• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitz

It does indeed suck when people don't respond. Once you've added to the game to Steam, takes 2 seconds to reply for the benefit of others.

Salsa

Still need to finish it ... still need to finish like all the big games that came out in the last few months I bought :/

100 percented it in 2 days, love that game

anyway, gonna interrupt my second Dishonored playthrough in order to play ep 4 of The Walking Dead, and possibly start XCOM

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, you're already hitting the quote button. Just say thanks once in a while.
Evilore should implement a function that tracks who clicked the quote button. Then, the first one on that log is the non-thanking asshole, and should be shamed into deleting his Steam account.

It does indeed suck when people don't respond. Once you've added to the game to Steam, takes 2 seconds to reply for the benefit of others.
Hell, I once made an account on some forum just to thank one guy for posting a Just Cause 2 key, which I took. Here the ones who take the hidden keys already have a GAF account, so there's just no excuse.

Blizzard

Banned
What's the deal with Bad Rats by the way. Was it really that bad?
I haven't personally played it, but by all accounts yes. I think it is one of those games where you think, "Oh come on, it can't be THAT bad, maybe I can still get some campy fun out of it", and then you buy it on sale, and play it, and find it is truly, insultingly bad.

I haven't personally played it, but by all accounts yes. I think it is one of those games where you think, "Oh come on, it can't be THAT bad, maybe I can still get some campy fun out of it", and then you buy it on sale, and play it, and find it is truly, insultingly bad.

I'll definitely buy it next sale. Sounds awesome.

I hope not because I stared at that key for a few seconds while thinking it could be a trap in the good way. But the risk of having Bad Rats in my account was just too big. :O

I was about to add it because I was curious about Bad Rats.

Downloading the Bad Rats demo to see what the hoopla is.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
There's been a recent trend of people posting keys for new releases that they've already used (because if you already own the game it will appear to be legit but of course no use to you, while it will only say duplicate if you don't). It's kind of a dick move to get peoples hopes up/upset them like that by posting a used key.

If you did get Dishonored then congrats, it's an awesome game. Just finished it last night.

It's not the worst game ever made.

It's just a not good at all Incredible Machine that is trying to be "edgy" by including terrorist rats with suicide vests.

u8e1f.jpg

Oh and it has resolution options like it was made in 1996.

Is it worth playing? No. Is it worth playing even as a joke? No, not really. Is it the worst game ever made? Nope.

What happens if you activate a steam key of a game that is already in your library? Is the key still usable?

That depends. If it's exactly the same subscription in Steam's database, it will tell you you already own that game and the key is still usable. But if it's even slightly different (say, a bundle with another game or a key of a different region) Steam will just eat it.

That depends. If it's exactly the same subscription in Steam's database, it will tell you you already own that game and the key is still usable. But if it's even slightly different (say, a bundle with another game or a key of a different region) Steam will just eat it.
No problem, it was "The Ship" again... I eventually won one of those original "Mr. X's Charity Raffle" keys.

So I've dried my tears of not getting Dishonored by trying out the Bad Rats demo.

Game is pretty fun, it's like Half Life 2 without all the stupid story and FPS bits, leaving you with the best part of the game; the physics.

No wonder Valve gave it out for free. It's remarkably superior to Half Life 2 in every way.

Bah that's kinda lame. Isn't supposed to be like AC2's DLC where it was just a cut part of the game spliced back in?

Only from a story-perspective. Game, including boss-fight, was developed separately and it shows.

Not saying it's not good btw. it's probably my favourite piece of DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom