a Civ V vanilla total conversion mod, adds a clock to the "Next Turn" button. Also there may be a mod to include that in Civ V vanilla in the Steam Workshop.

Here

benjipwns

Banned
Civ V Nights, a Civ V vanilla total conversion mod, adds a clock to the "Next Turn" button. Also there may be a mod to include that in Civ V vanilla in the Steam Workshop.
There is. CivNights is fun though too.

Windowed or a clock doesn't necessarily help with Civ though...

I opened up a whole can of uh-oh on GAF lol. Why don't you guys play your games!?!??

Same reason why some girls shop for shoes.

They don't actually need them now, but it's nice to have an option later in the future.

Even though that day will never come.

Deft Beck

Cross-posting from the deal thread:

I've got keys for Just Cause 2, Hitman: Blood Money and Quantum Conundrum. PM me if you want to make a deal.

However, whoever quotes me first gets a key for the Last Remnant.

I managed to submit an e-mail address just fine.

Now we play the waiting game. Or in this case, I just pass the time with Dishonoured which I have been criminally neglecting.

haikira

Anyone have a last minute yeh or neh for Steel Storm: Burning Retribution? Noticed the Metacritic score is quite low, but just checking incase it's a game that's been patched up significantly. I've seen quite a lot of lesser known games, become far superior from launch.

haikira

Gabe doesn't believe in devaluing games like EA does.

brofistg1pz7.gif

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Now that I remember, I have 2 invites for Steam Community Beta Access, if someone's still interested, quote this post.

MNC

You mean re-opened. And it was just your turn this time. Which is cool. We all take our turns.

True enough. I'm never first with things and it is an ongoing struggle. Just as I hit Submit I thought "Wait, this is just random backlog bullshit."

Anyway, some more Dead Space 2 rambling:

I just spent about 150 minutes on the final boss.

I have to beat it still.

Fucking Zealot mode is the bane of my dead space 2 existence. I was playing it all wrong though; I wanted to kill everything I found, but I soon realized I should just keep running and stasis and just... Stop wasting ammo so much. Fuck all the necromorphs. Especially fuck their 'black/stronger' variants.

Fuck you and fuck the marker.

Today's Daily is 50% off Digital Combat Simulation: A-10C Warthog ($19.99). The game is 18 months old and the base price is still $40? For shame.

If only it was an EA game, we could have got it for free. Steam, you are falling behind on these trends.

Here

This can be really useful. By the way do we have a thread for these mods/workshop thingies?

If you like sitting on your computer reading 2 different pdfs just so it takes you over an hour to take off... then ac 10 warthog is for you.

Depending on your mood, that can be genuinely fun.

Blizzard

Banned
If you like sitting on your computer reading 2 different pdfs just so it takes you over an hour to take off... then ac 10 warthog is for you.

Depending on your mood, that can be genuinely fun.
Have you seen the hilarious video of a group of people starting from scratch? I think it might have been giantbomb, and then they're like...ok great, we're powered up...the engine is on fire THE ENGINE IS ON FIRE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom