• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robot Pants

Only if you're hankering for some more AssCreed and/or want to see an end to Ezio's story. Revelations is not required viewing as far as the overarching modern-day narrative is concerned -- it's moved forward an inch at the very end of the game, which you can just watch on YouTube, and the crappy portatertris Desmond sequences offer only some backstory regarding his earlier years.

Nope. It is worse than you can imagine. I would not like to be the IGF judge for this game.

Edit: Oops. Mistaken.

ACR? I guess. I'd pass imho.

Now Revelations 2012 is another story. That's the worst game I've ever played.

Word. Thanks guys. Ill be passing.

Tomodachi

Steam lately crashes completely, after having booted up. Happens 3-4 times, then it stops crashing. Any ideas?
Everyone is having these problems. Latest beta just sucks, apparently. I wish they would just BPM out of beta so I could go back to stable releases.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh hell yeah, Dead Light is getting Steam achievements. I can get behind this sort of MS publishing set up where they let devs do whatever they want.

alstein

How is it?

Sorry, double post.

I've been playing it for months via the beta. Let's put it this way, since I know you were heavy into KOF.: I compared War of Magic to KOFXII/SFxTK. This is Stardock's KOFXIII.

In other words, it's a great comeback with a few minor flaws.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why? Just tried AC2 and the only problem (albeit a pretty big one) was the crash on alt+tab.

The LOD system in AssCreed 2 PC is buggered. Not only is the distance threshold worse than the console versions, but you can also see detail levels switching even when stationary.

Ledsen

The LOD system in AssCreed 2 PC is buggered. Not only is the distance threshold worse than the console versions, but you can also see details levels switching even when stationary.

Oh shit, didn't get into a real city so I didn't see this... is it fixable?

Ledsen

Nope. I'm not a "graphics whore", but the visual issues in the PC port are egregious to the point of being distracting.

Holy fucking shit @ this

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Assas...ls-Wallpaper-Download-705250/galerie/1250383/

Yeah I think I'll e-mail Steam to anull the purchase if possible... wtf?

You sir:

Excellent port from what I can tell. The only blemish would be UPlay, but I believe you could also play that disconnected from the service and you'd only miss out on earning achievements to unlock stuff like skins (Altair I think?).

Are a damnable liar who made me buy the game :(

dani_dc

The shadows are what annoy me the most:

FC49E5E440EF1EF49FFE99DF7575FE73389F4E1F

They keep changing between quality and it's extremely distracting.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Next month. Basically:

Late October: Modest Halloween Sale (assuming it's on the cards; last year's press release doesn't mention the word "annual")
Late November: Large Autumn/Fall Sale
Late December: Huge Christmas/Winter Sale
Fuck, I don't want to spend all my salary on games. I need to buy other things, you know!

Like a new PC so I can buy more games.

Dawgs, so much BS to get through just to start BioShock 2.
May I ask you why? Was thinking of getting them both from Amazon, despite SecuROM.

JaseC

Holy fucking shit @ this

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Assas...ls-Wallpaper-Download-705250/galerie/1250383/

Yeah I think I'll e-mail Steam to anull the purchase if possible... wtf?

Steam's refund policy exists purely for pre-purchases. Unless Sweden has an applicable law that you can reference to demand otherwise, as this UK bloke did, you won't receive a refund for a product purchased post-release.

Edit: If you can't persuade Valve to offer a refund, just hold on to the game, in case a trade in feature is implemented. I'm keeping Dishonored RHCP attached to my account for this very reason (I can play the game itself, but DLC purchased outside of Eastern Europe won't be compatible).

You sir:

Are a damnable liar who made me buy the game :(

To be fair, he did say, "from what I can tell".

Ledsen

Steam's refund policy exists purely for pre-purchases. Unless Sweden has an applicable law that you can reference to demand otherwise, as this UK bloke did, you won't receive a refund for a product purchased post-release.

There is a Distance Selling Law in Sweden that allows you 14 days right to return a product, providing it is in the same condition as when you received it. I don't know if it's applicable in this case (since Steam itself is a service and not a product), but I don't think it should have to be. This is a faulty product imo.

JaseC

There is a Distance Selling Law in Sweden that allows you 14 days right to return a product, providing it is in the same condition as when you received it. I don't know if it's applicable in this case (since Steam itself is a service and not a product), but I don't think it should have to be. This is a faulty product imo.

Ah, so it doesn't apply to services also? The UK law is rather handy in that it's applicable to both.

Ledsen

Ah, so it doesn't apply to services also? The UK law is rather handy in that it's applicable to both.

It does apply to services but in this case I have used the service (=installed and played the game for a few mins) and I don't know what that means for me.

edit: From what I can tell, I have the right to examine/use the product or service in order to know if I want to return it or not... so in this case I should be able to get a refund. I'll update you guys when I've contacted support.

edit2: or not, because if "the service has been started with my acceptance" the law is not applicable.

Ledsen

Damn I wish the United States of America gave me the right to return games for not being pleased with graphics settings.

I bet you also wish you had a mandatory 3 year right to return a defective product. When MS did that 3 year RROD warranty thing we were like "So what?" /Swedenfuckyeah

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The price you pay for the right to bear arms. :p

Only suckers don't realize this solves most problems in the U.S.

Let's see how long it takes to get a refund when they're staring at the semi-automatic machine gun I keep strictly for hunting purposes.

Salsa

I bitched about that ass creed issue a lot in a previous steam thread. About halfway through I just accepted it and it got out of the way. Enjoyed the game more than brohood, even if the port is inferior

JaseC

Only suckers don't realize this solves most problems in the U.S.

Let's see how long it takes to get a refund when they're staring at the semi-automatic machine gun I keep strictly for hunting purposes.

"He--hey! What's with the gun?"
"I'm hunting. For consumer rights."

I always thought the AC2 issues were caused by my dying PC. I don't know what to think anymore.

Just remember that nothing is true and everything is permitted.

HoosTrax

Hacker Evolution Duality Inception

^This is what happens when developers string together a bunch of cool sounding geeky words into a game title.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Taking one for the team, bought Fallen Enchantress.

Please post your thoughts on it after a few days. I bought Elemental originally but got a refund when it turned out to be horrible. I still want the game to be good though, and if they truly have fixed it up then I'm buying it too. I will need to see many glowing reviews first however...

Firebrand

Total War Battles: Shogun is 75% off (£0.75) on Gamefly (Europe only).

Do you get the TF2 stuff if you buy it outside of Steam, and uh, is it any good?

Tomodachi

Total War Battles: Shogun is 75% off (£0.75) on Gamefly (Europe only).

Do you get the TF2 stuff if you buy it outside of Steam, and uh, is it any good?
I don't like Total War games even though I got a couple of them on Steam, but Battles seems like something I might actually like and has been on my wishlist since it came out. Getting it, thanks for the heads up :)

Nabs

Daily is Tiny Troopers at 66% off ($3.39) but I think I saw Toy Soldiers at 5 bucks for a second there. I would have picked it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom