• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

microtubule

Well damn you. I had pretty much ignored that game so far, watched the trailer, noticed Eurogamer 10/10, positive from RPS and now I have yet another game on my backlog. Although I'm pretty sure this one will jump the queue.

Well hopefully it will be worth it. It looks and sounds bloody good as well!

I just got my Steam key from getgamesgo.com but hasn't gone live yet on Steam.

Eurogamer review is up:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-23-hotline-miami-review

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I want to play BioShock 2's DLC, Minerva's Den, this is proving to be a surprisingly difficult task. It's not on Steam, I asked a friend, he said it was only on GFWL, I looked on there, and I can't find it there either. Anyone know what's up with it?

You live in the UK, right? This should work.

If I buy Bio2 on Steam, can I install the DLC if I can buy it elsewhere?

Yeah, just download it via the GFWL client and then run the game from Steam.

Tomodachi

Let me put it this way. You can go to the Amazon or gog.com forums right now and find threads where people have the exact same problems with Steam that you have with Uplay. And I mean the exact same problems... why do I need to launch a client to play my game, why do I have to see a storefront when trying to play my game etc. They call Steam cancerous to PC gaming and want it to die, just like you seem to want Uplay to disappear. So what argument would you give those people that applies to Steam but doesn't work for Uplay?
Prices and quality of service (as in number of games, not being locked to one publisher) but mostly prices :p The same qualities I'd advocate in a potential "digital vs physical" debate, actually.
Also, one service is ok, one service inside another is annoying. I would be pissed off if I had to click "Launch" on Steam too for a game I purchased on Origin (just making an example here).

I don't want uPlay to disappear by the way, the more competition the better for gamers. I just don't like different launchers for a single game bought on a digital store, it's already annoying when Steam starts updating DX and stuff every single time a newly installed game is launched without having to log-in, update and stuff like that another service. I don't know, would it be so hard to cut the whole uPlay thing at least on the Steam version of a Ubisoft game? I'm not an expert so genuine question here.

I don't think Brotherhood will get cheaper, and 5$ is kinda hard to pass up.. Anyone know if the deluxe edition is worth it?

Well by that time Rev might be cheaper since 3 will be out then.

I picked up the deluxe version of Brotherhood in the summer sale when it was 7.50 then. the extra stuff is nice but i personally haven't used it other then the armor.

Krater intrigued me during the summer sale....but i was waiting for a few more updates to roll out.

anyone know if its still as terribad as the metricritic ratings?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So, including the DLC this time around, that's ~50 hours for everything, which means, all up, the game and/or Uplay had been idling for the very same amount of time. :p That's... ridiculous, I'll admit.

Do you walk everywhere? I did everything short of maybe 20 feathers and my save was 37 hours. I certainly didn't rush. DLC is built into the PC release, you can't avoid playing that.

JaseC

Do you walk everywhere? I did everything short of maybe 20 feathers and my save was 37 hours.

No, but I did swim a lot. :p

DLC is built into the PC release, you can't avoid playing that.

Yeah, but my post (as in the one I quoted) refers to the PS3 version, not long after the game released (i.e. there was no DLC at the time). I should've made that clearer, I suppose.

Tomodachi

Revelations is awfully overpriced in my eurozone (IIRC Euro2). 20€ (=25$) vs 15$, ew.
Good thing I bought it during summer sale, lol

On the other hand, AC1 is cheapest here. Weird regional pricing there, Ubi.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Origin doesn't seem to have auto-updates.

When I 'bought' those free games from them, I had to go track down patches and high resolution texture packs from Bioware.com for the Dragon Age and Mass Effect games.
How can you tell if they are updated or not? Do I have to manually download all patches for each Dragon Age?

Caerith

Krater intrigued me during the summer sale....but i was waiting for a few more updates to roll out.

anyone know if its still as terribad as the metricritic ratings?
I enjoyed Krater, but understand why it gets down-rated. It's a loot game but you only have 15 levels before you cap; however, it isn't about grinding to level 60 or whatever so much as it is about customizing your characters and their skills with implants. Like, a regulator has an area slow skill, but you can make it heal allies or damage enemies or boost stats or whatever: you have a lot of flexibility in how you build and customize your 3-man/mutant team. I think the low scores are just from people who dont get it.

Krater also has an excellent soundtrack, and it's pretty funny like only a post-Apocalyptic Sweden can be.

(Granted, I never finished. Alpha Bjorn is pretty brutal.)

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
WTF is this?

whatthefuck9ruog.png

Anyone ever got this error when adding a gift to their library

"Unable to add the gift to your game library. The gift may have already been redeemed. Please try again later."

Tess3ract

Banned
And on that note, those with the wireless X360 controller need to download this for it to function correctly. Apparently, fixing something as simple as the device ID for the wireless X360 controller is a job for Ubi's Too Hard Basket.
I tried that shit and could never remap my 360 controller :\

Giard

I've only played a bit of the first AssCreed, thought it was kinda repetitive.
Would it be okay to skip that one and buy AC2 and AC:Brotherhood? Or will I be missing a huge part of the story?

Also, is there DRM?

JaseC

I tried that shit and could never remap my 360 controller :\

The default controls are fine for me so I never thought to test that. You can change the button associations by editing x360ce.ini, although you'll want to make a note of the defaults so you know which number refers to which particular button.

I've only played a bit of the first AssCreed, thought it was kinda repetitive.
Would it be okay to skip that one and buy AC2 and AC:Brotherhood? Or will I be missing a huge part of the story?

Also, is there DRM?

Assassin's Creed 2 is much better than 1. AC1 is a fairly short game if you just rush through it, you could just watch some of the story on youtube but you won't miss much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom