• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

snack

My steam wouldn't start on windows startup following the steam client update yesterday so I had to reinstall it.

Anyone else have this issue?

I wouldn't count on that -- it hasn't gone for more than half off since the Christmas/Winter Sale of 2010, and the base price hasn't budged from $20 for at least two years now.

Guess I can settle for $10 if it goes on sale.

Also, anyone heard of this? Stealth Bastard Deluxe is coming to Steam at the end of November.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...tard-deluxe-out-on-steam-end-of-november-2012

1280x-1

1280x-1

1280x-1

Tomodachi

I have another DOTA 2 invite to hand out, anyone? PM me.

That is if you actually manage to open Steam without crashing it to hell.

EDIT: gone!

vazel

Banned
Valve has a wicked sense of humor with the upcoming L4D2 free weekend. It's going to be rage overload with the upcoming influx of newbies.

Primal Carnage is dated for October 31st. Looks like a good Dinosaur FPS for once but the game modes seem limited and I'm not sure if it was very wise to release on the same day as Natural Selection 2.

Did anyone notice a sale on Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning during the 38 Studios auction? Rich Gallup on twitter said he heard Steam was selling it for $16, but I wonder if he just misheard and the person actually said $60.

I just noticed I can download it from GameFly for only $35. I need to keep an eye on their PC Download section, I haven't really looked at it before today.

mannerbot

Did anyone notice a sale on Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning during the 38 Studios auction? Rich Gallup on twitter said he heard Steam was selling it for $16, but I wonder if he just misheard and the person actually said $60.

I just noticed I can download it from GameFly for only $35. I need to keep an eye on their PC Download section, I haven't really looked at it before today.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43391368&postcount=3949

Keep tabs on the Amazon thread, their sales beat Steam's (though not in breadth obviously). KoA + DLC will be $11 sometime in the next few weeks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

He must have misheard. Kingdoms of Amalur has been on sale just once, as one of the Midweek Madness deals the week of April 17th, with a discount of 33% ($60 -> $40.19).

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Capcom games going five bucks is a rare phenomenon.

I'd probably already own DR2, DMC4, and RE5 if they each went for 5 each.

GMG: Borderlands 2, 36% off, $37.99.
Gamersgate: Endless Space, 33% off.

You should post those in their respective threads too. Tony from Amazon was getting heat for promoting Steamworks games on here so I'd advise you bump the GMG or the DD sales thread and give them some love too :)

1-D_FTW

That Slickdeals-Origins promotion had it for 16 dollars. He probably confused the two.

I know it was 16, because I was hoping I could use the 20 dollar coupon on it. But it was excluded.

Nabs

What's the word on the PC version of Jet Set Radio? I heard it was locked to 30 fps.

I think it's really good. It's locked to 30 like the Dreamcast version, but it never drops and it runs on really old setups. The game works perfectly with a 360 controller (camera controls!), and is very playable with mouse/kb (graffiti with a kb is a little rough). Most issues (bad framerate or slow loading speeds) are solved by simply restarting your computer once. Oh, and this guy created a way to import images.

What's the word on the PC version of Jet Set Radio? I heard it was locked to 30 fps.

I remember hearing about a weird bug at startup where the game would slow down to a snail's pace, but a simple restart would fix it. I played through it to completion and never had that problem.

Outside of that and the 30fps lock, it's a very good port.

Recall

What my laptop can and can't play and the inconsistency of what games you would expect it to play is so frustatrating. I can run Phantasy Star Online 2 and Torchlight 2 at Max settings with zero issues yet some indy game like Cortex Command or old game like Risen and it won't play for shit.

Really wish I could figure out before hand what it could play before dropping coin on non demo games or if there was some Steam application to help narrow down the compatability titles with my less than perfect set up :(

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Rayman is $7.50 on Get Games Go. I never even heard of this website until about five minutes ago.
They're legit, if you were wondering. Run by or somehow affiliated with Eurogamer I believe—they offered the preorder bonus level for Hotline Miami.

I'd double dip if Ubi had bothered to put achievements into the PC version.

Pity this doesn't register on Steam, it's a great deal!
Stop trying to trick everyone by linking to these Aussie storefronts. I'm on to you and I will PM a mod :mad:

graywolf323

Yes, unfortunately. I'm not in any rush to buy it though so I can wait for a Steam bombas so I can get my Steam cheese mints.

I highly doubt KoA will ever see a discount on Steam, 38 Studios self-published it for the Steam release and well they no longer exist

Amalur will be $60 until it gets pulled whenever Steam runs out of keys

Is it just me or has Steam been really unstable lately? Not just the client but the site randomly doesn't work/is really slow.

I have had issues with steam losing connection in the client and when it is connected the download speeds are horrendous, 98k horrendous. I pause and do a speedtest and my speeds are fine.

neoism

guys does steam sometimes restart and ask for your password login... it just prompted and then it stop working error... is steam fuck for anyone else.....

also is mark of the ninja any good. and will it go on sale in the next month your think...

Mairu

I tried to buy Jet Set Radio from Get Games Go but it wouldn't let me use Paypal and it wouldn't accept my credit card. Oh well.

Tomodachi

I don't know what people here are on about, I've had no problems with Steam whatsoever. Possibly a bad update?
Did you activate the beta updates? Many of us did for BPM and that is causing trouble since the latest update. If you're on beta too... I guess you're just lucky :p
I consider myself lucky as well though, mostly I only get a crash right after the first launch, then I relaunch it and nothing for the whole time I keep it open.

stuminus3

Noticed you guys talking about a good deal on Sonic Generations, remembered I enjoyed that game and thought I might load it up for a level or two.

Already had it installed, but Steam informed me that it had to update the install to the new content system. No big deal, lots of my games have done that lately, only takes a minute to convert stuff.

Steam craps out just as I click "OK".

Steam comes back. Decides Sonic Generations isn't installed and I have to download 8GB again.

GRR. Yeah, I can agree that Steam hasn't been particularly consistent recently. These random little server issues are playing havoc with cloud stuff in particular.

Dambrosi

Banned
Did you activate the beta updates? Many of us did for BPM and that is causing trouble since the latest update. If you're on beta too... I guess you're just lucky :p
I consider myself lucky as well though, mostly I only get a crash right after the first launch, then I relaunch it and nothing for the whole time I keep it open.
Yes, I'm on the beta, though I haven't used the BPM lately. A stability issue with BPM, maybe?

Noticed you guys talking about a good deal on Sonic Generations, remembered I enjoyed that game and thought I might load it up for a level or two.

Already had it installed, but Steam informed me that it had to update the install to the new content system. No big deal, lots of my games have done that lately, only takes a minute to convert stuff.

Steam craps out just as I click "OK".

Steam comes back. Decides Sonic Generations isn't installed and I have to download 8GB again.

GRR. Yeah, I can agree that Steam hasn't been particularly consistent recently. These random little server issues are playing havoc with cloud stuff in particular.
Now that sounds like the Steam client is updating to the normal client, instead of the Beta, without telling you. Check you're still on the Beta in the Settings menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom