• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it helps at all, I use Eurojank as a positive expression for when a game has a lot of ambition, but isn't the most technologically sound product (and is from Europe, obviously). Being told a game "suffers" from Eurojank actually makes me interested in it.

I always think of games released by Paradox and JoWood when someone says Eurojank. So it implies a very complex game with a GUI that can't handle all that complexity.

I always think of games released by Paradox and JoWood when someone says Eurojank. So it implies a very complex game with a GUI that can't handle all that complexity.

I tend to think of a game with questionable complexity (aka lots of spreadsheet fields that may not do anything of real value) coupled with serious stability problems and outright broken mechanics that result in people praising the game once they figure out how to exploit the gameplay bugs enough to extract the good game content. Alternatively, a game worth buying once it's less than $10-15 and has multiple patches (possibly from the community).

1-D_FTW

The fact that European developers often go for high ambition on low budgets instead of the opposite (most "AAA" games) is a positive thing, I agree, but that's not how most people use the term.

I've always used it in the positive sense (ambition at the expense of polish... which is a good thing). Never heard it used as a derogatory sense by anyone.

But people are willing to forgive Euro jank.

Maybe that's why I'm unwilling to forgive then. Clearly it's not Euro jank. The praise seems to be mostly about graphics, not ambition. Which is probably why I can't forgive certain elements.

EDIT: I'll have to erase my Steam review when I get home tomorrow. Euro jank shouldn't be used, because it does imply positive elements to most.

Tess3ract

Banned
If it helps at all, I use Eurojank as a positive expression for when a game has a lot of ambition, but isn't the most technologically sound product (and is from Europe, obviously). Being told a game "suffers" from Eurojank actually makes me interested in it.
Same here.

Miker

I ordered 2 codes so I can trade to the fine people on this thread. I also was gonna question if it was legit but my gut told me to input my cc ifo instead. That was crazy fast.

SUNNUVA-

I've been so bored I've been reloading this thread every few minutes and I still missed it.

So I tried to activate the borderlands 2 season pass today but it comes up with an error saying it won't work with the 'RU' version?

Wtf I bought Borderlands 2 from GMG and the season pass on Steam, has this happened to anyone else?

Tambini

So I tried to activate the borderlands 2 season pass today but it comes up with an error saying it won't work with the 'RU' version?

Wtf I bought Borderlands 2 from GMG and the season pass on Steam, has this happened to anyone else?

Yeah, contact Steam Support, they fixed it for me.

Lizardus

This might not be the right place to ask but does anyone know of a mod for GTA4 that makes the car handling more like GTASA?

I have finished half the game with it but now its just getting on my nerves how even a slight turning makes the backside of my car to swerve wildly and feel like I am on ice.

Thanks

Giard

If someone has bought the current Indie Gala bundle and doesn't want Hearts of Iron 2 Complete, I'd be willing to take it from you. I can offer Just Cause 1 or 2.

Also posted this in the Steam trading thread.

This might not be the right place to ask but does anyone know of a mod for GTA4 that makes the car handling more like GTASA?

I have finished half the game with it but now its just getting on my nerves how even a slight turning makes the backside of my car to swerve wildly and feel like I am on ice.

Thanks

You're playing with a controller aren't you.

Giard

A gaffer was nice enough to give me Hearts of Iron 2 (<3 INDIGO_CYCLOPS), so I will be generous too.

First person to quote this post and ask for either Just Cause or Just Cause 2 will get it!

Sajjaja

A gaffer was nice enough to give me Hearts of Iron 2 (<3 INDIGO_CYCLOPS), so I will be generous too.

First person to quote this post and ask for either Just Cause or Just Cause 2 will get it!

Just cause 2?

EDIT: Aw shiet.

EDIT2: Oh shit, thanks man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom