• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Vice City on PC is annoying in a couple of ways: the framelimiter/vsync option locks it to 30fps, so you just need to let it tear like a bitch to get a good feeling framerate. The mouse aiming is also more sensitive vertically than it is horizontally, which is weird. Other than that, was surprised at how well it played with a keyboard and mouse. GTA3 was definitely the superior port though (and I suppose San Andreas but it has the same shitty framelimiter as VC, made even worse at 24fps!).

D3Doverrider doesn't work on Vice City? Or any of the 30 other v-sync alternatives?

Vice City on PC is annoying in a couple of ways: the framelimiter/vsync option locks it to 30fps, so you just need to let it tear like a bitch to get a good feeling framerate. The mouse aiming is also more sensitive vertically than it is horizontally, which is weird. Other than that, was surprised at how well it played with a keyboard and mouse. GTA3 was definitely the superior port though (and I suppose San Andreas but it has the same shitty framelimiter as VC, made even worse at 24fps!).

IIRC it's because of the Renderware engine. Something about how when you move it's not the character that moves, but the world that moves under the character. That's why unlocking the framerate makes it so much more difficult moving through water. Boat chases that would be easy at 25 fps become a struggle at higher framerates. Sounds weird, but I'm sure I read that somewhere before.

Could just be BS though. But uncapping the framerate definitely make using boats much more difficult.

Bought some stuff from the Valve Store with friends and the items are pretty cool. A friend bought the Portal 2 messenger bag, and if anyone has been eyeing it from some time, get it. It looks great.

A01043_Main.png

A01043_Back.png

MRORANGE

Bought some stuff from the Valve Store with friends and the items are pretty cool. A friend bought the Portal 2 messenger bag, and if anyone has been eyeing it from some time, get it. It looks great.

[IM]http://store.valvesoftware.com/product_images/main_images/A01043_Main.png[/IMG]

[IM]http://store.valvesoftware.com/product_images/back/A01043_Back.png[/IMG]

seems a bit tacky :|

One game per user. Quote with the game you want.

Battlegroup (Desura)
Broken Sword: Director's Cut (Steam) GONE!
Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror (Steam) GONE!
Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon (Steam) GONE!
Worms Crazy Golf (Steam) GONE!

daevv

I just bought Vice City and it shows up twice in my library. Is this normal? I'm super new at using Steam or PC gaming for that matter.

Persona7

Banned
Anyone who has the game Scratches : Directors Cut

Is it normal for the fade in between scenes to be extremely slow? I once got 3 faded scenes going on at once when I moved really quickly.

camerooni

Neo Member
Anyone who has the game Scratches : Directors Cut

Is it normal for the fade in between scenes to be extremely slow? I once got 3 faded scenes going on at once when I moved really quickly.

I had to turn off all the 'directors cut' features and go back to essentially slideshow mode for it to feel at all 'normal' to play.. maybe try disabling a few of the 'extras' and see if it makes the experience better for you?

Persona7

Banned
I had to turn off all the 'directors cut' features and go back to essentially slideshow mode for it to feel at all 'normal' to play.. maybe try disabling a few of the 'extras' and see if it makes the experience better for you?

I'll try slideshow mode out and mess around with the other settings. Thanks.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Giana Sisters is awesome. Purchased it because of how great it looked and it hasn't disappointed. Plus I remembered the original theme from a looong time ago and they worked it in there, really love the soundtrack. The way the environment and music changes seamlessly when you switch between the dream world is amazing. Beautiful game and plays like a dream (360 pad).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Rose Online looks like the shittiest F2P MMO in the history of shitty F2P MMOs.

Cool graphics, bro. It looks like 2001 just took a dump on my computer.

Wait... Rose Online is STILL alive and it's on Steam? I remember that thing coming out a decade ago during my high school years! It was touted as "Ragnarok Online... in 3D!!!" back then.

DTKT

Hesus Christos, Chilvalry is the number one selling game. Pretty awesome for something born out of a Kickstarter. I bet the dev are really happy.

xJavonta

Banned
The Chivalry beta was awesome, waiting for next paycheck to buy the game though.

Also, I just installed Windows 8. It's not that bad.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Serious Sam The First Encounter Classic. The game's really good, though a bit on the long side for me. And rather hard, especially the latter levels. I don't know if I should start The Second Encounter right away, or wait some time to avoid risking franchise fatigue.

Dishonored is pretty much the spiritual successor to the Thief series and was an amazing experience from start to finish. I cut a bloody swathe throughout the entirety of the game and had a lot of fun doing that. The game simply gives you this fun toy box of abilities, weapons and items, it's hard to not use them. I used stealth when I had to but for the most part I engaged in combat whenever I could.

What shocked me about Dishonored was how player actions can afftect the world. I was unaware of this aspect of the game, I'm so used to videogames that I simply did an optional task for the reward. I didn't think there would be a consequence for my actions until I played the next mission and discovered I made the world a more terrible place. I kind of got socked in the gut when that happened. I'm actually really interested in replaying Dishonored to try for a nonviolent, pure stealth playthrough to see how different an experience it will be.

Uhh, so how does the ricochet fireball platforming thing work? Like I did it, after fiddling around with mashing the x button, pressing the x button when I hit each wall and different directional inputs but I don't know how to do it consistently. If this is a core mechanic it's not explained well, at all. I get one ricochet, then fall back down.

I'd get Chivalry if it wasn't so expensive for what it is and price inflated in the UK.

It is a skill based game so the farther you wait the harder it will be to break into without getting slaughtered.

So if it's your kind of game, I'd go for, get it for $18.75 from someone in the US.

I'll stop promoting the game now, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom