• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

Chivalry got my money, Mark of the Ninja will have to wait for a sale, which I'm sure the developers would rather hear instead of me not buying it at all.

louiedog

So Mark of the Ninja is published by microsoft of Steam?

I kinda want to play it, but I'd rather not give microsoft money.

Why don't you want to give Microsoft money?

This is a good product. It came to PC fairly quickly after the 360 release, seemingly as soon as Klei got it ready. It has no GFWL.

If you want to encourage Microsoft to become a good company with good practices, at least in the games space, this seems like the place to show them with your wallet.

1-D_FTW

Why don't you want to give Microsoft money?

This is a good product. It came to PC fairly quickly after the 360 release, seemingly as soon as Klei got it ready. It has no GFWL.

If you want to encourage Microsoft to become a good company with good practices, at least in the games space, this seems like the place to show them with your wallet.

Pretty much. Boycotting and having GFWL titles outselling a Steamworks title isn't going to convince them to embrace Steamworks on the PC.

Now it could easily be argued it won't matter either way. And I certainly wouldn't pressure anyone to spent their money just to reward good behavior. But it's also silly to boycott something when it's actually doing the opposite of the intended behavior.

xJavonta

Banned
What is exactly wrong with GFWL? I have some boxed retail GFW and GFWL that I havent installed yet, what problems exactly will I have?
The only problem I have with it is that the Steam Overlay gets messed up with the GFWL overlay in Big Picture Mode. Other than that I don't have any issues with it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
What is exactly wrong with GFWL? I have some boxed retail GFW and GFWL that I havent installed yet, what problems exactly will I have?

Stump's post on GFWL is always good to reference: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25072153&postcount=146

Even ignoring all those issues, it's simply inferior to Steamworks in pretty much every way. There's no advantage to using it unless you're really, really big on Xbox achievements. It's not a dealbreaker for me, but PC gaming would be better off without it.

Stump's post on GFWL is always good to reference: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25072153&postcount=146

Even ignoring all those issues, it's simply inferior to Steamworks in pretty much every way. There's no advantage to using it unless you're really, really big on Xbox achievements. It's not a dealbreaker for me, but PC gaming would be better off without it.
I'm reading the post, thanks.

I don't intend to spend much time with GFWL, I just have a couple of FPS to finish and thats it.

Nabs

One image review of Mark of The Ninja.

2090086-BATMAN-THUMBS-UP30_super.jpg

Seriously, someone should give Klei the license to do a 2D Batman game.

YES

Kurtofan

I just bought KOTOR 2 and I want to know if there are essential mods?

I have the restoration content mod but it doesn't seem to work.

help ;-;

Edit: oh it works now.

Wok

Shank 1 came in a bundle, but Shank 2 has yet to come in one and its been out for a while. You might not be playing this game anytime soon if you wait.

I got Shank 2 for free on another digital distribution platform. Mark of the Ninja will have to wait for me to finish the previous game.

Aaron

How is Viking? Is it a European Dynasty Warriors without the cute chicks?
Not really. Imagine God of War in a semi-open world with stealth kills, and occasional sections where shit goes absolutely bananas where enemies fill the screen until you can't see the ground and dragons are wheeling overhead.

Li Kao

@echothreealpha
Hmm, I wouldn't say Dynasty Warriors. More like open world 3d actionner with some massive battles.
When thinking about a comparison, I tend to think about Assassin's Creed 1. It has the same open world with missions structure and saddly the same repetitive vibe, a little less so but still.

But for a popcorn no brainer I really liked it when it was originally released. The only really bad moment was an annoying end boss.
But I don't know, the game is certainly not overpriced, and if a sequel was annouced I would be all over it, but this is just a good 2008 game. Not stellar or anything, just good.

1-D_FTW

Sad thing is, I can see some gaffers throwing titles out, forgetting they hated it, and rebuying it during some sale.

They'd really need to implement some red warning on the store page. WARNING: YOU HATE THIS GAME! DON'T REBUY!

louiedog

Sad thing is, I can see some gaffers throwing titles out, forgetting they hated it, and rebuying it during some sale.

They'd really need to implement some red warning on the store page. WARNING: YOU HATE THIS GAME! DON'T REBUY!

I find it very easy to create a category for games I have no interest in, betas that were automatically added, etc. and just collapsing the list. I never see them. There's no worry of rebuying.

I beat Viking on the Xbox years ago, and it's actually a pretty solid game that was worth playing through. That said, it gets pretty tedious at times and I'm not sure if I'd go through it again, but for $15 it's worth a pickup.

I've got the memory of an elephant about these things too, but I'm just saying. I could see it being posted by someone.

I've made a little text file with the shit list. These are what i'm getting removed if all goes well:

Alien Breed 2
And Yet It Moves
Aquaria
Bullet Candy
Conflict: Denied Ops
Cogs
Counter Strike: Condition Zero
Counter Strike: Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes
Day of Defeat
Deathmatch Classic
Flora's Fruit Farm
FUEL
Grand Theft Auto III MAC Edition (not PC)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City MAC Edition (not PC)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas MAC Edtion (not PC)
Gratuitous Space Battles
Hammerfight
Infernal
Jolly Rover
Just Cause
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Lugaru HD
Mount & Blade (original, NOT Warband)
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Project Snowblind
Ricochet
Rogue Warrior
Runespell
The Scourge Project: Episode 1 and 2
Samorost 2
Shadowgrounds
Shadowgrounds Survivor
Skydrift
Super Laser Racer
Team Fortress
TOCA Race Driver 3
Trauma
Really Big Sky
Trials 2: Second Edition
The Wonderful End of the World
Zombie Driver
Shellshock 2: Blood Trails

MDSLKTR

Why would you want to delete the games from your list? We all have some absolute filth in our libraries that we don't want to be reminded of even wasting some hard drive space on, but calling customer service for that?
My crap games get lost in the library and if anything it boosts the total games available, always good for the ego.

I've made a little text file with the shit list. These are what i'm getting removed if all goes well:

I might totally play some of those out of extreme boredom.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I find it very easy to create a category for games I have no interest in, betas that were automatically added, etc. and just collapsing the list. I never see them. There's no worry of rebuying.
Or just keep them uninstalled and make Steam only show you your installed games.

louiedog

There are a couple of games on that list that may turn 2 minutes of save file loading into ticket (or whatever system they use) earning achievements in a couple of months.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Why would you want to delete the games from your list? We all have some absolute filth in our libraries that we don't want to be reminded of even wasting some hard drive space on, but calling customer service for that?
My crap games get lost in the library and if anything it boosts the total games available, always good for the ego.
quality is more important than quantity

Unity of Command just hit Steam... and it's only $14.99.

This. This is a good turn based strategy game.

Ever play Panzer General II? You like Squad Leader when it came in a big box that had to be stuck in a bookshelf? Are you old, like me?

Then you will like... nay... love Unity of Command.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom