• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Weekend Deal #1 is 50% off Sleeping Dogs ($24.99) (Excludes DLC :()

buy it guys, one of the GOTY contenders for this year, also looks sexy good:

if9VAGXL1Yotv.gif

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Sleeping Dogs is amazing, but I lost my save due to HDD failure (and stupidity of not using Game Save Manager + stupidity of a PC enhanced game not having cloud). Will have to start over but yeah, it's a blast.

DLC not being on sale is a crock though.

Tess3ract

Banned
mostly gpu based, a quad core will run better, but I could run it on low settings on my laptop a 2 ghz dual core , ati 4570 around 20fps at 1280x800

There is a demo btw.

Valve shirts btw

banner.png
Ew yuck. I have a 4890 and I refuse to play at anything but 1920x1200. also 20fps is my minimum, ideally 45 fps

"Create a blossoming fruit farm empire in this tree growing, time and resource management game."

Because when I think of empires, what comes to mind is fruit farms.

You should read this, it's interesting stuff. Maybe not an "empire" but dang close. I'm doubting that Flora's Fruit Farm allows for the option to bribe Colombian army officials to gun down striking workers, though if it did...insta-buy.

mostly gpu based, a quad core will run better, but I could run it on low settings on my laptop a 2 ghz dual core ati 4570 (laptop gpu ;p) around 20fps at 1280x800

There is a demo btw.

Valve shirts btw

banner.png

What laptop would that be? If it can run Sleeping dogs at those settings it sounds like it's just about what I'm looking for to play games like Borderlands/Dota 2 etc.

plc268

Ew yuck. I have a 4890 and I refuse to play at anything but 1920x1200. also 20fps is my minimum, ideally 45 fps

A 4890 is a desktop card (I'm assuming), and a 4570 is a mid/low tier notebook card that is a step above integrated graphics.

Hell, even high end mobile gfx cards still perform under mid tier desktop gfx cards.

MRORANGE

What laptop would that be? If it can run Sleeping dogs at those settings it sounds like it's just about what I'm looking for to play games like Borderlands/Dota 2 etc.

it's a old sony vaio sr, although it does dip, when in heavy npc area's although any modern day laptop can run this game very well, mbp 13 should be fine.

antitrop

Did anyone else have to completely re-download 15.7gb of The Witcher 2 this morning?

It says they allowed Mac play as of today, but I don't know why I have to re-download FIFTEEN FUCKING GIGABYTES for no reason. It totally sucks.

it's a old sony vaio sr, although it does dip, when in heavy npc area's although any modern day laptop can run this game very well, mbp 13 should be fine.

Just looking for something cheap, but capable of handling less demanding games. Laptop thread isnt very helpful for stuff like that.

I assume MBP is for Macbook? I don't buy apple products.

Caerith

Darksiders II Season Pass for $5 lol, are they ever even going to release any of the content for that? It keeps getting cheaper and cheaper and they keep releasing more and more non-Season Pass DLC.
I finally got around to playing the first Darksiders recently, but I think I'm going to wait for a GOTY edition of Darksiders II. There's just way too much stuff.

Kabouter

mostly gpu based, a quad core will run better, but I could run it on low settings on my laptop a 2 ghz dual core ati 4570 (laptop gpu ;p) around 20fps at 1280x800

There is a demo btw.

Tried to check out the demo, game won't start, just hangs at the ESRB rating screen. Guess no Sleeping Dogs for me.

I think even with Dishonored and XCOM out, Sleeping Dogs is still my frontrunner for GOTY. Hadn't had so much fun and been so engrossed in a game world for quite some time. Everyone must buy it.

Borderlands 2 would like a word with you

I've warmed up to that game more with the new character Gaige but I still found myself losing interest in it towards the end. I actually just finished last night and rushed through the last few main story missions, not even bothering with sidequests. The game just didn't hook me like the first did and I thought it was that I couldn't get into the main characters so I figured I'd wait for Gaige and see if things changed. They did a little but I realized it's the game I'm not that into it, not the characters themselves.

I don't think it "sucks" or anything but if I were to pick a "AAA" game of this year as my game of the year it would probably be Dishonored. XCOM would be close. I haven't played Max Payne 3, Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders II.

Is it that good? I might need to get it then.

I don't want to over-sell it, it's not the "best game ever" or anything. It being the best is probably more of a reflection on how poor this year has been so far. But it is pretty damn good in any case and most importantly FUN.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Update: Steam GAF group now private.

An announcement was made today by Metalmurphy that the new rules are in effect due to issues with scammers/spammers & people only joining the group for giveaways. As a result the group has been made private and you must now be invited by an existing member. Any member may invite another gaffer.

It's in the OP now but thought I would post it here as well.

I'm embarrassed to say this, but we have a NeoGAF Steam group?

Maybe I should "skim" the OP more thoroughly in threads that are several OT's long, LOL.

I'm gonna have to do some reading on groups and see how they work I guess. Never been a member of a Steam group before...

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So, my Steam is redownloading Witcher 2 for no reason... Unless they just released a 16GB patch... I hate this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom