• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrand

I don't like Total War games even though I got a couple of them on Steam, but Battles seems like something I might actually like and has been on my wishlist since it came out. Getting it, thanks for the heads up :)
If you punch in the key let me know if TF2 items materialize in your inventory.

ShaneB

OMG, I hope they discount it as well. I LITERALLY missed the Summer Sale by the next day when it was $5 or 4-pack for $15. Had just built 2 new computers for friends and we could only play TF2 =/ Make it happen Steam!

A free weekend, and a likely halloween sale pretty much guarantees that L4D2 will see a 75% off sale... if not more at this point.

Lizardus

Holy shit, just bought the Hitman Professional Edition from greenmangaming for $36 and steam is selling at $54. I am amazed at the price difference.

Let me know if this is not the right place to talk about stuff like this.

Nabs

Crazy. I guess I missed it by a few minutes. Maybe I got lucky.

Just a warning:

We'll be performing routine maintenance on some of the Steam servers on Wednesday October 24, 2012 around 16:00 PDT (GMT-0700).

Chat, game lobbies, and the community web site will be affected for the duration of this maintenance. Some content downloads may be briefly interrupted. Game play should generally not be interrupted but may be impacted for some multi-player titles.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=33177340&postcount=530

Holy shit, just bought the Hitman Professional Edition from greenmangaming for $36 and steam is selling at $54. I am amazed at the price difference.

Nah, we all do that sometimes. I look at this thread like place where you can talk about any game too.

We need a gaming OT.

This thread is pretty chill. Talk about anything Steam related, whether it's deals outside of Steam. GMG is a great alternative for deals on Steam titles.

$36 for Hitman Absolution is mighty tempting.

Caerith

It being Halloween means everyone needs to buy and play Costume Quest.

Are there any other games on Steam that are actually about Halloween? Not just scary games or horror games or whatever, but holiday-themed ones. Looking for something to play after I talk to Calendar Man that day.

ShaneB

Are there any other games on Steam that are actually about Halloween? Not just scary games or horror games or whatever, but holiday-themed ones. Looking for something to play after I talk to Calendar Man that day.

I was just about to post this about Costume Quest. We're friends now.

Seriously, play this game if you haven't!! It's cute and adorable and hilarious! It has lines like "I'm gonna eat french fries till I puke!"

HoosTrax

TF2 usually holds special Halloween themed events. Dungeon Defenders and Killing Floor might have some costume-related things.

But yeah, Costume Quest is the only game that comes to mind as far as specifically dealing with Halloween.

And it came!

gift_zps109d549c.png

The next 6 hours at work are going to be so long.

koolaroo

Dang I'm assuming left for dead 2 is going on sale this week I hope it goes on sale at Christmas time too because I won't be able to pick it up this time around.

Please post your thoughts on it after a few days. I bought Elemental originally but got a refund when it turned out to be horrible. I still want the game to be good though, and if they truly have fixed it up then I'm buying it too. I will need to see many glowing reviews first however...

Will do. I just want to mention that while I do own Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity and Galactic Civilization II (bought both during Steam sales), this is the first Stardock game I've played. I won't be able to comment on how Fallen Enchantress is similar to, improves upon or differs from War of Magic.

One game per GAF'er.

First person to draw anything creative on Paint/Adobe in relation to Just Cause will get a Steam code.

First person to draw a ton of Supreme Commander units fighting each other with explosions gets a Supreme Commander 2 code.

xJavonta

Banned
One game per GAF'er.

First person to draw anything creative on Paint/Adobe in relation to Just Cause will get a Steam code.

First person to draw a ton of Supreme Commander units fighting each other with explosions gets a Supreme Commander 2 code.
I hate not being at my computer...

ithorien

One game per GAF'er.

ibrO1dWF1MHTeR.png

Give to the next person, I already have it but wanted to draw a silly picture.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Good idea. I was saving it for when I finish my third playthrough (first since I got it on Steam) of Psychonauts. But I stopped playing it, so I didn't get to the other Double Fine games. I'll play this one, and maybe Stacking after it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom