• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Freesia is.... interesting.

The battle system is fun, sort of like DMC in 2D but seriously that was a pretty bad demo. All you were fighting were these:

ss_41a4bfe22397aa0bba7e9aa30a4a0c9f073a4c7d.1920x1080.jpg

And here is the demo's end boss:

I don't think this is the best way to sell your game man.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
It would appear that Viking is part of the Total War collection. If you already have the collection then you should now find Viking in your library.

Bah. I have the old collection without Shogun rather than the new Master Collection. No free game :(

Deepo

Horrible truth... also, 30 fps :/

edit: Validated files, downloaded 1.5mB, started it again, same result... no text :/

And the wireless 360 pad isn't configured properly, so the look up and down is mapped to the left and right triggers. Guess I can configure that somewhere, but still: helluva port!

ezodagrom

And the wireless 360 pad isn't configured properly, so the look up and down is mapped to the left and right triggers. Guess I can configure that somewhere, but still: helluva port!
Logitech F310 is also not mapped properly, for example A is mapped to X.

Twinduct

No, it's one of the worst game I have ever played. Releasing it in its current state is a fucking joke.
Nobody was playing the beta anyway, it will be F2P before you know it.

Ouch ... I actually had to pull my 'pledge' for this during the Kickstarter ... had to buy gas heh.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
We wait four and a half years for a Viking Battle of Assgard port and the pad support is wonky and it's locked at 30FPS? C'mon, son.

Just an heads up regarding the NeoGAF Steam Group:

NeoGAF Steam Group is now private!

Unfortunately, due to the many NeoGAF Steam Group only giveaways on GAF we have been getting alot of lurkers on this group with the sole purpose of entering these giveaways. On top of this we've also been getting the occasional scammer/spammer. As such I've decided to make the group private. The only way anyone can join this group now is to be invited by existing members, and yes, any member can do it and is welcome to do it as long as he other user is another Gaffer.

If you don't have a friend in the group and want to join you can just PM me.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

Unfortunately, due to the many NeoGAF Steam Group only giveaways on GAF we have been getting alot of lurkers on this group with the sole purpose of entering these giveaways. On top of this we've also been getting the occasional scammer/spammer. As such I've decided to make the group private. The only way anyone can join this group now is to be invited by existing members, and yes, any member can do it and is welcome to do it as long as he other user is another Gaffer.

Should have been private long ago. I was surprised it was open

Should have been private long ago. I was surprised it was open

It wouldn't be necessarily easy to invite everyone and back when it was created it was either one or the other, you couldn't change after. So I left it open. But these steamgifts giveaways really messed things up recently.

Mrbob

As odd as this might sound, I've been waiting years for a PC version of Viking. I've come close to buying this game multiple times for 360 but always held off in case a PC version came. I am all for the Dynasty Warriorfication of PC gaming.

We wait four and a half years for a Viking Battle of Assgard port and the pad support is wonky and it's locked at 30FPS? C'mon, son.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, sad face time. :( Damn Sega is trash.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
New Iconoclast trailer, I imagine if dude if ever finishes this up it'd pop up on Steam eventually. Hopefully with steamworks this time around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZE7kGax7Ds&hd=1
Looks sweet. Really hope this guy finds success, all his other games are fantastic, but only one was sold and probably didn't do great. Hope people can see and appreciate the difference between this and "flash style" as some call it graphics/controls/engines...

MRORANGE

A lot of random people do use it as an outlet for communication for gaf if they are not members.

I understand where you're coming from but it's a still a bit of a negative, lots of pre-juniors post there as well.

I was almost about to buy, but then I realized it was MP based :(

No, it's one of the worst game I have ever played. Releasing it in its current state is a fucking joke.
Nobody was playing the beta anyway, it will be F2P before you know it.

"But it's from some of the makers of Battlefield 2!" *

*let this be a lesson that "from the makers of" can swing either way. It sounds like it's the polar opposite of a Dishonored or Sleeping Dogs.

Was surprised it was open back when I discovered Steamgifts.

mannerbot

It's not a huuugely great deal, but the MacHeist bundle for $29 includes steam keys for:

Jurassic Park
Sam and Max Devil's Playhouse
Strong Bad
Bejeweled 3
(and a bunch of Mac productivity software)

If it crosses a number of bundles sold, then Bioshock 2 gets added (though it doesn't specify if that one will be Steam or not)

http://macheist.com/

I'd actually be mildly interested in this for the productivity software, but I'm guessing all of that is Mac only. Oh well!

Mrbob

I'm thinking of getting Viking: Battle for Asgard from GMG. You guys think the framerate will get unlocked some time soon?

I hope so. I bought Viking from GMG without looking at this thread first. Going to hope for the best that issues get patched quickly.

Gintoki

What do you think of making a new group dedicated only for steamgifts/giveaways? GiantBomb has something similar to that. Just make the active members of steam gaf be mods to help you add members.

Croc

Banned
What do you think of making a new group dedicated only for steamgifts/giveaways? GiantBomb has something similar to that. Just make the active members of steam gaf be mods to help you add members.

Yeah I think this is a better idea. That way anyone is free to join the regular GAF group and they don't have to randomly see this post/thread to know to PM you if they want to join.

Plus it way narrows down leechers cause I'm sure there's already a ton of people in the GAF group who aren't active here who see the stuff on SG (as already evidenced).

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
My personal choice would be South Park but it will probably get around that price again.

How are you getting MotN for $2?

I've got the $10 credit from either XCOM or Dishonored on my account still, that and the %20 coupon.

Mark of The Ninja. You're not even sure if South Park is that good yet. Mark of The Ninja however, is 90% on metacritic.

True. Think I may need to watch the GiantBomb Quick Look again before I decide.

Yeah I think this is a better idea. That way anyone is free to join the regular GAF group and they don't have to randomly see this post/thread to know to PM you if they want to join.

Plus it way narrows down leechers cause I'm sure there's already a ton of people in the GAF group who aren't active here who see the stuff on SG (as already evidenced).

That can work. Also we need a better way to associate people from NeoGAF with the ones in the Steam community group.

louiedog

aerofly FS is now available on Steam and 15% off ($33.99) until October 24th.

Fulfill your dream of flying with aerofly FS! aerofly FS lets you enter the world of flying in a quality never seen before. aerofly FS sets a high value on realistic flight physics, highly detailed aircraft and terrain and smooth frame rates.
Genre: Simulation

ArjanN

If you've waited that long you might as well wait a bit longer for a patch. :p

Hah. Now that you mention it, I had Viking in my cart earlier, not MotN. South Park it is!

South Park isn't coming out for another like half a year, while Mark of the Ninja is awesome now.

Hakkuei

"But it's from some of the makers of Battlefield 2!" *

*let this be a lesson that "from the makers of" can swing either way. It sounds like it's the polar opposite of a Dishonored or Sleeping Dogs.

"From some of the makers of Battlefield" sure sounds sexier than "From the makers of Frontlines and Homefront" haha.

aerofly FS is now available on Steam and 15% off ($33.99) until October 24th.

Fulfill your dream of flying with aerofly FS! aerofly FS lets you enter the world of flying in a quality never seen before. aerofly FS sets a high value on realistic flight physics, highly detailed aircraft and terrain and smooth frame rates.
Genre: Simulation

Oh wow I did not expect to see this on Steam. It looks absolutely beautiful in videos and screenshots.

Does anyone know if they ever added any environments other than Switzerland and whether they implemented a day/night cycle and weather?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom