• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

That's a shame. I was really looking forward to it. Been itching for a mech game for a while.

What's the problem with GFWL? Don't let that stop you from playing such a fun game. I know people have issues with GFWL updates and the like but I've played plenty of GFWL games and had great success with co-op. RE5, the early Dawn of War games, etc.

catabarez

What's the problem with GFWL? Don't let that stop you from playing such a fun game. I know people have issues with GFWL updates and the like but I've played plenty of GFWL games and had great success with co-op. RE5, the early Dawn of War games, etc.

GFWL is not supported in some regions.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
In my particular case, region locking (newer games aren't available here) and lacking a PayPal account, so I can't get someone else to buy the game for me.

VALIS

so what happens happens if i'm playing dishonored when steam goes down

Presumably nothing since I'd assume the game's always-on DRM needs to be in touch with Ubi servers, not Steam or Ubi-via-Steam.

edit: If the game even uses always-on. But otherwise I'm not sure why you'd be asking.

eyeless

Presumably nothing since I'd assume the game's always-on DRM needs to be in touch with Ubi servers, not Steam or Ubi-via-Steam.

edit: If the game even uses always-on. But otherwise I'm not sure why you'd be asking.
because of steam's history with offline mode, or lack thereof. maybe there's something that happens with achievements like how xbox ones don't have timestamps. i don't know, i'm asking because i've never been playing a game when steam went down, basically.

edit: and what i do have experience with is trying to play a game with no connection and not being able to do so.

iavi

Dishonored isn't Ubi.

Hm. Wonder how Mark of the Ninja would perform on my PC. I know it's not exactly some technical behemoth, but still. I want it, however I'm not sure I want to gamble $15 and find out it doesn't run that great.

1-D_FTW

Hm. Wonder how Mark of the Ninja would perform on my PC. I know it's not exactly some technical behemoth, but still. I want it, however I'm not sure I want to gamble $15 and find out it doesn't run that great.

I can't imagine it's any more demanding than Shank 1 or 2. If you don't own either, you can download the demo for either one.

Sajjaja

This helped me. I run Shank 2 fine and the tweet said Mark of Ninja isn't much different than Shank 2. So just check the Shank 2 demo.

because of steam's history with offline mode, or lack thereof. maybe there's something that happens with achievements like how xbox ones don't have timestamps. i don't know, i'm asking because i've never been playing a game when steam went down, basically.

edit: and what i do have experience with is trying to play a game with no connection and not being able to do so.

Outside of multiplayer games which rely on Steam for matchmaking (and TF2's item system), you should still be able to play your Steam games fine. Sure, Steam Achievements and Cloud might not update, but they're fairly minor things.

Nabs

There's a 25% off code at AmazonDD. It doesn't include point cards, XCOM, and Borderlands 2. It includes pre-orders: SQRLUVOC

I just picked up Blops 2 for $45

Hitman Absolution comes out to $28ish if you have that $5 coupon from the last deal.

There's a 25% off code at AmazonDD. It doesn't include point cards, XCOM, and Borderlands 2. It includes pre-orders: SQRLUVOC

I just picked up Blops 2 for $45

Hitman Absolution comes out to $28ish if you have that $5 coupon from the last deal.

So, I guess Black Ops 2 is Steamworks?

At first I wasn't interested but then I heard they're bringing back Gungame and One In The Chamber without them being wager matches and now I am. :(

stuminus3

Awesome. I was having internet issues and now steam is crapping out! WTF! Community site is down at steampowered.com
If you disconnect your PC from the internet you can launch Steam in Offline mode (then reconnect to the internet if you want, though Steam is still offline) you can at least get to your games while it's out.

No Torchlight II for me tonight though, my last Steam Cloud save is from my laptop at work. Bah @ this digital future!

If you disconnect your PC from the internet you can launch Steam in Offline mode (then reconnect to the internet if you want, though Steam is still offline) you can at least get to your games while it's out.

No Torchlight II for me tonight though, my last Steam Cloud save is from my laptop at work. Bah @ this digital future!

you know you can just save it on your hdd,flash,etc right?

Sajjaja

Mark of the Ninja.... all of you get it. It's a damn shame only 507 people played it on the day it released on PC :mad:

EVERYONE GET IT NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom