• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I think we need a condemned PC performance thread.

I want to see how the PC port runs.

There is no PCgamingwiki article, and I have to run to school right now so no time to do some more research.

feel

Got FEAR 1 (already beat it on xbox years ago so it's more or a collection thing) and a L4D2 spare copy just in case I need one for a friend down the line. Pretty shitty haul.

Almost bit on Walking Dead but I don't plan on playing it yet so I might as well wait for it to go lower.

Every sale.

N8Sccl.jpg

catabarez

Porting old PC to steam (Condemned) or asking a western PC dev to do a PC version of their only console game (Viking) is not the same as asking a console centric dev to start PC development.

Viking was ported by another company. If Sega wants to port Platinum games, platinum does not have to be involved.

MDSLKTR

There is no PCgamingwiki article, and I have to run to school right now so no time to do some more research.

I replayed it two years ago on a gt460 and had absolutely no problem.

Hinomura

Condemned and Prototyope 2 bought.

I would have bought Alice, but since here it's at 12.49 euros (16 usd) -discounted- I'm not going to buy it.

I don't know what to do with Orcs Must Die 2... I'm still feeling more than glutted by the first one...

Grief.exe

Porting old PC to steam (Condemned) or asking a western PC dev to do a PC version of their only console game (Viking) is not the same as asking a console centric dev to start PC development.

I think they would do a 3rd party port of that one.

If Sega and Platinum could get a deal inked, I don't know how their relationship is now after they had to jump ship to Nintendo to get Bayonetta 2 published.

All hypothetical of course.

I replayed it two years ago on a gt460 and had absolutely no problem.

60FPS? Unlocked resolution?

Nabs

They wouldn't ask them to start PC development. They had their mobile team handle Viking, and hired DD to handle Sonic/BD.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Fixed. Fear 2 is a travesty and the final nail in the coffin for monolith. Fear 3 is the better game and the coop is fun.
Oh no, totally not! F.E.A.R. 2 is a great game, and a good F.E.A.R. game, which is the problem with the third. It's not a bad game, but doesn't fit in the series at all. The scary elements are practically gone, and the little that's left is completely predictable and old. Paxton Fettel isn't an interesting character, he was much better in the first game. I need to try the co-op though, it may end up being the redeeming factor.

The second had a nice scary atmosphere, and reading the log entries took you deeper into the story. I think I should replay it one day.

BiggNife

I never understood the hate for FEAR 2. The AI is definitely better in FEAR 1, but I prefer the mission variety in FEAR 2 instead of every level taking place in a boring office building.

ArjanN

It wasn't even that demanding when it came out and that was years ago.

The PC port should run on any contemporary PC at this point. I played it on a P4 3GHz 1GB ram GeForce 6800GT on an XP machine at the time and it ran fine at 1024x768.

Grief.exe

The PC port should run on any contemporary PC at this point. I played it on a P4 3GHz 1GB ram GeForce 6800GT on an XP machine at the time and it ran fine at 1024x768.

The game is what? 7 years old? You'll be fine.

It wasn't even that demanding when it came out and that was years ago.

I wasn't wondering about performance. I have an SLI + OC'd SB system, I'm not worried about that.

I was mostly worried about DRM, locked frame rate, locked resolution, that kind of stuff.

Yes and yes. Definitely the best version of the game.

Thank you, answered my questions perfectly.

ArjanN

They wouldn't ask them to start PC development. They had their mobile team handle Viking, and hired DD to handle Sonic/BD.

They already develop on PC anyway, like every developer.
I'm pretty sure they essentially had versions of Bayonetta and Vanquish running on PC near the end of development.

I'm at work and mobile steam is really not very informative. Is this Halloween sale just a few games or is there meta achievements / badges / prizes like past sales. Either way I will probably snag walking dead even though I won't play it until Christmas sale :(

Aaron

They already develop on PC anyway, like every developer.
I'm pretty sure they essentially had versions of Bayonetta and Vanquish running on PC near the end of development.
Bayonetta was made on a PC first, but a particular spec of PC. To get it to work with a wide range of GPUs and operating systems is no small task.

BiggNife

I'm at work and mobile steam is really not very informative. Is this Halloween sale just a few games or is there meta achievements / badges / prizes like past sales. Either way I will probably snag walking dead even though I won't play it until Christmas sale :(

Nah, it doesn't look like any badges or achievements. Just a bunch of Halloween/horror themed games on sale (looks like about 80-90 games total).

The Halloween sale is never as big as the Summer/Christmas ones.

Stitch

Gold Member
Aww man, no Condemned in Germany. Anyone want to trade?
I have LA Noire, Torchlight 1, Rome Total War Gold and... Trainz Simulator 12 :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom