• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't sign out intentially. I don't know how it signed me out, but I absolutely did not do so.
It doesn't make sense then. If you were signed in, you should have received the achievements. There is no reason for the client to "forcefully" sign you out - I've never seen it happen - but perhaps that is the case here.
Where would that be found?
I'm not sure about recovering the save. When any GFWL game boots up, it warns you that if you don't sign in your progress will not be saved. So assuming you were signed out, there won't be a save to recover.

You could possibly try the "Restoring without a backup" from this guide. I don't know whether it will help in this situation, but there is good information there for the future.

Salsa

played a couple co-op games today since a friend bought his own 360 wireless controller

Kane and Lynch is fine. It's pretty bad in some spots but at least it tries to do something interesting with the co-op aspects. Having the players do different objectives in some places and whatnot. The fact that it officially supports split-screen on PC gives it a bigger pass on looking through the shortcomings. We'll probably finish it and play the sequel.

Kung-Fu Strike is god awful. Half the time you have no idea what the fuck is going on and you just hold a button to juggle enemies till they die.

Lantern runs on Insanely twisted shadow planet are hard.

Guess I need to buy Castle Crashers now. Given the bad pricing it should be at least half-off on halloween..

xJavonta

Banned
Just saw this on Reddit. Holy shit it looks good.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=100519979&searchtext

Game was drawn entirely using ballpoint pens. Looks wonderful.

Edit: Screenies from the Greenlight page:

73E28B6E3AB7BA3B09A6AA9CD1E00A120BF181A1

9B5841CB7252E40B045F582ED6716C992ED5766F

05E2198BCEDC2847375C9731A2A53A01184C04CC

Blizzard

Banned
Enlighten me, I've never heard of such a thing. Not that I had any performance issues in the first place.
I think the new patch system does or did copy files to a temporary directory, and/or does something with lots of small pieces. Whatever it did, the result on my system (and those certain other posters if I recall correctly) was whenever DOTA 2 updated, once or twice a week, my computer would nearly come to a halt as the hard disk ground away, loudly, with constant disk activity, for maybe 5-7 minutes straight. After that, the computer and Steam would become usable again. It was almost as if it got a higher priority than other threads or disk access on the system, and since it was happening to multiple people I don't think it's just my hard disk failing or something (though maybe it is, for all I know).

Caerith

Ya, it's an incredibly loose and flimsy comparison, but I don't know how else to describe MotN.
It's like a 2D Dishonored, maybe? Shank was an arcadey brawler, Mark of the Ninja is a stealth game (and all other stealth games of note have been 3D). The Quick Look really is the best way to explain it.

antitrop

It's like a 2D Dishonored, maybe? Shank was an arcadey brawler, Mark of the Ninja is a stealth game (and all other stealth games of note have been 3D). The Quick Look really is the best way to explain it.
Absolutely. I linked TotalBiscuit a few threads up. He does a fair job of explaining the game. Usually just a bit more serious and to the point than the Quick Looks.

Just saw this on Reddit. Holy shit it looks good.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=100519979&searchtext

Game was drawn entirely using ballpoint pens. Looks wonderful.

Edit: Screenies from the Greenlight page:

I backed this and actually received a bunch of stuff for doing so (poster, framed artwork, artbook). It use to be called College-Ruled Universe but was changed because, I guess, ruled paper is only a thing in America, or something? I don't know. He didn't want people from other countries getting confused is why he changed it.

Anyway, here's an old Flash demo: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/592452

Caerith

Absolutely. I linked TotalBiscuit a few threads up. He does a fair job of explaining the game. Usually just a bit more serious and to the point than the Quick Looks.
Either way, Giant Bomb or Total Biscuit, MotN is one of those games you just have to see to grok.

xJavonta

Banned
I backed this and actually received a bunch of stuff for doing so (poster, framed artwork, artbook). It use to be called College-Ruled Universe but was changed because, I guess, ruled paper is only a thing in America, or something? I don't know. He didn't want people from other countries getting confused is why he changed it.

Anyway, here's an old Flash demo: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/592452

If I knew about it's kickstarter I definitely would have thrown a few bucks their way. Will be buying it, regardless of if it gets Greenlit or not.

As for the old title, I think it could be taken as a game about colleges ruling the world rather than a game about drawings on college ruled notebook paper. I don't know lol

Exuro

Is it a fluke that Rocksmith by Ubisoft has achievements? Somewhat surprised by that.

Also is the game itself any good? I was super interested when I first heard about it.

Is it a fluke that Rocksmith by Ubisoft has achievements? Somewhat surprised by that.

Also is the game itself any good? I was super interested when I first heard about it.
http://twitter.com/crossieRS/status/231053223681724416

as per the x360 and PS3 versions, there is no UPlay in Rocksmith.

I haven't seen any reason given for the lack of Uplay. They went with Steam only, thus the achievements are on there instead of tied up with Uplay, like the other Ubisoft games.

It probably is a fluke, as I doubt they would ditch Uplay completely.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Honestly it feels like a 2d Chaos Theory. Sam Fisher always felt like a ninja in that game.

I found it the most hilarious bit in Sleeping Dogs. Mostly because all the songs are what you will often hear if you're in a karaoke booth all over Asia.

Fact that they had Wei sing Take On Me was bloody marvelous too.

Haha, nice. They went all out apparently. I don't know how faithful it is but I was surprised to see a Cabtonese subtitle option. Hope it's successful.

Toki767

I found it the most hilarious bit in Sleeping Dogs. Mostly because all the songs are what you will often hear if you're in a karaoke booth all over Asia.

Fact that they had Wei sing Take On Me was bloody marvelous too.

The most hilarious part in Sleeping Dogs is the message you get in one of the karaoke missions.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is this bug still in the game? (The quality is a little crappy since I had to compress the video to a size that wouldn't take me hours to upload at ~30KBps.)

Edit: I hope you remembered to download the high-res textures DLC.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
never had it

You should follow those instructions and try it for yourself, just to be sure. When done in sequence, it happened to me every single time. It was hilarious the first few times, but then I'd forget about it and have to reload my previous save if my car became stuck in the ether. :p

Nymerio

I have a DOTA 2 beta invite to give away, as well as keys for Just Cause, Just Cause 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Augmented Edition), The Missing Link, Supreme Commander and Hitman Blood Money.

Quote and I'll send you a PM.

Firehead

I have a DOTA 2 beta invite to give away, as well as keys for Just Cause, Just Cause 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Augmented Edition), The Missing Link, Supreme Commander and Hitman Blood Money.

Might I be able to get DOTA2 for my friend?

yoshizzle

Just Cause please?

Edit: Thanks!

Spazo

Can I get the Missing link ?

Thx for this great give away !

edit: for anyone interessed, Im giving a key for Planetside 2 beta here

Risgroo

Supreme Commander, please?

EDIT: Thanks!

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member

The Missing Link please?

edit: I'm blind

just picked up Sleeping Dogs from Amazon ($18...can't be beat) and added it to steam.

saw that it has a little 'tm' next to the name...so thats irritating.

/1stworldproblems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom