• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

for some reason I dusted off my psp today and spent part of the day playing Rock Band Unplugged

I wish Rock Band Blitz was on Steam

Fantomex

I think the sleeping dogs demo is easily the worst one I've played this year

LETS BE BATMAN but without the fluidity or forgiveness of batman. NOPE

add in knowing it's basically gta with better combat, or saints row 3 without everything that makes saints row 3 rule, regulates this to a $5 deal for me.

You don't like sleeping dogs? :(

2827615_o.gif

Miker

Just finished my first session of Sleeping Dogs, played for about an hour or so. It's fucking great. Like really fantastic. I'm probably biased because I was in Hong Kong for a month this summer, but it nails the setting, and it has (usually) great Asian-but-not-racist voice acting to boot. Wonderful sense of humor, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBP6tr0yd9o

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So I started playing Serious Sam The First Encounter Classic today. It's actually really good, very intense and fun. I was on my toes the whole time, and hearing the noise that some enemies make, and knowing I'll be in for a huge fight can be kinda scary.

I feel relieved. My fear of having wasted the money and made a bad decision (buying the SS franchise pack instead of Sleeping Dogs, though I didn't know the latter would be on sale) is now gone.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Quote for the following:

Brainpipe: A Plunge to Unhumanity
Majesty 2
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West
Elven Legacy

Edit: All gone.

It's $18.74 from Amazon for a Steam code. There'a thread about it somewhere.

Sweet. Thanks. I just bought it now. I had played the demo, so I liked it.

Oh shit and Derrick likes Sleepy Dogs? I'm not sure if I should be scared or happy. Derrick hates everything unless it's like a super hardcore, unforgiving, open world PC game for the late 1990s. (I'm just kidding, but I did like SR3. Don't Judge Me Derrick. Well, yeah, you can. I'm pretty sure you'd hate my tastes in games, lol, but that's cool.) I just got done with the bridge mission in Dishonored and I'm picking up ACIII on the 30th, but I don't think I could pass up that deal on Sleepy Dogs.

camerooni

Neo Member
So I've just gone back to try to play Assassin's Creed and work my way through slowly..

Looks like when ubi moved their servers they forgot that they coded AC to dial home AFTER EVERY SINGLE KILL.. which results in a horrible hang atm, initially on the logo screen and then every kill thereafter - horrible, horrible experience..

Can be fixed by adding the following to /etc/hosts file:

#Game blocks
216.98.48.18 127.0.0.1 #AC1
216.98.48.53 127.0.0.1 #AC1
216.98.48.57 127.0.0.1 #AC1
216.98.48.133 127.0.0.1 #AC1
216.98.48.134 127.0.0.1 #AC1
#Game blocks end

But still.. why Ubisoft, why.. !?

wazoo

I was going through my games and noticed I have Viking: Battle for Asgard. I never bought it, though. Is it a glitch or is it there from some bundle key?

Edit: Apparently it was added to my library because I bought that Total War pack awhile back.

Stupid things. Seems they upgraded the Total war pack, but not if you own all of them separately.

StuBurns

Banned
Does Alpha Protocol have many mods available? I've heard it's a horrid action game, but if I can cheat through all that just to experience the RPG stuff, I'd be tempted.

zkylon

zkylewd
Does Alpha Protocol have many mods available? I've heard it's a horrid action game, but if I can cheat through all that just to experience the RPG stuff, I'd be tempted.
Nope, no mods. If you play it as a stealth game it's semi-competent, and the RPG stuff makes it all worth it.

Enco

I haven't played it much but it's one of the jankiest games I've ever played.

I'm enjoying the RPG stuff like everyone else is but damn how did they fuck up so much with making a smooth game?

strafer

This may be highly inappropriate to talk about, and if so please tell me and I'll delete it, but I just wanted to say... Gabe is looking really good. Here's a new picture of him:

ppTS5.jpg

Lost a lot of weight.

How many in the picture? That's right, 3.

Half Life 3 incoming.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This may be highly inappropriate to talk about, and if so please tell me and I'll delete it, but I just wanted to say... Gabe is looking really good. Here's a new picture of him:

Lost a lot of weight.

That picture was posted earlier, and on this very page. ;)

1-D_FTW

I think the sleeping dogs demo is easily the worst one I've played this year

LETS BE BATMAN but without the fluidity or forgiveness of batman. NOPE

add in knowing it's basically gta with better combat, or saints row 3 without everything that makes saints row 3 rule, regulates this to a $5 deal for me.

Fist bump, bro. Felt the exact same thing.

Sajjaja

Not really, but with some editing of the INI files you can get it to be much less jank. I could upload mine if you want, or anyone else for that matter.

wazoo

There was a huge patch on it yesterday, and a lot of people are pretty upset about it. I don't know exactly what it did, but you seem to be a victim of it. CDProjekt forums would be a good place to start.

No patch on the Gog version yet to compare.

Derrick01

Banned

Play as a stealth guy and focus on nothing but pistols and you can almost cheat your way through the game. There's an ability that makes you completely invisible and you can run around the area doing takedowns on enemies and there's a pistol ability that freezes time and lets you line up a various amount of headshots depending on how high it's leveled.

Sajjaja

Haven't started playing yet, but what fixes are achieved by editing the ini files exactly?

Things like move speed, recoil, accuracy, enemy accuracy and what not. It may seem like cheating but trust me... it feels a lot better. You can Google and find a forum I used to tweak my game. I don't remember what it was called, but try searching for alpha protocol mods and Ithink yyou'll find it.

EDIT: Found it. Quite long but worth it. http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/55422-modding-alpha-protocol/

Nabs

You can also adjust the FOV if it bothers you. I do this for almost every ue3 game. Just don't go crazy with it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Mark of the Ninja was a great pick-up. It's one of the best stealth games I've played, regardless of scale or budget. I made a more detailed post in the OT, but you guys should check it out. Only like 4 people on my friends list are playing it, it deserves way more attention.

A demo would have done a lot of good.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Mark of the Ninja was a great pick-up. It's one of the best stealth games I've played, regardless of scale or budget. I made a more detailed post in the OT, but you guys should check it out. Only like 4 people on my friends list are playing it, it deserves way more attention.

Yay for more people checking it out. It's truly amazing folks, like Thief 2/Chaos Theory amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom