• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Kingdoms of Amalur worth playing? I don't plan on going hard like JaseC or anything.

Play the demo. First part is a tutorial and then the next part is how the rest of the game plays. A lot like a single player version of an MMO. It has nice enough artwork and decent combat but the game never really elevates into something great.

xJavonta

Banned
What laptop would that be? If it can run Sleeping dogs at those settings it sounds like it's just about what I'm looking for to play games like Borderlands/Dota 2 etc.
Not sure if this helps, but I was watching AOTS the other day and showed footage of them playing Borderlands 2 on the ultra book they reviewed (Samsung Series 9). It ran pretty smoothly at lower settings and if I remember correctly it's specs are:

Core i5 @ 1.7 GHz
4GB Ram
Intel HD 4000 iGPU (actually quite the beast for an integrated GPU)

So nearly any ultrabook or laptop with a 4000+ will be able to run BL2. Dota 2 is much more CPU dependent than BL2, so that'll vary.

Is Kingdoms of Amalur worth playing? I don't plan on going hard like JaseC or anything.

For $10 I'd say for sure, $15 ehh why not, $20 is a stretch in my opinion. Anything higher than that and it's not worth it.

Sleeping Dogs looks fantastic but I'll wait until I get a better card (GTX 460 768mb).

My friend played his copy on my rig at an average of 50 FPS at 1440x900. Never dipped below 45 FPS, and most settings were turned up I believe. I'm running a 5670 1GB, which I believe is much weaker than your card.

jkoch

Anyone know how to get a controller to work with the Freesia demo, other than using joy to key? I'm using a PS3 controller with xbox 360 emulation through the motion joy tool. Thanks.

i couldnt believe it when dxhr dropped so fast, sp only games get slashed very fast

I just hope they make money though.

I'm not sure how it works, but maybe all those sales have actually helped Square Enix get more than just letting it be at full price.

Plus, I think it's great that those titles are on sale. They are the first (in DE's case; a reboot) in what could be good franchises, so it's good to have more people to be aware of it.

1-D_FTW

I just hope they make money though.

I'm not sure how it works, but maybe all those sales have actually helped Square Enix get more than just letting it be at full price.

Plus, I think it's great that those titles are on sale. They are the first (in DE's case; a reboot) in what could be good franchises, so it's good to have more people to be aware of it.

Sales were pretty awful in the first npd. Activision certainly can't have too many regrets about ditching it.

It's a good port if you don't mind the lack of graphics options.

Alright, cool. Bought it for $4.

Also bought the Darksiders II Season Pass for $4. I'm still wondering if I should pull the trigger on Darksiders II for $20 right now, or if it might go even lower in price soon...

DSmalls84

Also bought the Darksiders II Season Pass for $4. I'm still wondering if I should pull the trigger on Darksiders II for $20 right now, or if it might go even lower in price soon...

I would say it will almost definitely go lower in the Holiday sale. I would hold off unless you plan on playing it very soon.

didamangi

Don't forget you can force Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering in your graphic card control panel. Makes Darksiders look a whole lot prettier.

Tomodachi

Just finished Max Payne 3. It's a good shooter, a good game but it's not Max Payne at all. I mean, why even bother? They could have created a new ip, a new character, the series is not even that popular (not anymore at least, and it has never been popular on consoles).
I think I liked the story but in the end it's not that complex or deep, and the way it's told... ugh, the man does talk TOO DAMN MUCH. Jesus. Also those graphical effects during cutscenes: too many, too intense, just annoying after a while. I just want the series to go back to noir: it doesn't even have to be Remedy, I'm ok with them focusing on Alan Wake, just no more Brazil and generic thriller/gang/mob story please :(

Also, I really felt the lack of a good comprimary character. The only "good" character is Max (and that's only thanks to the previous games, he doesn't do much in this game), the other characters are totally forgettable.

At the end of the day I'm disappointed: good game but Max Payne was something more than a good shooter (and by the way maybe gameplay wasn't even as good as this to be honest). I think it could be said that MP3 lacks a soul, in a nutshell.

The Nvidia control panel should be at the right side on your start bar thing.

AA.png

Is this it? Which options should I force?

Rock of Ages is having a pretty big update (984.4 MB). Ace Team always updates the game for some events, so my guess is that it's Halloween related.

Anyone ever witnessed this gltich? They are doing free weekend for payday so they add it to my list like always. The thing is it added the game to an old category that doesn't even exist anymore since i deleted all games from it.

Tomodachi

I have the MSI 560 Ti Twin Frozr II and it's a bit on the noisy side when the fan is over 50% :|

Then again it's my first discrete video card with two big fans of its own so I wouldn't know :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom