• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
$60 bucks? Like with Max Payne, seems like Latin America's getting a fairer deal. It shows up for $45 here.

cdcfhp42.jpg

A Flash puzzle-game as pre-order? Really? Really?

And no hats! *knocks over magazine rack* Although given the game is still some four months away, they'll probably appear at a later date.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Yay for Homefront, one of GAF's most praised and beloved games! I can't wait to play it, SO excited! I'll buy all the DLC too, totally worth it.

I played 20 minutes of it at a friend's home and didn't like it at all.
The multi was actually pretty great but I don't know if anyone is online anymore.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
$60 bucks? Like with Max Payne, seems like Latin America's getting a fairer deal. It shows up for $45 here.
That's a more reasonable price. I won't get it though, haven't played the previous games due to DRM. I may end up getting them someday, but only because I already have SecuROM installed in my system from the free Origin games (or isn't it? I haven't run them yet).

DTKT

While not necessarly a 100% confirmation the fact that the version you buy from GMG requires Steam to play is a safe bet that the game is steamworks.

The latest trailer had the "wrench" Steamworks logo at the end. It's a safe bet to assume it's going to be a retail and digital Steamworks title.

Rekubot

Is Steam broken for anyone else? Keeps telling me it can't sign in.

Edit: Huh, on the fifth try it says it's updating.

Edit Edit: Nope, no good. I just wanna play a videogame Steam :'(

Salsa

Bioshock Infinite still isnt up on every store (internationally speaking), so given the region-pricing it might end up being cheaper (or match the latin american $45) somewhere else

Tomodachi

Any hint to make Sleeping Dogs run decently? I keep getting like 120FPS and then suddenly 20FPS for no apparent reason. Camera is totally messed up too. Driving is a pain. I think I will put it on hold and wait for my new pc later this year but I have a 3.2Ghz with a 560 Ti, I don't think it's not capable of running it at medium settings.

Locking the frame limiter at 60 or 30 doesn't seem to help. I thought this was regarded as a good PC port? :(

MNC

Tempted to preorder Bioshock Infinite because it looks fucking amazing and I'm hyped. Then again Bioshock 2 preorder bit me in the ass, hard.

Tempted to preorder Bioshock Infinite because it looks fucking amazing and I'm hyped. Then again Bioshock 2 preorder bit me in the ass, hard.

There is no reason to preorder at this stage. From reports it will either be a mess, take forever to come out or just be reduced in scope back to a by the numbers shooter.

Plus $80 smh...

Everybody should buy AI War. It is the best game on steam I have ever purchased but not played.

jediyoshi

There is no reason to preorder at this stage. From reports it will either be a mess, take forever to come out or just be reduced in scope back to a by the numbers shooter.

Those reports were before they even had a release date, I would hazard to guess if it were actually the case, we would've gotten a date a long time ago and reports would come out long after the fact.

Those reports were before they even had a release date, I would hazard to guess if it were actually the case, we would've gotten a date a long time ago and reports would come out long after the fact.

I would hazard a guess everything was paired back to a corridor shooter. The point is it is still well worth a wait and see.

MNC

Plus $80 smh...

Everybody should buy AI War. It is the best game on steam I have ever purchased but not played.

80$? Man, 45USD is already a huge discount to me. That's 34€ mang! Well yeah I wouldn't pre-order now. But people don't know me. I never pre-order. The fact Bioshock is an amazing series and Infinite is looking great makes me want to pre-order within the timespan it is possible to preorder.

zkylon

zkylewd
I would hazard a guess everything was paired back to a corridor shooter. The point is it is still well worth a wait and see.
What? How did you get "corridor shooter" from the latest trailer, or any of the developer walkthroughs that showed you could jump around rails from one flying building to another and even hijack a blimp and burn it inside out?

I still wouldn't preorder right now because really, what's the point? You still have a couple months to find that perfect GMG/Amazon deal...

jediyoshi

You looked at the last trailer and took corridor shooter away from it? What exactly are you looking for as far as a confirmation that would say otherwise other than new gameplay?

Any hint to make Sleeping Dogs run decently? I keep getting like 120FPS and then suddenly 20FPS for no apparent reason. Camera is totally messed up too. Driving is a pain. I think I will put it on hold and wait for my new pc later this year but I have a 3.2Ghz with a 560 Ti, I don't think it's not capable of running it at medium settings.

Locking the frame limiter at 60 or 30 doesn't seem to help. I thought this was regarded as a good PC port? :(

That frame limiter is useless. I set it to 60 and my FPS still hovers in the 90s. And the game does seem to have some technical issues from what I've played on my PC. People are just quick to label it as a good port because of the HD texture pack

You looked at the last trailer and took corridor shooter away from it? What exactly are you looking for as far as a confirmation that would say otherwise other than new gameplay?

The first two games (he mentioned bioshock 2 if you want to refer to context), cut modes and the people who left during development.

Curious to know what I am missing in the trailer because it just looks much the same to me? Skyhooking around was in bionic commando too.

Maybe none of that is true, I still have formed an opinion that it will be far from amazing, no matter what the trailers show. This is why I sm not preordering.

I'm playing The Darkness II, and it's really impressing me - the variety in the combat is fantastic and the narrative/acting is really excellent. Recommended.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm playing The Darkness II, and it's really impressing me - the variety in the combat is fantastic and the narrative/acting is really excellent. Recommended.

Game is fantastic, it's on my short list for GOTY. Very unexpected surprise, pretty much a perfect experience. Very, very good.

Eusis

I think it'd be more likely it got scaled back to basically being "Bioshock in the sky", as long as it's that at a bare minimum I'll be content, though I haven't followed any of the trailers/footage too much beyond the earliest stuff. Not out of lack of interest, just not wanting to dive into every piece of information beyond some early stuff to know what to expect roughly.

Vice City on PC is annoying in a couple of ways: the framelimiter/vsync option locks it to 30fps, so you just need to let it tear like a bitch to get a good feeling framerate. The mouse aiming is also more sensitive vertically than it is horizontally, which is weird. Other than that, was surprised at how well it played with a keyboard and mouse. GTA3 was definitely the superior port though (and I suppose San Andreas but it has the same shitty framelimiter as VC, made even worse at 24fps!).

Plus $80 smh...

There's no rumours. Just speculation considering that the developers stopped giving regular updates on the game.

Not saying the game will be great, but so far we have E! entertainment level of information when it comes to the recent build of the game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck, for some unknown reason the Steam website is in Spanish now. The community section is still in English, as is the client, but the storefront changed language without my permission. Any way to change it back?

Nvm, found the option. For a minute there I thought I would be forced to use my mother tongue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom