• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

louiedog

Wow, dungeon defenders updated for the 3rd time in 24 hours for me.

Yeah. They push out updates fairly frequently. It's better than it used to be. For the first couple of months it was 200+ MB updates 3x a week minimum. I probably downloaded 10+ GB for this 2-3 GB game since I got it. It's nothing like that anymore, but I guess the new DLC may be the reason this week. I keep it from downloading updates automatically for this reason.

Relax.MX

Yeah. They push out updates fairly frequently. It's better than it used to be. For the first couple of months it was 200+ MB updates 3x a week minimum. I probably downloaded 10+ GB for this 2-3 GB game since I got it. It's nothing like that anymore, but I guess the new DLC may be the reason this week. I keep it from downloading updates automatically for this reason.

I just uninstall the game 2 months ago...to much shit...its like SMNC but worst

Yeah I remember the old days, but they had toned it down so much recently that I didn't mind having it installed, but I guess there is something to do with this midweek sale that is causing more updates.

Derrick01

Banned
So does anyone know how to turn aging off on Sims 2? I don't know how the game expects me to fully level up my job and get a whole family in 25 in-game days. I'm 8 days in and haven't even been promoted yet because I don't have enough friends :(

edit: Nevermind I found a cheat that turns it off.

ShaneB

I don't know if it was mentioned yet, but Steam Greenlight has a section for concepts and non-game software now.

Hope this is a step forward in fixing my biggest pet peeve with Greenlight, how someone mentioned earlier that some of the games are not even made yet. =/ I had assumed greenlight would be "Vote for this game that is made and done, it gets accepted, and the following week is on Steam."

So does anyone know how to turn aging off on Sims 2? I don't know how the game expects me to fully level up my job and get a whole family in 25 in-game days. I'm 8 days in and haven't even been promoted yet because I don't have enough friends :(

edit: Nevermind I found a cheat that turns it off.

I hate aging in the Sims. First thing I turn off. I feel like time is wasting every day. I don't want my sims that I've worked so hard on to die of old age. Who's idea was that? "Let's take the worst part of real life and have people experience it in-game every couple dozen days". How depressing.

R1CHO

So... Viking shows a 360 gamepad picture on startup with this caption:

"designed for gamepad"

Yet it fails to work properly with my 360 wireless controller.

Fail!

Salsa

btw just beat XCOM on Normal - Ironman. Play that shit fellas, last mission was a highlight of the year for me (mission itself was eh, but what's a stake is what matters). So intense without the ability to load a save, every squad death was like a blow to my stomach. If I lost that mission (and I beat it with just one guy left), I would have been done for and it would have been 28 hours of wasted gameplay. Beating a game rarely feels this satisfying.

I see Edna & Harvey 2 was released but the first one is still missing. What the fuck Gaben.

I'm not sure what the point of Zombie Driver HD is, especially the name, but I'm glad that they give 50% off to owners of the original. One day. Maybe.

Unity of Command looks really good. If it wasn't for XCOM and Xenonauts I'd be on board.

Just finished Mark of the Ninja, fantastic game. I would highly recommend it, easily one of if not my favourite downloadable games this year. Does a great job making you feel like a badass ninja without resorting to bogging the thing down with QTEs or automating a lot of it. Gonna give it a bit of a break, then probably gonna hop back into ng+ with the Mark of Silence, no-kills playthrough sounds like an interesting way of spicing it up.

Derrick01

Banned
I hate aging in the Sims. First thing I turn off. I feel like time is wasting every day. I don't want my sims that I've worked so hard on to die of old age. Who's idea was that? "Let's take the worst part of real life and have people experience it in-game every couple dozen days". How depressing.

It's a pretty useless "feature". At the very least they should give you a lot more time before becoming old.

hylje said:
Crappy exploit but still an exploit. tldr;

I thought that only affected safari users?

Twinduct

It's a pretty useless "feature". At the very least they should give you a lot more time before becoming old.

You could change the option ingame right? I mean you turn it off and on when you wants to?
(Or this might have been with cheats).

Anyway that ol trick made everything weird though. Due to the weird age classes everyone is thrown in. Had like 5-8 working generations inside my household at one stage.

Derrick01

Banned
The exploit is possible with any software that can parse protocols and run external programs without user confirmation. Safari is just an example of that.

Well damn they better fix that soon. I don't remember Chrome ever warning me about anything.

You could change the option ingame right? I mean you turn it off and on when you wants to?
(Or this might have been with cheats).

Anyway that ol trick made everything weird though. Due to the weird age classes everyone is thrown in. Had like 5-8 working generations inside my household at one stage.

Yeah there's an easy to use cheat to turn it on and off.

Echoplx

Hmm, Asscreed weekend on GG, hope Steam gets the same thing, really want to pick up Brotherhood/Revelations now that I'm getting through number 2.

Hmm, Asscreed weekend on GG, hope Steam gets the same thing, really want to pick up Brotherhood/Revelations now that I'm getting through number 2.
I haven't played any game in the series yet, and the first 2 are really cheap on GG. I'm feeling really compelled to purchase them, but I'd rather buy the retail versions. How's the DRM status on the first 2 games? Is it safe to buy them used now?

Echoplx

I haven't played any game in the series yet, and the first 2 are really cheap on GG. I'm feeling really compelled to purchase them, but I'd rather buy the retail versions. How's the DRM status on the first 2 games? Is it safe to buy them used now?

Honestly, there's been so many changes to Ubisofts DRM lately I don't even know anymore. All I can tell you is that Asscreed 2 still requires uplay so second hand probably wouldn't work.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
GMG is having a Halloween Sale (thanks to Gray Wolf for the heads up) -- up to 75% off select titles, and the current 20% discount voucher (GMG20-FXYD1-7WHP1) stacks.

Steam-friendly stuff:

- Alan Wake (50% off; $14.97)
- Alan Wake: Collector's Edition (50% off; $17.47)
- Alan Wake: Collector's Edition Upgrade (50% off; $4.97)
- Alan Wake's American Nightmare (50% off; $7.47)
- All Zombies Must Die! (60% off; $3.99)
- All Zombies Must Die! Scorepocalypse DLC (60% off; $1.59)
- Darksiders (75% off; $4.99)
- Darksiders II (50% off; $24.99)
- Darksiders II Season Pass (75% off; $4.99)
- Darksiders II: Argul's Tomb DLC (60% off; $2.79)
- Darksiders II: Death Rides DLC (75% off; $1.49)
- Dead Island: GoTY Edition (50% off; $9.99)
- F.E.A.R. 3 (50% off; $9.99)
- Killing Floor (50% off; $9.99)
- Metro 2033 (75% off; $4.98)
- Postal III (50% off; $14.99)
- Risen 2: Dark Waters (66% off; $16.99)
- The Darkness II (75% off; $?? [A no-go for Aussie customers, apparently])

(BioShock and BioShock 2 are also on sale [both 50% off; both $9.99], and are listed on the Steam Support website as redeemable titles, however I don't know if GMG offers keys for Capsule titles, nor do I know if all Bio/Bio2 DD keys will redeem on Steam [F.E.A.R. 2 is iffy in this regard], so I decided to mention them separately to the above list.)

I myself just grabbed Dead Island GoTY for $8.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dammit, why don't they have the Risen 2 DLC on sale? I just picked up the game on the recent Steam sale, but I didn't pick up the DLC just in case I didn't love the game, but I am madly in love with it.

Picked up the Darksiders 2 Season Pass + Death Rides for 3.74$ total. <3 <3 GMG, a phenomenal Steam companion.

Ledsen

Dammit, why don't they have the Risen 2 DLC on sale? I just picked up the game on the recent Steam sale, but I didn't pick up the DLC just in case I didn't love the game, but I am madly in love with it.

Picked up the Darksiders 2 Season Pass + Death Rides for 3.74$ total. <3 <3 GMG, a phenomenal Steam companion.

Really? The impressions in the Risen 2 thread were overwhelmingly negative. Now you're making me consider it seeing as I still have $40 left on my GMG account.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Really? The impressions in the Risen 2 thread were overwhelmingly negative. Now you're making me consider it seeing as I still have $40 left on my GMG account.

If you loved the first Risen and are patient and willing to install a couple fixes, it's an incredible follow-up. If you didn't love the first Risen or have played it, I'd recommend checking that out first.

Joe Molotov

Darksiders II Season Pass for $5 lol, are they ever even going to release any of the content for that? It keeps getting cheaper and cheaper and they keep releasing more and more non-Season Pass DLC.

Darksiders II Season Pass for $5 lol, are they ever even going to release any of the content for that? It keeps getting cheaper and cheaper and they keep releasing more and more non-Season Pass DLC.

Is the Season Pass DLC any good? I haven't really played through the game yet so would it enhance it in any way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom