• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
He's alien :p

Technically he has no nipples in the show

Anyways I have The Ship to give away but I don't know what "task" I should do... hm.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You kill a target while avoiding your killer.

Ehh what the hell....

First to quote this post will get the game!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That feel when you really want to play a game but it's a horrible unplayable port *looks at asscreed 2*

I'm still working my way through AssCreed 2 (I'd forgotten just how big it is) and the LOD issues are egregious to the point of being distracting.

Milamber

I'm still working my way through AssCreed 2 (I'd forgotten just how big it is) and the LOD issues are egregious to the point of being distracting.

Ugh, don't remind me.

I stopped on it too cause of BL2 & Dishonored and I still got to crack open TorchLight 2 a kind Gaffer gave me. Oh wow, Gnomoria is DF on Easy mode, so bought. Oh hey, free Really Big Sky, thanks. Woah, thanks Salsa for hooking me up with Sleepy Dawgs. Ooh, best friend gifted me all the Broken Swords. Oh, what's that Amazon SE Sale Bundle? $10? You... You just wait.

First World Problems.

Bradach

That feel when you really want to play a game but it's a horrible unplayable port *looks at asscreed 2*

looks at Splinter cell conviction. I literally can't play that game, it gradually grinds to a 15 fps slideshow after about 5 mins play (begining at 60 fps). What a piece of junk

Lingitiz

looks at Splinter cell conviction. I literally can't play that game, it gradually grinds to a 15 fps slideshow after about 5 mins play (begining at 60 fps). What a piece of junk

It is indeed awful. It really isn't doing anything all that impressive too.

MNC

True enough. I'm never first with things and it is an ongoing struggle. Just as I hit Submit I thought "Wait, this is just random backlog bullshit."

Anyway, some more Dead Space 2 rambling:

I just spent about 150 minutes on the final boss.

I have to beat it still.

Fucking Zealot mode is the bane of my dead space 2 existence. I was playing it all wrong though; I wanted to kill everything I found, but I soon realized I should just keep running and stasis and just... Stop wasting ammo so much. Fuck all the necromorphs. Especially fuck their 'black/stronger' variants.

Fuck you and fuck the marker.

Just wanted to say this again and ignite the dead space 2 discussion a bit. Plus some tips perhaps? :( i only have line gun, pc, detonator and pulserifle and am not going back to switch.

MNC

I FUCKING DID IT

I BEAT DEAD SPACE 2 ON ZEALOT

Horrible endgame and horrible endboss. But I still enjoyed the game. It had semi-diverse surroundings, some really nice setpieces and still enough corridor-horror-dead-space-y-ness. Enough gameplay variations thanks to the anti-gravity bits. Isaac is becoming Iron Man slowly and I don't mind one bit.

Isaac should just shut the fuck up, but I didn't get too annoyed by the banter. I wonder if he's the same voice actor as Dead Space 1.

There were too many other people in the station and I never felt as alone as I did in Dead Space 1. Dead Space 2 is a pretty weak Dead Space in that regard but a solid game still. I still like the gameplay.

But fucking please, Zealot is really insane. I put 4 hours in the endboss alone because of the stupid
grapple OHKO that happen all the time. Even with the minions.
It's just really bad design, IMO. Dead Space 1's boss was far cooler. I went back to an older save, put the Contact Beam in my inventory and fucking did it in an hour.

Doomrider

I FUCKING DID IT

I BEAT DEAD SPACE 2 ON ZEALOT

Horrible endgame and horrible endboss. But I still enjoyed the game. It had semi-diverse surroundings, some really nice setpieces and still enough corridor-horror-dead-space-y-ness. Enough gameplay variations thanks to the anti-gravity bits. Isaac is becoming Iron Man slowly and I don't mind one bit.

Isaac should just shut the fuck up, but I didn't get too annoyed by the banter. I wonder if he's the same voice actor as Dead Space 1.

There were too many other people in the station and I never felt as alone as I did in Dead Space 1. Dead Space 2 is a pretty weak Dead Space in that regard but a solid game still. I still like the gameplay.

But fucking please, Zealot is really insane. I put 4 hours in the endboss alone because of the stupid
grapple OHKO that happen all the time. Even with the minions.
It's just really bad design, IMO. Dead Space 1's boss was far cooler. I went back to an older save, put the Contact Beam in my inventory and fucking did it in an hour.

Are you done with the game? If you want an actual feeling of tension, you should try hardcore mode. You'll learn to fear some of the encounters and those blasted decompression windows. It's fun and worth trying.

I remember replaying it like 4 times straight, after I was done the first time. The gameplay is really good, and the pacing is great, for the most part. But yeah, as far as horror is concerned, Dead Space 2 offers very little. Also, the story lacked subtlety during certain parts, more specifically the
Nicole bits. When she goes all "what am i isaac, am i your guilt you can't get over the fact im dead because you feel responsible", I couldn't help but think "shut the fuck up already".
Eew. Still, loved Isaac and Ellie, so there's that.

Overall, it's hard to dislike it when it's such a good-looking, good-playing and atmospheric shooter, though. Most of the set-pieces are god-tier, too.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
So the next batch of Greenlight games should be announced in a few hours. I hope Giana Sisters and La-Mulana make the cut.

MNC

Are you done with the game? If you want an actual feeling of tension, you should try hardcore mode. You'll learn to fear some of the encounters and those blasted decompression windows. It's fun and worth trying.

I remember replaying it like 4 times straight, after I was done the first time. The gameplay is really good, and the pacing is great, for the most part. But yeah, as far as horror is concerned, Dead Space 2 offers very little. Also, the story lacked subtlety during certain parts, more specifically the
Nicole bits. When she goes all "what am i isaac, am i your guilt you can't get over the fact im dead because you feel responsible", I couldn't help but think "shut the fuck up already".
Eew. Still, loved Isaac and Ellie, so there's that.

Overall, it's hard to dislike it when it's such a good-looking, good-playing and atmospheric shooter, though. Most of the set-pieces are god-tier, too.

I am definitely done with it for a few months. My first and only run on Zealot drained me and frustrated me to no end. The first half went fine... But as soon as I went to
The ishimura
Everything went to fuck, big time. My readjusted strategy: Stasis and run like hell. The game never bores and doesn't have any dead (Hah!) parts except for lacking in story and horror. Hardcore mode is supposedly based on Survivalist instead of Zealot, so I reckon Zealot gave me more shit difficulty wise than Hardcore mode will. I don't think I'd like to be frustrated more with only 3 savegames. :p

Where do I find my Mass Effect CD key? Right clicking on the grid doesn't show me a view CD key option.

Change to detail view and you can see it on the right.

Doomrider

I am definitely done with it for a few months. My first and only run on Zealot drained me and frustrated me to no end. The first half went fine... But as soon as I went to
The ishimura
Everything went to fuck, big time. My readjusted strategy: Stasis and run like hell. The game never bores and doesn't have any dead (Hah!) parts except for lacking in story and horror. Hardcore mode is supposedly based on Survivalist instead of Zealot, so I reckon Zealot gave me more shit difficulty wise than Hardcore mode will. I don't think I'd like to be frustrated more with only 3 savegames. :p

Oh, you started on Zealot. Yeah, that might have been a little too frustrating for a first playthrough. I imagine you're referring more specifically to the
corridor of death in the Ishimura
? =P Things can get chaotic there. It's a good thing you adopted that strategy because it's the ideal (only?) way of tackling the endgame.

I did normal first, then Hardcore and then Zealot, but by then I had the special weapon you unlock for beating hardcore, which makes the entire game a cakewalk.

Well, while I'm finding it hard to get excited for Dead Space 3 (not sure why, since I don't see anything particularly wrong with it, to be honest), I hope they do more with the story this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom