• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
All y'all recommending Assassin's Creed 1 over 2/Brotherhood because "the story is better" or whatever are cray-cray. 1 may be more stoic and ~thoughtful~, but 2 is actually a fun game with stuff to do in it. Jumping in at 2 is fine.

Dizzy-4U

I went back to regular steam after the beta crashed all the time. Now all my 400 installed games are trying to update. This is going to take some time :(

Salsa

steam be whack today

first day in a while when everything seems to be fucking up a bit. Read about like 5 different issues

Relax.MX

Mmmm AssCreed: Brotherhood...mmm 5 usd...mmm I need to resist, I made a vow to not buy games in the rest of the year :(...1 month is gone...2 more and 2 big sales are coming :(

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Mmmm AssCreed: Brotherhood...mmm 5 usd...mmm I need to resist, I made a vow to not buy games in the rest of the year :(...1 month is gone...2 more and 2 big sales are coming :(

It will be on sale for the same price in Winter.... and Summer... and anything AC afterwards

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fall sale this month though.

Next month. Basically:

Late October: Modest Halloween Sale (assuming it's on the cards; last year's press release doesn't mention the word "annual")
Late November: Large Autumn/Fall Sale
Late December: Huge Christmas/Winter Sale

jediyoshi

Whoa, pretty late time for the new Sleeping Dogs DLC to drop

header_292x136.jpg

Screen Legends Pack

header_292x136.jpg

SWAT Pack

jediyoshi

Little email remainder excerpt from the Natural Selection devs

One week until launch!

It's hard to believe we're launching on Halloween, 10 years to the day after the first NS. We are finally in the home stretch - after over 5 years of active development, we are going to be releasing Natural Selection 2 v1.0 on Steam on Halloween. To date, over 65,000 players have pre-purchased NS2 (thank you!) and we are incredibly excited.

If you haven't gotten your copy yet, now is a great time. For 1 week longer, you can get the NS2 Deluxe Edition for only $25 (it will be $40 after Tuesday). NS2 was built for playing with your friends, so you can also get the 4-pack at this special rate too ($75 for 4 Deluxe copies).

Didn't realize the price for the deluxe ed was going to be $40, you'd think they'd advertise the current price as a preorder sale to get people on the fence over

Tess3ract

Banned
No idea where the launch properties are. It won't let me put that into the target in "properties."
Make a shortcut. Go to properties on that shortcut. in the "TARGET" field, after the part where it says "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" or equivalent (if it doesn't have quotes, put it around the address) then space then -clearbeta. apply.

Fantomex

You guys know what's a bummer with Steam? That I'm trying to trade or sell borderlands 2 download code I got from newegg, and no one is even making offers. I think everyone figures they will buy it from the steam sales coming up.

Steam giveth and taketh away.

You guys know what's a bummer with Steam? That I'm trying to trade or sell borderlands 2 download code I got from newegg, and no one is even making offers. I think everyone figures they will buy it from the steam sales coming up.

Oh, they actually sent out those $2 Borderlands 2 codes? Sweet, I placed an order when it was up.

Was thinking of using it as trade filler towards Dishonored or XCOM, heh.

Soi-Fong

How much we're you selling it for?

You think that's bad? I paid full price for Saints Row 3 right before the summer sale figuring since it was so new it wouldn't get any discount at all. Boy was I wrong. Then because I had it sitting in my inventory someone saw it on my wishlist and gifted me a copy before I installed my own. I couldn't even sell that thing for $20 and ended up just giving it away to someone.

JaseC

Revelations is worth 15 bucks right?

Only if you're hankering for some more AssCreed and/or want to see an end to Ezio's story. Revelations is not required viewing as far as the overarching modern-day narrative is concerned -- it's moved forward an inch at the very end of the game, which you can just watch on YouTube, and the crappy portatertris Desmond sequences offer only some backstory regarding his earlier years.

Twinduct

Stupid Stardock. I thought they would send out steam keys for Fallen Enchantress if you bought it on their site :/

Don't want to install the Stardock client. Bleeeeeh

Soi-Fong

Only if you're hankering for some more AssCreed and/or want to see an end to Ezio's story. Revelations is not required viewing as far as the overarching modern-day narrative is concerned -- it's moved forward an inch at the very end of the game, which you can just watch on YouTube, and the crappy portatertris Desmond sequences offer only some backstory regarding his earlier years.

I've been out of the loop since AC2. Never played Brotherhood or Revelations. Will I be fine story wise?

zkylon

zkylewd
Nope. It is worse than you can imagine. I would not like to be the IGF judge for this game.
He means Ass Creed: Rev, not Revelations 2012 lol.

Hm, and for $15, I think I'll skip it. I would've gone for it for $7.50 or $10, since the prospect of playing two AC games in a row is a lot more tempting if on the cheap, specially if one of them is not so good.

I guess I'll just Youtube it...

iNvid02

I've been out of the loop since AC2. Never played Brotherhood or Revelations. Will I be fine story wise?

nope, at this point just ask yourself If you liked ezio as a character, if so his journey through those 2 games is not to be missed. if not read up or YouTube it

Ledsen

I'll give you $7.5 right now.

Been watching videos of the Fallen Enchantress beta, 4x, turn-based, fantasy setting, randomised world generation, city/empire building...hnnngggg, wanna pull the trigger.

JaseC

In regard to AC3? Brotherhood has a fair amount of the modern-day narrative interspersed through the game, so it's worth playing through, and the PC port is noticeably better than its AC2 counterpart.

Edit: Oh, and it has proper support for the wireless X360 controller, too. Congratulations, Ubi, it only took you three games! ;)

Dunno, it's downloading and installing right now. There aren't any reviews but all of the early impressions from the beta that I've found have pretty much been really positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom