• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
To celebrate hitting 400 games in my library (thanks Indiegala!), I have one key for Lead and Gold and one for Strangers Wrath HD to give away. Quote me with the key you want and you just might find it in your PM inbox.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I literally do not understand the design for IndieGala.com. I actually don't know what I am buying. Pay more than $5.78 and get ... what?

It seems like:

<$1
Omegalodon DRM free
Praetorians DRM free

$1-$5.78
Omegalodon DRM free + Desura
Praetorians DRM free
Majesty 2 Steam
East India Company Steam

$5.78+
Omegalodon DRM free + Desura
Praetorians DRM free
Majesty 2 Steam
East India Company Steam
Lead and Gold Steam
Knights of Honor Steam
Europa Universalis Rome Steam
Elven Legacy Steam
Hearts of Iron III Complete Steam
+ 3 random bonuses, two Steam

Is this correct?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
You get 2 steam games and a drm free game in a week or whatever.

I don't understand how that's not clear...

This is not good design. What is the text attached to?

Q4cDf.png

hSsbf.png

dNlvU.png

I know, I'll click the info button to see!

You have to pay at least $1 to unlock Majesty 2 and East India Company and to get the Desura key for Omegalodon!

Okay, so there's a separate $1 requirement listed nowhere.

Purchases less than $1 will receive DRM free version of Omegalodon WIN/MAC and Praetorians game.

Wait, do I get Praetorians when I pay more than $1, or only when I pay less than $1?

Also, to prevent abuses, we had to put few simple rules:
1) Only purchases worth at least $1 will obtain GalaPoints
2) It Will not be possible to buy gifts worth less than $1
3) Only BTA people will be qualified 'early buyer' for the Happy Hour ( if an HappyHour will be )

Only BTA people will be qualified 'early buyer' for the Happy Hour (if an HappyHour will be )

Well, that clarifies everything.

What, by the way, is BTA? Does the page say "Beat the Average" anywhere so that people would actually know what BTA is? Does the page actually say what the $5.78 threshold is for?

Spend your galpoints at the Gala Store

Are galpoints the same thing as gala points or GalaPoints?

Click here to join IndieGala lobby

What's a lobby? Why am I joining it? *clicks* Oh, a chat room? Is this official or unofficial? Is it for support or just chatting?

Why is the time left in seconds? How many seconds old are you? I can't wait for 15,500,000 seconds from now, it'll be this time next year and we'll have this conversation about IndieGala 35.

$150.00 FULL Retail Price

Omegalodon: $9.89
Praetorians: Does not actually appear to be for sale anywhere
Majesty 2: Is this the collection or just the main game? Why bother telling anyone? $9.99
East India Company: $9.99
EU Rome Gold: $9.99
Knights of Honor: $9.99
Elven Legacy: Is this the collection or just the main game? Why bother telling anyone? $4.99
Hearts of Iron 3 Complete: $14.99
Lead and Gold: $9.99

Total: $80. Yep, $150 FULL Retail Price alright!

I wonder what GalaFund is...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/base/python_runtime/python_lib/versions/1/google/appengine/ext/webapp/_webapp25.py", line 710, in __call__
handler.get(*groups)
File "/base/data/home/apps/s~indiegala-prod/1.362565237511984224/bundle.py", line 266, in get
self.response.out.write(template.render('templates/galafund.html', None))
File "/base/python_runtime/python_lib/versions/1/google/appengine/ext/webapp/template.py", line 91, in render
t = _load_user_django(template_path, debug)
File "/base/python_runtime/python_lib/versions/1/google/appengine/ext/webapp/template.py", line 111, in _load_user_django
old_settings = _swap_settings(new_settings)
File "/base/python_runtime/python_lib/versions/1/google/appengine/ext/webapp/template.py", line 218, in _swap_settings
old[key] = getattr(settings, key, None)
File "/base/python_runtime/python_lib/versions/third_party/django-0.96/django/conf/__init__.py", line 28, in __getattr__
self._import_settings()
File "/base/python_runtime/python_lib/versions/third_party/django-0.96/django/conf/__init__.py", line 53, in _import_settings
raise EnvironmentError, "Environment variable %s is undefined." % ENVIRONMENT_VARIABLE
EnvironmentError: Environment variable DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE is undefined.

Total payments: $16804.97
Purchases #:
Average Purchase: ( Happy Gifts not taken into account ) $5.78

What's a Happy Gift?

Tess3ract

Banned
A happy gift is a gift bought during happy hour.

Gala fund:

Gala Fund

IndieGala is proud to announce a brand new tool that looks to support the amazing world of indie games.

After two successful IndieGala bundles - which have granted thousands of players from across the world access to affordable, high quality indie games while also supporting charities and indie developers - we feel that there's no better time to launch the Gala Fund.

The Gala Fund aims to be the ultimate solution for independent developers with brilliant ideas and empty pockets; a space in which promising teams of developers will be given the chance to bring their games to life.

By joining The Gala Fund, developers will be able to maintain their independence and pursue any mind-blowing project they choose without bending to the requirements of big publishers.

The introduction of the Gala Fund aims to boost the independent developer scene while giving new and young developers the chance to make the games they want to make, with absolutely no restriction on creativity.

All developers who believe they have an interesting project in the pipeline may apply to be selected for galafund filling out the form below. Our selection process will begin in the coming weeks, we guarantee to examine carefully every project that will be sent to us.

sorry your browser hates you

As for the games: if it doesn't say GOLD or that it's a pack, 99% of the time it's just the first game.

I admit the Pay more text should be moved to the bottom of the box

I think the "less than $1 text" is right. Basically it says you pay less, all you get is these shitty drm free indie games.

As for the semantics, I agree with you it's not as professional but for real, it's just a bunch of indie games.

Tomodachi

I literally do not understand the design for IndieGala.com. I actually don't know what I am buying. Pay more than $5.78 and get ... what?
We Italians are terrible at English and sometimes even simple logic. Bear with us.
I always have a hard time understanding what I'm paying for with indiegala bundles so if I'm interested in any of the games I just pay more than the average price to make sure I get the full bundle and that is that.

Fantomex

I got first world problems too, Just yesterday I tried playing Assassins Creed Revelations on the console, and after 1 minute I'm like, "I have a PC now, it probably looks awesome on it. These textures look horrible, draw distance, ewww." and so I just shut it off and played Torchlight 2. Only 3 weeks with a PC I display prejudice. feels bad man.

Twinduct

I got first world problems too, Just yesterday I tried playing Assassins Creed Revelations on the console, and after 1 minute I'm like, "I have a PC now, it probably looks awesome on it. These textures look horrible, draw distance, ewww." and so I just shut it off and played Torchlight 2. Only 3 weeks with a PC I display prejudice. feels bad man.

Nah it's not prejudice. Your accepted standard just shifted.

Most console plebs don't understand. It's not that we demand to be treated as elite, we just expect a certain level of acceptance =)

I opted into the Skyrim beta update, and for some reason after restarting Steam just shit the bed. It started resuming downloads, randomly updating stuff (even with 0kb files?) and trying to fix games I had modded. My system came to a stand still. Was annoying.

ShaneB

I knew it. I buy Alpha Protocol for 8 bucks at GMG not long ago thinking it would probably be on sale on Steam for cheaper before I get around to playing it, and what do ya know! :p

Tomodachi

amazon price matched steam for 50% off and theres currently a 25% off coupon you can use to bring it to 18.**

can't find the coupon though...check the amazon thread or if someone could post it here
Thanks, got it. Had to add a random US address found with Google Maps, lol. Now I only hope the FBI won't bust me D:

I just got a job offer :D

So to celebrate, here's some keys for you guys, just quote to see.

Omegalodon (Desura Key)

Majesty 2

East India Company

Enjoy!

Miker

Alpha Protocol daily deal is tempting, it probably won't go back to $2 anytime soon right?

I highly, highly doubt it. Steam hasn't really had any crazy 90% off sales in recent memory. Even the most recent (summer) sale was pretty tame.

EDIT: And to echo everybody else, it's well worth the $5. Possibly the best dialogue system in an RPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom