• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess by the loosest definition it is. The penalty for killing people are more easily killable zombie-like enemies around in later levels. It's not really a morality system.

It also increases the number of plague rats, alters how NPCs respond to you, and changes the ending. It may not be as punishing as most games but it still seems like a morality system to me.

marrec

Banned
It also increases the number of plague rats, alters how NPCs respond to you, and changes the ending. It may not be as punishing as most games but it still seems like a morality system to me.

And the fact that it's almost inconsequential to the actual gameplay makes it even worse for me. If you kill a bunch of people, you get more 'people' to kill and then cooler ways to kill people, but no actual consequences.

Eusis

I guess by the loosest definition it is. The penalty for killing people are more easily killable zombie-like enemies around in later levels. It's not really a morality system.
Well, you also get a different final stage and bad ending(s), but that final stage becomes more interesting and those endings are arguably more fitting finales anyway with the low chaos one being too neat of a finish.

To be honest the harshest penalty is
the knowledge you're actively corrupting Emily. Though personally I found the change at the end of Flooded District to be horrifying to be honest.

Fair question and yes, this is revised version that was pushed out after the initial release - all typos have been fixed, an image was swapped out, config screen converted in English and a Japanese text line that popped up was removed.

Awesome, thanks for the reply. I'll be sure to pick it up again.

I won't call that a morality system, since it doesn't really separate from 'good' or 'bad' actions.

It's cool that it does that though, this perks up my interest on dishonored.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Holy fuck you guys, X-Blades is just the worst game. Damn you Groupees bundle for making me play this. If I hadn't gotten Stranger's Wrath HD and Tropico 3 with it, I'd be feeling extremely ripped off. :lol

marrec

Banned
I won't call that a morality system, since it doesn't really separate from 'good' or 'bad' actions.

It's cool that it does that though, this perks up my interest on dishonored.

Well the game certainly differentiates between what it considers 'good' and 'bad' decisions on your part. It's obvious in the endings.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare should go up in a few hours. It's apparently Steamworks too. No reviews or anything yet, it should be interesting to see how it compares to Mount and Blade and War of the Roses.

I think Chivalry is what Mount & Blade inspired to be with battles, I think it'll sell better than War of the Roses on the long run, especially when War of the Roses hype dies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I warned you, GAF. You brought this darkness upon yourself.

X-Blades is so bad, having it on your Steam list makes every other game a little bit worse.

:(

The real sad thing is that I'd been wanting to play it for years. I mean, I usually like super low budget hack and slash games (Dynasty Warriors is one of my favorite series, despite how admittedly kinda bad it is), but this...it feels like it was designed by people who have no concept whatsoever of what makes a game fun.

marrec

Banned
I see. Still sounds fun though. I'll get it during the winter sale/black friday; financially permitted. :D

Oh don't get me wrong, the game is fun, but I'd wait for a discount before buying.

Also, I hate arbitrary morality systems that only have 'good' and 'bad' decisions. Especially considering this game's 'good' decisions when it comes to certain people are WAY worse than the 'bad' decisions morally.

*lol*

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh shit...so I just this second remembered that a few months ago, I bought an indie bundle, and there was one more game yet to be revealed when I bought it. But I can't remember which indie bundle it was, and I never went back to get that last game...dammit.

:(

The real sad thing is that I'd been wanting to play it for years. I mean, I usually like super low budget hack and slash games (Dynasty Warriors is one of my favorite series, despite how admittedly kinda bad it is), but this...it feels like it was designed by people who have no concept whatsoever of what makes a game fun.

Seraphis Cain
bad gameplay lol
(Today, 03:50 PM)

;)

But yeah, it's pretty much the worst game ever. I would know, I bought it at retail.

At least you get to look at an arse for basically the entire time.

ithorien

Oh shit...so I just this second remembered that a few months ago, I bought an indie bundle, and there was one more game yet to be revealed when I bought it. But I can't remember which indie bundle it was, and I never went back to get that last game...dammit.

If you create an account with the email you used, it should go through and find old purchases and toss them all conveniently into your newly made account. Then you can go back to the old ones and check what keys you haven't used.

more indie games are probably better off being bundled and sold at <$5

Most yes, but a game that well renown? Whilst it probably wouldn't make Bastion figures it's unlikely they'll make more money from this venture than a Steam sale going from figures from indie titles such as Dear Esther and Bastion [and comparing how little the Indie Royale makes compared to the Humble Bundles], unless of course there're other factors involved...

HoosTrax

New IndieRoyale is up. Steam keys for:

To The Moon
Oil Rush
Blackwell Deception
AVSEQ

Desura key for Reprisal.
Thanks for the heads up. I got confused for a minute there and thought it said "Oil Blue".

My backlog is getting unbearable thanks to Borderlands 2. Still need to play:
- Torchlight II
- Dustforce
- Rochard
- Vessel
- AVSEQ
- Blackwell Deception
- Oil Rush
- To The Moon

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Seraphis Cain
bad gameplay lol
(Today, 03:50 PM)

;)

But yeah, it's pretty much the worst game ever. I would know, I bought it at retail.

At least you get to look at an arse for basically the entire time.

I swear that wasn't my main motivating factor in getting the game...nope...

If you create an account with the email you used, it should go through and find old purchases and toss them all conveniently into your newly made account. Then you can go back to the old ones and check what keys you haven't used.

Create an account where? I can't remember which site I got the bundle from (I'm pretty sure it wasn't Humble Indie, so that one can be ruled out). EDIT: Okay, it may have been the Indie Royale summer bundle. In which case, I think the last game was The Journey Down, Part 1, which I'm not that concerned with.

derExperte

That's a great bundle, though I am suprised to see To The Moon for that price; has it gone on a [proper] Steam sale yet? Seems like a pretty bad business move if not.

It was on sale for 4$ on GOG afair. Also IndieRoyale doesn't sell crazy numbers like Humble Bundle so there will be still be a few people left that don't own it come christmas sale.

Echoplx

Blackwell Deception is amazing, you should all be buying this bundle and then buying the other blackwell games if you don't have them already.

Blackwell Deception is amazing, you should all be buying this bundle and then buying the other blackwell games if you don't have them already.

Blackwell is amazing. To The Moon is amazing. Everybody says everything is amazing, and I don't trust 'em anymore, not after the Serious Sam 3 recommendations, the playing of which was like pulling teeth. People said The Stanley Parable was amazing, and it is trite and stupid. What makes Blackwell amazing? What makes To The Moon also amazing? I mean this in a sincere, interested way, rather than lashing out at nothing like an insane person.

Nabs

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare should go up in a few hours. It's apparently Steamworks too. No reviews or anything yet, it should be interesting to see how it compares to Mount and Blade and War of the Roses.

Here's a review: It's fun as fuck.

If someone doesn't need a Blackwell Deception key, send it this way. I want to continue this damn story.

edit: oh its indie royal, i may have to jump on it then. to the moon as well? neat.

Miker

Blackwell is amazing. To The Moon is amazing. Everybody says everything is amazing, and I don't trust 'em anymore, not after the Serious Sam 3 recommendations, the playing of which was like pulling teeth. People said The Stanley Parable was amazing, and it is trite and stupid. What makes Blackwell amazing? What makes To The Moon also amazing? I mean this in a sincere, interested way, rather than lashing out at nothing like an insane person.

I think they're good games for their respective genre (not that I've played the Blackwell series). Blackwell games are supposed to be good point-and-clicks with a solid story, characterization, and puzzles that more or less make sense. To the Moon is a visual novel with a great premise, interesting story that works with the premise, and a fantastic soundtrack.

If you didn't like Serious Sam 3, it might've been cause you didn't like the genre, or the first few levels were awful and not indicative of the batshit insanity of the series.

ithorien

Create an account where? I can't remember which site I got the bundle from (I'm pretty sure it wasn't Humble Indie, so that one can be ruled out). EDIT: Okay, it may have been the Indie Royale summer bundle. In which case, I think the last game was The Journey Down, Part 1, which I'm not that concerned with.

That's my bad, auto assumed Humble.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
New IndieRoyale is up. Steam keys for:

To The Moon
Oil Rush
Blackwell Deception
AVSEQ

Desura key for Reprisal.
How much is the minimum? Site is blocked here at work.

Is To the Moon that top-down RPG with a great story? A GAFfer was talking about it not long ago, and I said I'd check the demo (I forgot). And Wikipedia tells me Blackwell Deception is the fourth game of a series, I'm not sure I wanna jump directly to the last one.

dani_dc

How much is the minimum? Site is blocked here at work.

Is To the Moon that top-down RPG with a great story? A GAFfer was talking about it not long ago, and I said I'd check the demo (I forgot). And Wikipedia tells me Blackwell Deception is the fourth game of a series, I'm not sure I wanna jump directly to the last one.

The minimum right now is around 3.75&#8364;, that value will go up and down through the duration of the sale. The usual Indie Royal bundles vary between 3.5 and 4.7 for most of their duration I would say.

Here's a review: It's fun as fuck.

If someone doesn't need a Blackwell Deception key, send it this way. I want to continue this damn story.

edit: oh its indie royal, i may have to jump on it then. to the moon as well? neat.

I want to try Chivalry, but with Mark of the Ninja in Steam too I might as well rob a bank at this point. How much is it though? I miss when Steam tells us how much an upcoming game will cost, as well as having their own page.

Oh, here's an Oil Rush key if anyone's interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom