• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

my advice for avoiding the wanting gunplay would be to invest in the martial arts skill. initially you're not proficient, getting blocked etc. but once you upgrade to i think about 50 strike damage you can dispatch an enemy without difficulty in about three seconds. i loved the feel of the melee, especially as an alternative to subpar gunplay. also essential for non-lethal play obviously, if that's your style. for the stealth skill, evasion will give you a second chance upon being spotted, and of course shadow operative will cloak you entirely for its duration.

it has its shortcomings but the story/conversation aspect is great and for me playing stealth/melee made the minute-to-minute gameplay great fun.

Thanks for the advice! I guess I am going for a non-lethal play as much as possible, of course I can be prone to just shooting everything in sight when things go awry. But since the stealth element is much more solid, I'll start putting more points in the martial arts skill as well when possible.

kennah

Thanks for the advice! I guess I am going for a non-lethal play as much as possible, of course I can be prone to just shooting everything in sight when things go awry. But since the stealth element is much more solid, I'll start putting more points in the martial arts skill as well when possible.

Once you get your hands on the tranq gun, it's incredible. Even works on bosses!

Tess3ract

Banned
What do I play that takes the shortest time to finish? Help.

ibi3A9mA7cMbWl.jpg

edit: quoting it doesn't seem to fix the length, sorry

I like top down isometric shooters :(

I'm not a huge platformer person and I'm at a point in braid I don't know what to do.

I had to restart from the shopping mall place because I lost my save file, now I'm just like ehhh

If you're not a fan of platforming, and you just want to play for the ending, just youtube that shit :D

That's what I do when I'm stuck on games I'm not keen of.

Everyone who has Costume Quest but hasn't played it yet should play it in these next few days. It such a good game especially around Halloween. Fun writing, great gameplay, and its length is just about right.

Plus the Arrested Development reference.
IVSkG.jpg

zulux21

What do I play that takes the shortest time to finish? Help.
edit: quoting it doesn't seem to fix the length, sorry

noitu love 2 is short and decently fun I have 110 min on it and beat it twice and am halfway through a third time.
Everyone who has Costume Quest but hasn't played it yet should play it in these next few days. It such a good game especially around Halloween.
I should give it another try sometime, but the time I tried playing costume quest I found the combat boring and had problems focusing on it thus I put it down, the kicker being of course that I am actually a heavy turn based JRPG player so I am not sure why I found CQ's combat so boring.

Joe Molotov

Isn't there a (legit) site where you can buy Steam keys for removed games? I got Prey that way.

Most of the removed games never had retail Steam keys. Prey did, the Football Manager games do, but most of the rest you would have to actually find someone that bought an extra copy and kept it in their inventory.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You think Steam would eventually be a video store?

You think it'll eventually be food delivery?

You think it'll become the Matrix?

Echoplx

I played a bit more and found that using a silenced pistol with the 'improved pistol critical hit' perk in combination with the sound generator to lure enemies within range works really well. Of course you can still make that non-lethal by using tranq ammo but I like killing people :D

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Glad to see nothing too upsetting in that removed list. Half of it is Everquest/MMOs and sports games. I have NWN 2, Wolfenstein, Prey, Everyday Genius: SquareLogic and maybe a couple others. Stalin vs. Martians is the only thing I'm kicking myself over.

tjohn86

Glad to see nothing too upsetting in that removed list. Half of it is Everquest/MMOs and sports games. I have NWN 2, Wolfenstein, Prey and maybe a couple others.

The MMOs and sports games I get. Single player stuff sort of boggles the mind. Do they hate money?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone who has Costume Quest but hasn't played it yet should play it in these next few days. It such a good game especially around Halloween. Fun writing, great gameplay, and its length is just about right.
Yup, started it last night, played for almost half an hour and then a friend asked me to play Left 4 Dead 2 with him. From what little I played of CQ, I thought it was fun, and with a nice sense of humor (not unlike Psychonauts, which is a great thing). I'll definitely play more of it.

Most of the removed games never had retail Steam keys. Prey did, the Football Manager games do, but most of the rest you would have to actually find someone that bought an extra copy and kept it in their inventory.
So there's close to zero chance I'll get Wolfenstein 2009 then.

Giard

I'm happy to have already bought NWN 2 and Vice City... don't really understand why they're removing the games.

edit: kinda explained above

zulux21

Glad to see nothing too upsetting in that removed list. Half of it is Everquest/MMOs and sports games. I have NWN 2, Wolfenstein, Prey, Everyday Genius: SquareLogic and maybe a couple others. Stalin vs. Martians is the only thing I'm kicking myself over.

i have NWN 2 and Everyday Genius: Squarelogic myself, it's a bit of a shame that never winter nights 2 isn't being sold anymore, but it's a huge shame squarelogic isn't, it's a great little numbers game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I e-mailed TrueThought wondering if the somewhat recent resubmission to Valve was moving along at all, and also asked if Greenlight is something that had been considered, but never received a response.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is the first Condemned actually scary? I might pick that up if it's out for Halloween.

If you hate the homeless, fuck yes. If you hate mannequins, hell yes. If you,....oh god it was the scariest game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom