• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark of the Ninja is most like the old GBA Splinter Cell games, though with more vertical movement and grace. It's good, but not the mind-blowing journey it's being described as.

1-D_FTW

Metro 2033 may be insanely gorgeous in 3D, but fuck this game. It's scripted crap.

I started playing this a couple weeks ago. Then quit when I got to a part I died on a number of times. Had a little time just now, so I figured I'd restart where I was having the issues. It's a section where you go all flashback (Fear style) and after the 3rd flashback, you die. It doesn't matter if I move up to the grate inbetween non-scary and stupid flashbacks, when I exit after the 3rd flashback, I'm back in the pit with the bodies and collapse to death 1.5 seconds later.

If I have to do a google search to learn the secret key to bypassing a scripted sequence (this early in the game), I think it just means it's not meant to be.

P.S. I hate scripted games. I could have sworn some of gafs biggest Metro 2033 supporters hated CoD, so I don't know how they deal with the seeming hypocrisy. Game seems like a jank CoD.

EDIT: And I just did a google search to get past it. I don't know. Not sure how much further I'll get. Doesn't seem like it has any similarities to Stalker. Just really unsatisfying shooting coupled with a Euro jank take on CoD scriptedness.

Let us know how it goes. There is some shit I wouldn't mind throwing out myself.

Here are the results:

Me said:
Hi,

Some of my friends have told me that they were able to remove specific unwanted games from their Steam account by contacting support. I currently own 380 games on Steam, and a large number of those are games which I don't want (they came free in bundles that I acquired during a sale, for example). I was wondering if it would be possible for you to remove a list of games for me? The titles are:

blah
blah
blah

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steam support said:
Hello xxxx,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

I can assist you in permanently removing the game(s) from your account. However, the game(s) will not be refunded and will not be accessible for future use.

Please note, any bans incurred in a game you are asking to be removed will remain on your account. The bans apply to your Steam account, not the game itself.

If the game was purchased on Steam and you repurchase the game in the future, your Steam account will receive the same CD Key it was initially assigned.

If you registered a game with a CD Key and we remove it, the CD Key will no longer be valid and it will not be redeemable in the future.

***Important: If you wish to have a game removed that came in any sort of bundle or package, that game can only be removed if the entire package is removed. If any game that you want removed came in a package are you are OK with this, you will need to provide the name of the package or bundle that this subscription came in.

Please let me know if you would like to proceed with the removal of your game(s).

Me said:
Hi again, thanks for getting back to me. Yes, i'd like to proceed with the removal of the above games then and I understand that I will not receive a refund.

I can't remember which games might have been part of a bundle/package - if any of them are and therefore cannot be removed, then these can just be ignored then.

Thanks for your help!

Now to wait and see which games get removed and which do not due to bundles. A lot of my crap came in Humble and Steam sale bundles..

Alex

Throwaway game? Great Big War Game for DD

It's a B-rate Advance Wars type of deal, and as such it's certainly not bad or anything but I'd say it's very throwaway on a platform that's absolutely drowning in amazing and truly significant strategy games. It's also still high in price at $5, considering I have it on both Android and iOS because it's been knocked down to nothing in price about ten thousand times. :lol

I didn't even know they put it on PC, honestly that seems like a waste of time to me. Should have gotten it out on handhelds or something where people may have been more receptive to it. I always felt if they retooled their fare with a less obnoxious aesthetic and pushed it along those lines, it'd make a bigger impression on people.

1-D_FTW

I played about an hour of it and didn't like it. I got quite bored and something about the character designs just irks me.

I could have sworn it took me two hours to get out of that boring intro section (or maybe it just seemed that long to me). I've already posted about that though. And it's fair that you don't want to continue anymore. But there was a really good game buried between the beginning and ending. A real shame he couldn't have balanced things better so people weren't so off put by the incredibly boring opening.

You should try to get to the first dungeon, the game sucks until then.

:lol

You're right. Sucks is probably a better description than incredibly boring. I wonder how many sales he chased away by releasing that demo that started at the beginning.

Mark of the Ninja is most like the old GBA Splinter Cell games, though with more vertical movement and grace. It's good, but not the mind-blowing journey it's being described as.

This, I had a ton of fun with MotN and it has a great sense of both atmosphere and energy. I am going to do another playthrough, but I doubt I will spend more than 10 hours with it in total.

It is worth $15 any day of the week though, no doubt.

Ledsen

Metro 2033 may be insanely gorgeous in 3D, but fuck this game. It's scripted crap.

I started playing this a couple weeks ago. Then quit when I got to a part I died on a number of times. Had a little time just now, so I figured I'd restart where I was having the issues. It's a section where you go all flashback (Fear style) and after the 3rd flashback, you die. It doesn't matter if I move up to the grate inbetween non-scary and stupid flashbacks, when I exit after the 3rd flashback, I'm back in the pit with the bodies and collapse to death 1.5 seconds later.

If I have to do a google search to learn the secret key to bypassing a scripted sequence (this early in the game), I think it just means it's not meant to be.

P.S. I hate scripted games. I could have sworn some of gafs biggest Metro 2033 supporters hated CoD, so I don't know how they deal with the seeming hypocrisy. Game seems like a jank CoD.

EDIT: And I just did a google search to get past it. I don't know. Not sure how much further I'll get. Doesn't seem like it has any similarities to Stalker. Just really unsatisfying shooting coupled with a Euro jank take on CoD scriptedness.

One of my favorite FPS of all time. Don't think it has anything to do with CoD, except being a linear FPS (like 99% of every FPS ever). It has some rough edges in the gameplay but the atmosphere and first person immersion is some of the best ever, right up there with Metroid Prime or Far Cry 2 in that regard. The sound design, the visual effects, the art direction, the animations... holy shit. The whole gas mask mechanic, putting it on, your breathing getting heavy, the mask cracking, your visor fogging up as you get closer to running out of air... god damn I'm getting chills just thinking about it.

And on another note, please stop saying "Euro jank", it's such a lazy and derogatory term.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
One of my favorite FPS of all time. Don't think it has anything to do with CoD, except being a linear FPS (like 99% of every FPS ever). It has some rough edges in the gameplay but the atmosphere and first person immersion is some of the best ever, right up there with Metroid Prime or Far Cry 2 in that regard. The sound design, the visual effects, the art direction, the animations... holy shit. The whole gas mask mechanic, putting it on, your breathing getting heavy, the mask cracking, your visor fogging up as you get closer to running out of air... god damn I'm getting chills just thinking about it.

And on another note, please stop saying "Euro jank", it's such a lazy and derogatory term.
But people are willing to forgive Euro jank.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

If it helps at all, I use Eurojank as a positive expression for when a game has a lot of ambition, but isn't the most technologically sound product (and is from Europe, obviously). Being told a game "suffers" from Eurojank actually makes me interested in it.

Miker

If it helps at all, I use Eurojank as a positive expression for when a game has a lot of ambition, but isn't the most technologically sound product (and is from Europe, obviously). Being told a game "suffers" from Eurojank actually makes me interested in it.

Same. It's a term of endearment. <3 eurojank

Ledsen

The fact that European developers often go for high ambition on low budgets instead of the opposite (most "AAA" games) is a positive thing, I agree, but that's not how most people use the term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom