• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unity of Command just hit Steam... and it's only $14.99.

This. This is a good turn based strategy game.

Ever play Panzer General II? You like Squad Leader when it came in a big box that had to be stuck in a bookshelf? Are you old, like me?

Then you will like... nay... love Unity of Command.

Yes!!! Just what I was looking for a good tactical wargame. Glad they weren't just stuck to being released only on Matrix Games' website. I hope the Close Combat reboot that hits next year will be sold on Steam to get more exposure.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wish they would. I could probably get $100 at least with all of these shitty indie games I have, not to mention a lot of bigger bad games like Darksiders 2.

I was going to say that perhaps the Federation of German Consumer Organisation's stern warning to Valve may force its hand, but apparently said group's bark is worse than its bite -- there hasn't been any news since and Valve's deadline expired a week ago.

Says the poster buying multi player dlc for games that don't even have anyone playing. It's safe to say that you are unhinged.

:(

I've made a little text file with the shit list. These are what i'm getting removed if all goes well:

Alien Breed 2
And Yet It Moves
Aquaria
Bullet Candy
Conflict: Denied Ops
Cogs
Counter Strike: Condition Zero
Counter Strike: Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes
Day of Defeat
Deathmatch Classic
Flora's Fruit Farm
FUEL
Grand Theft Auto III MAC Edition (not PC)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City MAC Edition (not PC)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas MAC Edtion (not PC)
Gratuitous Space Battles
Hammerfight
Infernal
Jolly Rover
Just Cause
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Lugaru HD
Mount & Blade (original, NOT Warband)
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Project Snowblind
Ricochet
Rogue Warrior
Runespell
The Scourge Project: Episode 1 and 2
Samorost 2
Shadowgrounds
Shadowgrounds Survivor
Skydrift
Super Laser Racer
Team Fortress
TOCA Race Driver 3
Trauma
Really Big Sky
Trials 2: Second Edition
The Wonderful End of the World
Zombie Driver
Shellshock 2: Blood Trails

What's wrong with COGS? I tried the demo and really liked it.

I suppose it's part OCD, part pride, part organization, and part avoiding the embarrassment of owning 380 games including Flora's Fruit Farm. Just something feels so dirty about having stains on your account that you can't get rid of. It's not like having a crap game in your physical collection that you can just sell. Also, sure, some of those may provide a few minutes of fun, but there is better quality fun to be had with all my other games. I have enough good stuff to play without worrying about the crap.

COGS never clicked with me and I don't like its style. Aquaria was boring and felt too indie.

JaseC

I suppose it's part OCD, part pride, part collection organization, and part avoiding the embarrassment of owning 380 games including Flora's Fruit Farm. Just something feels so dirty about having stains on your account that you can't get rid of. It's not like having a crap game in your physical collection that you can just sell. Also, sure, some of those may provide a few minutes of fun, but there is better quality fun to be had with all my other games, and I have good stuff to play without worrying about the crap.

I hope this is tomorrow's Daily.

Salsa

Cogs is good, but they patched in a new achievement after release and I never bothered to go back

2OiIm.png

screwing up my stats broooo

1-D_FTW

I suppose it's part OCD, part pride, part organization, and part avoiding the embarrassment of owning 380 games including Flora's Fruit Farm. Just something feels so dirty about having stains on your account that you can't get rid of. It's not like having a crap game in your physical collection that you can just sell. Also, sure, some of those may provide a few minutes of fun, but there is better quality fun to be had with all my other games. I have enough good stuff to play without worrying about the crap.

COGS never clicked with me and I don't like its style. Aquaria was boring and felt too indie.

Aquaria just took too damn long to get started. Then way overstays its welcome at the end. But in between, it's Metroid under water. With any pacing at all, the game could have been considered an absolute classic.

Funny thing about Toca 3, it'd probably be highly sought if you could actually trade it. That was the last Codemasters game before they started Gridifying. I'm sure people would love to have it in their library if they could buy it.

JaseC

I think SEGA got the whole Steam thing right, lately. Way to go.

It's a pity Sega is one of if not the worst offender when it comes to the Aussie Tax. Not because the price increase is high, but because it's applied to literally everything Sega has published on Steam, from base games to the cheapest of DLC.

Fantomex

It's a pity Sega is one of if not the worst offender when it comes to the Aussie Tax. Not because the price increase is high, but because it's applied to literally everything Sega has published on Steam, from base games to the cheapest of DLC.

You gotta step your Geography game up and move to the states :)

Tomodachi

I'm sorry about that, didn't mean to put salt in the wound :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
They were trying to tell you something with that one.

JaseC

kennah

It's not a huuugely great deal, but the MacHeist bundle for $29 includes steam keys for:

Jurassic Park
Sam and Max Devil's Playhouse
Strong Bad
Bejeweled 3
(and a bunch of Mac productivity software)

If it crosses a number of bundles sold, then Bioshock 2 gets added (though it doesn't specify if that one will be Steam or not)

http://macheist.com/

kennah

Zing!

Yeah, I wouldn't get it myself, but you never know, someone might be interested. I really like the TellTale stuff (even the bad ones). Will probably eventually pick up Jurassic Park, but not until it's like $5 or something.

dot

I don't get the HD label either, just call it ZD2. Still a fan of the first game and will pony up for this one.

Yeah that is a bit odd. I personally would've liked an update to the old game but i'll probably just get the HD version later since i liked the first one.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Is there a Political Machine 2012 four pack going on yet? $2.50 a piece.

Edit: Xelios is in, only two more spots to fill.

ezodagrom

First impressions about Viking, so far I only started new game, haven't even played, but first thing I noticed, it's locked at 30 fps.

Some people in the steam game hub have a weird bug where the game has no text at all, for me text works fine though. There's the possibility that the issue could be related to Nvidia graphics cards maybe? There's not enough info to make this conclusion though.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Political Machine 4-pack ($2.50 Paypal each):

1) Kipp
2) Xelios
3) The Rolling Cheese
4) Sysgen

Pack is done.

ArjanN

Let's face it, it's all OCD. :p

If you uninstall the stuff you don't like and set it to show installed games only you never even see those games again.

EDIT: I see someone already mentioned this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom