• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Mark of the Ninja.... all of you get it. It's a damn shame only 507 people played it on the day it released on PC :mad:

EVERYONE GET IT NOW.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having a blast. A demo of the first level would work wonders.

Btw, that number only represents the concurrent peak, so it's far larger than 507.

I can't find the actual DD trading thread, so I'll ask it here: anyone willing to trade their Quantum Conundrum Steam key (likely from the Amazon Bundle) for my Steam code for Blackwell Deception?

You asshole :mad: Support good games.

I take some umbrage with this. He's not being an "asshole" for waiting on a game to hit a pricepoint he can afford and/or he feels comfortable with. He's not pirating it; he's waiting for market prices to reduce the cost so it goes within his wanted pricerange. That's like enjoying some new sausage at a grocery store, and then getting pissed at someone for thinking it's too expensive because they should "support good meat" because otherwise the store might not carry that sausage anymore. Wow, this was a forced metaphor...

Anyway, it's not like he's pirating it. Honestly, if it wasn't for Steam sales, I doubt 1/10th of these indie games would even be coming out--on PC, at least.

Salsa

Yeah, I feel bad about not having money to support mark the ninja, stop making me feel worse gaf. was looking forward to it

D3RANG3D

good answer bro

iZJhJcDvcplxm.png

Are peoples sarcasm detector broken tonight or what?

I don't spend that much on games 2D or 3D, I am just a cheap ass, but I find you guy's emotional investment in this hobby adorable.

Xanathus

Has anyone else noticed that Steam now has the worst discounts and offers compared to the other DD services? GMG beats them soundly on new and pre-orders, Amazon has more frequent sales on AAA games, Origin hands out free games (lol). It seems like Steam is getting complacent and resting on its laurels.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I played Mark of the Ninja at PAX and was waiting for the Steam version, but let me say what I played at PAX was amazing. And I wasn't a particular fan of Shank, I should mention.

Fun Fact!

Rocksteady Studios first game was Urban Chaos: Riot Response. They then came up with Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Urban Chaos: Riot Response wasn't half bad iirc.

Not a fan of Shank too actually, but Mark of The Ninja is fabulous.

Cool - I'll be sure to give it a go, I'm just wary. Wish there was a demo. Shank was so, so repetitive. Nice looking and all, but the execution was awful.

Forkball

I put in about 2 hours of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. It's a lot of fun and pretty different from Mount & Blade or War of the Roses. I don't think the combat is quite as deep since there are no directional swings, just an regular attack, overhead, and jab. It is fast-paced and it's easy to get kills, but still manages to have a semblance of positioning and strategy so it doesn't devolve into a spam fest. You can die very easily, so you have to put some though into when you will attack. The objectives are also really different and some are pretty cool (protect a king in the throne room, attack villages, sink ships etc.) I know a lot of people are asking "Which is better, War of the Roses or Chivalry?" and really they are two completely different games. I like Chivalry's modes, but I like War of the Roses more diverse combat. I honestly think both are worth picking up if you like these types of games. I know WotR will be supported fairly well, so I hope Chivalry is as well.

Aaron

And it was fucking BOSS
Damn right it was. The riot shield mechanic for mobile cover was genius, and the weapons had a real sense of punch and power to them. The final assault rifle you get in Urban Chaos is one of the best videogame weapons of all time.

Mark of the Ninja though, I'll wait until it shows up in an indie bundle. All these sort of games do, and most of the time I foolishly bought them already.

Toki767

Mark of the Ninja though, I'll wait until it shows up in an indie bundle. All these sort of games do, and most of the time I foolishly bought them already.

This is the main reason why I'm not jumping on it yet. Shank ended up on a Humble Bundle so I wouldn't be surprised if Mark of the Ninja did as well.

1-D_FTW

Has anyone else noticed that Steam now has the worst discounts and offers compared to the other DD services? GMG beats them soundly on new and pre-orders, Amazon has more frequent sales on AAA games, Origin hands out free games (lol). It seems like Steam is getting complacent and resting on its laurels.

Honestly, other that that first summer sale where they knocked everyone's socks off (by going from married to retail prices to 75 percent off), they've never really been the most aggressive.

The rest is easily explained by publishers rightly wanting to keep the competition strong so Steam doesn't get a monopoly. I have no doubt they do give the alternatives better deals for this reason. Plus, it's easy to get super aggressive when you're just selling a Steam code. Valve has to fund large infrastructure with the profits on their "codes".

1-D_FTW

I am one of the Mark of the Ninja buyers. It is awesome.

Yes you are. You're one of only four people on my FL who own it (there is a notable omission;). It's been getting steadily added to people's wish list, though, so hopefully it gets some nice legs (and they don't add it to any bundles before it gets real sales).

I'll pick it up when it drops below 10. I've got 1 hour logged on Steam for the past two weeks. It's just not a heavy gaming period for me right now. And while I want to reward their support, I'm not going above 10 dollars when I know it's not going to be played for a while.

Mark of the Ninja.... all of you get it. It's a damn shame only 507 people played it on the day it released on PC :mad:

EVERYONE GET IT NOW.

I picked up a copy yesterday but may not be able to play until this weekend. I wanted to try it out yesterday but Chivalry sucked me in for nearly 4 hours.

On that note, I still have 1 copy of Chivalry left for $18.75. PM me if you want it.

Sajjaja

I take some umbrage with this. He's not being an "asshole" for waiting on a game to hit a pricepoint he can afford and/or he feels comfortable with. He's not pirating it; he's waiting for market prices to reduce the cost so it goes within his wanted pricerange. That's like enjoying some new sausage at a grocery store, and then getting pissed at someone for thinking it's too expensive because they should "support good meat" because otherwise the store might not carry that sausage anymore. Wow, this was a forced metaphor...

Anyway, it's not like he's pirating it. Honestly, if it wasn't for Steam sales, I doubt 1/10th of these indie games would even be coming out--on PC, at least.

Yeah...not an over reaction at all....It is hard to detect my tone of that word over the internet I guess. It was a friendly "asshole."

I don't trust the Shank devs, because Shank is shit and wank.

This plays extremely well and everyone and GAF is giving it nothing but praise.

Shank 1 came in a bundle, but Shank 2 has yet to come in one and its been out for a while. You might not be playing this game anytime soon if you wait.

This is the main reason why I'm not jumping on it yet. Shank ended up on a Humble Bundle so I wouldn't be surprised if Mark of the Ninja did as well.
It won't be anytime soon.
Is Mark of the Ninja fun with the keyboard + mouse?
It's great with a mouse and keyboard.

GAF can really overpraise things sometimes, not due to any kind of "hive-mind" but because fans all tend to get together in one place, wanting others to join them so unwittingly becoming "salesmen" of a game. I'm not convinced from what I've seen of Mark of the Ninja just yet, and don't trust the devs (I know I go on about it a lot but Shank is one of the biggest disappointments I've had in gaming), but one of my friends bought it, so I'll try it at his this weekend.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Shank 1 came in a bundle, but Shank 2 has yet to come in one and its been out for a while. You might not be playing this game anytime soon if you wait.
I hope you realize most people in this thread are fine with that.

Look, if the game's that good it doesn't need a defense force. You've made your point. Feel free to laugh at us when we buy it n months later and fill up the front page with LTTP threads lamenting our ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom