• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhusband

Neo Member
The only thing that's out is the (fairly awesome) armor. The two missions or whatever they're gonna call them haven't been properly outlined yet. I don't even think either has a date.

Echoplx

I've got a copy of Dota 2 in my inv to give away, anyone want it? (preferably someone who will actually play it, I know what some people here are like :p)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do you think guys that Dead Rising 2 will get a discount on a Halloween Sale?

It'd certainly fit the theme, but it's hard to be certain when the company in question is Capcom. During the Summer Sale the only two Capcom games that went beyond their general sale discount were SSFIV:AE and DR2:OTR, and many weren't discounted at all.

God I hope so. It was 50% off during the summer sale, but only for a few hours.

That was Off the Record, not the original game.

Edit: Oh, wait, the discount also applied to the original, albeit as was a general sale discount. Can't believe I missed that. :(

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

*dies of laughter *

that's a no :(

*Tess3ract rises as a zombie*

God I hope so. It was 50% off during the summer sale, but only for a few hours.

Yeah I missed that sale, I hope they put it on sale again :)

It'd certainly fit the theme, but it's hard to be certain when the company in question is Capcom. During the Summer Sale the only two Capcom games that went beyond their general sale discount were SSFIV:AE and DR2:OTR, and many weren't discounted at all.

That was Off the Record, not the original game.

I really want the original game and as I said before I missed the Off the Record sale :(, but I have faith that Capcom will make it right (hahahahaha ok no)

Thanks to everyone guys for your replies!

The first Dota was the reason I sucked so bad in my first years of college. Haven't touched it in years, I'm going to try Dota 2 for the first time in the weekend.
May god have mercy on your soul.

(Then again the most fanatic of my dota friends now own their own animation company that's arguably the most successful in my country.)

Any more impressions on Darkness 2? I've been interested for a while, but I'd like to know what sets it apart.

It's a decent shooter, with a really nice cell-shaded aesthetic and a story that is well executed and enjoyable. It's nothing amazing, but it is a fun way to spend the 5 hours or so it takes to play through and for that price I'd say go for it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You played Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Alan Wake, XCOM, Max Payne 3, Binary Domain, Mark of the Ninja, Sleeping Dogs, Jet Set Radio?

Just a small hand of my wishlist :p

Only some interest me, and I have played BD and JSR :p

BiggNife

Darkness 2 worth it if I haven't played 1?

It brings you up to speed on the events of the first game pretty quickly, and it's a great game. So yes.

Edit: To elaborate a little more, it's not groundbreaking or anything, but it's a well-made action-heavy shooter. It's short but well-paced, and the game does a good job of gradually introducing new enemies that require you to use your Darkness powers effectively rather than just running-and-gunning the whole time. And the plot won't win any oscars but it's good enough to keep things interesting. Absolutely worth 15-20 dollars.

grkazan12

Never mind, found the fix guys. Just needed to opt out of the beta, restart steam, then opt in the beta, restart steam and voila works again.

Salsa

Serious question, how is your played/finished/total games?

What games I play out of what I buy? Plenty actually, got way more free time this year

anytime you feel bummed about buying way more games than what you could play just think of JaseC and you'll feel bwtter

What do want? Flora's Fruit Farm! When do we want it? In about half an hour!

m4J4b.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
"Create a blossoming fruit farm empire in this tree growing, time and resource management game."

Because when I think of empires, what comes to mind is fruit farms.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
"Create a blossoming fruit farm empire in this tree growing, time and resource management game."

Because when I think of empires, what comes to mind is fruit farms.

It's a pity Ensemble didn't survive long enough to bestow upon the world Age of Fruit Farms.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Update: Steam GAF group now private.

An announcement was made today by Metalmurphy that the new rules are in effect due to issues with scammers/spammers & people only joining the group for giveaways. As a result the group has been made private and you must now be invited by an existing member. Any member may invite another gaffer.

It's in the OP now but thought I would post it here as well.

J-Tier

Update: Steam GAF group now private.

An announcement was made today by Metalmurphy that the new rules are in effect due to issues with scammers/spammers & people only joining the group for giveaways. As a result the group has been made private and you must now be invited by an existing member. Any member may invite another gaffer.

It's in the OP now but thought I would post it here as well.

Were members previously in cleaned up? I think I'm still in the group but I'm not particularly known in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom